+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Question regarding transit at Toronto Airport:
I have a flight from Dubai to Toronto. Flight lands at Terminal 1.
Second domestic flight from Toronto to Calgary departs from Terminal 3.

Does anyone have any experience or information about how to change terminal from 1 to 3?

Thanks

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Yes! I got a reply 5 days after telling me they have verified all the informtion I provided and can confirm that the agent that responded to me when I sent the "unable to travel" webform took the appropriate actions and they are following up on my request.
I raised a webform about 4 days ago too stating my situation (My application was approved right before 18th March but I was unable to collect my passport so it is still at VAC which is shutdown). I haven't received a response yet - hoping to receive it by early next week else I will call. Quick question - you mention "unable to travel" webform so is that any different? I visited a link displaying covid 19 information on IRCC website that was shared here and followed through from there. Thought there is just really one webform.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Yes! I got a reply 5 days after telling me they have verified all the informtion I provided and can confirm that the agent that responded to me when I sent the "unable to travel" webform took the appropriate actions and they are following up on my request.
Does that mean flights from your country become operational? Just trying to find the logic to raise the web form for ability to travel.

Last edited:

Newtocan

Jun 8, 2020
Question regarding transit at Toronto Airport:
I have a flight from Dubai to Toronto. Flight lands at Terminal 1.
Second domestic flight from Toronto to Calgary departs from Terminal 3.

Does anyone have any experience or information about how to change terminal from 1 to 3?

Thanks
Hi, Not 100% sure but there is Tram/Train that runs between T1 and T3. You can ger that easily and has good frequency too.

turbomau5

Apr 23, 2020
Just curious to see if there is anybody out there with COPRs expiring in late June or July who has decided to not travel before COPR expiration date because of the fear of COVID and with worrying parents/family in India. Have you raised the web forms yet?

SharmaPJ

Aug 29, 2018
Question regarding qurantine.
I am going to travel from Delhi to Toronto by june end. My younger brother is on student visa and living in Guleph area,I have planned to qurantine myself in a separate room with attached washroom in the same apartment he is living, alongwith his two friends. Can there be a problem at the time of immigration or i should look some other option like a hotel or airbnb. Please suggest!!

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Just curious to see if there is anybody out there with COPRs expiring in late June or July who has decided to not travel before COPR expiration date because of the fear of COVID and with worrying parents/family in India. Have you raised the web forms yet?
Not in June or July but in early Augustand yes I did raise a web form. No response yet. Reason for not being able to travel is primarily due to being unable to collect my passport as I received the message for collection on 17th March and the situation in the city was really bad (India entered lockdown few days later). The VAC is closed since.

Some people received a generic response while some people receiveda positive response I think as I read somewhere on this forum.
When is your COPR expiring? You planning to fly before then?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Dear All,
Has someone been chased during the 14 days mandatory quarantine?
It gonna be a random thing. Trust me getting an answer for this would not bring any satisfaction. You just need to follow the quarantine protocol. However, there was one guy who was chased after officers learnt that there was one infected person in the same flight he was on.

Reactions: mayar-123456789

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
It gonna be a random thing. Trust me getting an answer for this would not bring any satisfaction. You just need to follow the quarantine protocol. However, there was one guy who was chased after officers learnt that there was one infected person in the same flight he was on.
In my personal opinion, I think we should follow the protocol of the country that has invited us. There are a lot of accomodation options that seem tempting, convenient and cheap, but in some way or the other, they go against the guidelines of the country. I myself was tempted to book a place with a shared kitchen but finally decided against it. Not only would it be unethical, you also run a huge risk in case that the 1 out of 1000 that they DO check happens to be you. A situation such as that could be considered as misrepresentation.
According to the cic website, any violation of the quarantine "may" result in:
- fine of $750k
- jail time
Etc
Even though this is only for serious violations such as for people roaming around the city, but you never know.
99% of the time, it won't be an issue, but is the saving of $500/700 worth that 1% risk? This is the choice that everyone has to make.

*Just my opinion*

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I raised a webform about 4 days ago too stating my situation (My application was approved right before 18th March but I was unable to collect my passport so it is still at VAC which is shutdown). I haven't received a response yet - hoping to receive it by early next week else I will call. Quick question - you mention "unable to travel" webform so is that any different? I visited a link displaying covid 19 information on IRCC website that was shared here and followed through from there. Thought there is just really one webform.
Yes . IRCC sent a mail couple of months ago to inform them of one's inability to travel. So I sent them a mail a day before it expired because airways closure was extended and I wasn't able to travel. They replied my mail stating my request had been transferred. When I got information that airways would resume locally on the 21st of June and 1st of July for international travel, I decided to start the process because I don't know how long that could take.VfS offices are still temporarily closed too. I got a mail stating what I said in the previous post and and an "information letter" in my application acknowledging that I requested for an extension. I think its a backlog because it stated that I should send another webform when I am ready to travel when it was my webform stating my ability to travel that triggered the update.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
In my personal opinion, I think we should follow the protocol of the country that has invited us. There are a lot of accomodation options that seem tempting, convenient and cheap, but in some way or the other, they go against the guidelines of the country. I myself was tempted to book a place with a shared kitchen but finally decided against it. Not only would it be unethical, you also run a huge risk in case that the 1 out of 1000 that they DO check happens to be you. A situation such as that could be considered as misrepresentation.
According to the cic website, any violation of the quarantine "may" result in:
- fine of $750k
- jail time
Etc
Even though this is only for serious violations such as for people roaming around the city, but you never know.
99% of the time, it won't be an issue, but is the saving of $500/700 worth that 1% risk? This is the choice that everyone has to make.

*Just my opinion*
Sometimes we think too much and over do the things. Below is the Travel Health Advise from official site if you do not have symptons:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html

Travellers without symptoms: mandatory quarantine
If you have recently returned to Canada and you have no symptoms, you must quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days. This is mandatory. You are at risk of developing symptoms and infecting others.

• You must quarantine (self-isolate) in a place where you will have no contact with vulnerable people, such as:
    • people 65 years or older, or
    • people with underlying medical conditions
  • You will need to confirm you have a suitable place to isolate where you will have access to basic necessities, such as food and medication.
  • You must wear a non-medical mask or face covering while traveling to the place you will quarantine (self-isolate).
If you do not have an adequate place to quarantine (self-isolate), the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada will designate a facility where you must remain for 14 days.

In addition to the above, mandatory quarantine (self-isolate) means you must:

• go directly to your place of quarantine, without stopping anywhere, and stay there for 14 days
    • do not go to school, work or other public areas and community settings
  • monitor your health for symptoms of COVID-19
  • arrange to have someone pick up essentials like groceries or medication for you
  • do not have visitors
  • stay in a private place like your yard or balcony if you go outside for fresh air
  • keep a distance of at least 2 arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others

My take from reading the bold italic lines is that its okay to share house (not room) with someone age less than 65 and no medical condition.

If someone has symptoms or develop symptoms of COVID19 then quarantine rules are strict.

Last edited: