+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

DrBlues

Jun 5, 2020
Hi all. Did anyone receive a reply from IRCC after "Ready to Travel" webform after COPR expiry? If there is an extension (with our without a re-medical) do we need to send out passport for visa stamping? Any idea on this?
Good question. I consider that many people would like to have an answer.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi guys, has anybody with valid COPR travelled to Canada in Air India evacuation flights been denied boarding ?
I follow this thread quite religiously and I don't recall any incidences of refusal. However, it's not a good idea to mention that you are intending to soft-land, as that got some people in trouble in Dubai when they flew out with Emirates. Search for posts in this thread by this dude called nicolasf

Gaargi789

Sep 27, 2019
I follow this thread quite religiously and I don't recall any incidences of refusal. However, it's not a good idea to mention that you are intending to soft-land, as that got some people in trouble in Dubai when they flew out with Emirates. Search for posts in this thread by this dude called nicolasf
Actually I saw some tweets on twitter where people have mentioned that they been denied boarding by Air India for the Delhi to Toronto flight even though they were exempted by Canada

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Hey everyone!

I had posted my experience in a few groups around but totally forgot to mention it here. A place that helped me out big time. I appreciate everyones input for the past year with all queries. I hope and pray we all cope with these troubling times and reach Canada real soon. I officially landed on the 1st of June. Currently halfway done with quarantine!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*long post alert*

Hey everyone!

Firstly, I’m grateful for all the support I’ve received from people on all social media platforms which had made this a very familiar process even before I boarded the aircraft.

On June 1st 2020 I took EK241 from DXB-YYZ.
I figured that it wouldn’t be a full flight and social distancing will be in place so I chose seat 42A online far away from people.

Flight departure was at 0905 AM. They had asked me to be there at least 4 hours before the flight. Now I was in a dilemma as Dubai had movement restrictions and I didn’t want to be flashed by the radar. So I ended up leaving my house after 6AM. I reached the airport at 615 AM (luckily I live in Mirdif).

Walked in to the terminal... there was thermal screening and then I was given the travel hygiene kit and a ‘coronavirus form’ which was a Canadian document.

Right before the check-in there was a document control check point. The gentlemen asked details on my PR status etc. told him I had a COPR. I noticed a lot of people sitting down... apparently I found out that was for re-verification for some work permits etc. I went straight through. Got checked in. And headed into the concourse.

Flight was great, unfortunately they had blocked the back part of the aircraft for the return flight. So I ended up not sitting in a seat I had chosen online; in fact I was so excited I didn’t even notice the seat they assigned me till I got to the gate.

Flight was smooth.

After disembarking the aircraft and walking towards to immigration ... officers were providing a more official coronavirus quarantine form. (I figured I’d do one from scratch). Moving on... it felt like the whole aircraft had COPRs. Initial immigration officer asked a few questions on what I was bringing and told me to go to another counter. There was such a long line that the immigration officers actually had to call in back up. Eventually the whole process didn’t take too long. The officer who dealt with my paperwork wasn’t very enthusiastic. Just literally asked for my address and that’s it. If you have any goods to follow... Make sure you mention it at customs upon exiting.

Now I’m here. In quarantine and hence such a long post. might even end up making a YouTube video with all the time I have now.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! It’s great to be here. stay safe.

Hammad
Hey! I will be doing the same from Dubai next week. I had a question regarding the public transport. Did you use a Taxi to get to your apartment. It appears that we may not be allowed to use the public transport.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Jun 10, 2020
Thanks for quick response. My COPR expiring 19th April and i have already raised a webform. Visa office New Delhi
@mandy15leo , Hi, Have you received any response?
My COPR expired on 31st May n form was submitted on 15th April. On 13th May a response was received that for extention it has been sent to required office. After that no further response is received. On June 1st I further informed via a form that I have finally missed deadline.

Can you or someone else reading this suggest what needs to be done now?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
@rajivmouli
Hi Rajiv, Have they reissued you new COPR or response is still awaited?

Last edited:

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Is your host aware you are quarantining? Many hosts will not be comfortable sharing a home. I suspect the shared kitchen is going to be an issue for CBSA. How will you survive without refrigeration? Washing dishes? Taking out your own garbage? You can’t use the same handles. It is summertime you can’t just leave food out forever? How will you store food in your room? Accept deliveries without contact with the owner? It is not realistic or affordable to order in one meal 3 times a day. I would be looking for your own apartment even if it is a studio. Many AirBnBs are currently empty so you can ask if they can offer you a better price.
Yes, I checked with my host and she has no problems with me quarantining in the house. Although the points you mentioned about fridge are also to be considered.. I guess I will look for an independent place on Airbnb but sadly not many affordable options in Calgary.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Yes correct it seems like a temporary arrangement, however, the risk seems to be there especially for cases of soft landing. While leaving the UAE might be easy, I am afraid 3 weeks down the road, when you plan to come back, others get a return priority and things get a bit challenging... I am planning to travel first week of July. My CoPR expires mid of July. Yourself?
Hopefully things will get better, just keep an eye on news, things will change before starting of July as Dubai is going to open for tourist and relaxation on strict protocols will come automatically,