+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
I am scheduled to take the test in two days...

Two questions...

1. For those who have already taken the test and interview....how do you think an officer would respond to this: My only trip in 2011 does not have Passport stamps. I am from the US and it was for my father's memorial. I have documentation just in case they get uptight about it (ATIP and FOIA), bu it still makes me nervous on what they will do with this. Any thoughts?

2. Appointment is at 8:29 - I live a long ways away. What time (for those who have already taken the test) should I actually be there to stand in line?

Thanks!

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
My wife applied in Mar 2014 and I applied in May 2014 we both got our notices to appear for the test on Jul 20 but we had a planned vacation. I asked so many people what to do they said I should cancel all plans and just go to the test. Well I learnt after 14 years in Canada, that the best way to deal with CIC is to be clear and let them know your plans and whatever happens, happens. So we sent them an xpress mail asking for reschedule. My wife was re-scheduled for Aug 5 with only a week notice and I was re-scheduled for Sep 3.

I think what is happening now is that CIC needs to finish up as much files as possible in the next couple month for 2 reasons:
1- Elections
2- The new law and the backlog behind it.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ERJOPA said:

Two questions...

1. For those who have already taken the test and interview....how do you think an officer would respond to this: My only trip in 2011 does not have Passport stamps. I am from the US and it was for my father's memorial. I have documentation just in case they get uptight about it (ATIP and FOIA), bu it still makes me nervous on what they will do with this. Any thoughts?

2. Appointment is at 8:29 - I live a long ways away. What time (for those who have already taken the test) should I actually be there to stand in line?

Thanks!
For 1. I am not really sure - it would really come down to your profile I guess. If you have listed the travel in your residence calculator (as you should) and your documentation supports it, then you should be fine. I had a missing stamp when I entered Canada in 2011, but my CBSA report did list it, and the officer never questioned me on it.

2. We were there at the test an hour early, and my opinion is that there was no advantage to be gained to be at the center THAT early (except we were able to get seats), you may as well decide your own tolerance to risk :) Things can happen - tire blowout, construction, accident on the road etc. The further you are driving from, the higher the probability of Murphy's law rearing its head.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ERJOPA said:

Two questions...

Thanks!
My wife was missing two stamps on her passport, both entering from US into Canada. Immigration officer took copies of her passport and said that he will need to verify the missing entries with CBSA (she didn't have the CBSA travel history). Three weeks after the test, which is today, the status has changed to 'decision made' lets wait and see when the oath is now (hopefully before the elections).

Show them your supporting travel documents, if they still want to do their investigation let them do their thing; but there is a very good chance that if you provide the proof of exit and entry, they will not go to CBSA.

As mentioned above, there is no need to be at the office too early for the test as there is no line up until 8:30AM. That's when the doors open and until then everyone is just waiting in the waiting room. But you don't want to be late either so use your best judgment and GOOD LUCK!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
tbhutani said:
This is what happened with me yesterday-
(Hi,
I had my oath ceremony scheduled for tomorrow i.e. August 25, 2015 and just now got a call from a lady from Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking me not to come tomorrow for the ceremony as they are awaiting a clearance from Immigration regarding conditions I had on my PR Application.

She apologized for the error on their part and asked me to wait for few more weeks. This is so so disappointing.

Anyone else out there with a similar experience??

wait continues......................)

and this is what happened today ;)

(I got a call this morning at 7:30am from the same lady who called yesterday and she asked me to send some of my business documents as proof that I have removed the conditions since she still hasn't received a clearance from Immigration Dept. She asked me to mail those documents but I asked her if I can drop them off in person at Edmonton CIC Office... she agreed and I dropped off the docs at 10:30am. She called me again at noon to check if I can still make it to the Oath ceremony at 1:30pm in downtown edmonton and I said OF COURSE... and thanked her numerous times for being so quick and not delaying my file further... I went this afternoon for the Oath and now its all done... so happy to have completed the process.... wishing everyone all the very best with their applications.... this feeling is worth all the wait ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :)

Took me 1 year and 1 month to get my citizenship certificate ...

signing off.... tc )
That's interesting, and very lucky!
CONGRATULATIONS! Things really worked out in your favor.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Is there anyone in Edmonton who is scheduled for an OATH ceremony after August 27th, 2015?

There are no OATH ceremonies scheduled after August 27th in Edmonton according to the CIC website. I wonder what is going on with that ::)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
I had my interview today.the interviewer asked lot of questions like your present monthly income,monthly rent ,present company you are working,type of job,how did you live during unemployment period(I had 3 months unemployment).She wrote everything down and made me sign at the bottom.I dont understand what relevance does it have with citizenship.

acis

Jun 17, 2015
Please can some one advice what should I do?

I had my citizenship test June 2 2015 , which went fine perfect score, the interview was fine too, since we did not travel much just one trip since we got PR, I did not even count the # of days that i stayed in canada prior to getting PR so I doubt there would have been any issue with the residency limit since I am well over the minimum number and till date i haven't heard anything from CIC (no RQ, no status update on site, no oath invitation)

What should i do just keep waiting, or you guys know something where i can get a status update on my case?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
acis said:

I had my citizenship test June 2 2015 , which went fine perfect score, the interview was fine too, since we did not travel much just one trip since we got PR, I did not even count the # of days that i stayed in canada prior to getting PR so I doubt there would have been any issue with the residency limit since I am well over the minimum number and till date i haven't heard anything from CIC (no RQ, no status update on site, no oath invitation)

What should i do just keep waiting, or you guys know something where i can get a status update on my case?
Until now no news is good news for you because if there was something wrong with your days they would have sent you RQ letter. So relax and enjoy your waiting days for oath letter to come. stay positive you have come a long way. If you were short of days your pre-initial Citizenship review at Sydney Office they would sent you a notice of RQ. This is what I think.

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
acis said:

My friend I also had test in the beginning of June and still waiting for oath invitation. Don't know whats going on. People who did test in July took oath and we are waiting. So strange.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is anybode aware of any oath scheduled after August 27 in Edmonton?