+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

edm2012

Feb 21, 2012
Hi all,
I wrote my citizenship test on January 19th in Edmonton, and I have not heard from them yet. I am wondering anybody has done the test on the same date or recently in Edmonton? I also appreciate any experience on the timeline between the test and oath.
Cheers,

E

edmedm

I am waiting as well. I took the test 3 weeks after you. They tell you to wait for 3-4 months but in most cases its more like 6-8 weeks. So wait for 3 more weeks and hopefully you will have the letter by then! Good Luck!

rom

Mar 5, 2012
Hi everyone I am waiting for my results as well but friends of mine took the test on Thursday Jan 26th and had a letter on Friday 24th Feb telling them to go for the oath citizenship on Thursday 8th at 9am, they only waited 4 weeks for there letter, I sat mine last week so will keep you posted on when I hear anything good luck everyone :D

E

edmedm

Thats great news and thanks for sharing. I figured something was gng on as edm2012 didnt reply. Rom, I am guessing you from Edmonton as well? I will let you know once I receive my letter. If the citizenship world was chronological :D you should be getting yours in couple of weeks after I get mine. All the best!

yvonne886

Mar 14, 2012
I also took the test on Feb 28, 2012, prob the same time as rom. still waiting and waiting... please share if you guys get any updated news~

slowmo30

Jan 17, 2012
recently had my test and oath at edmonton office....the whole place looked quite efficent....girls were running around to get our stuff done...every one was so polite...very stress free environment.....

E

edmedm

You are lucky to get it all done in one go...lots of people have been waiting for months after the test. Good for you! Congratulations!

E

edmedm

Yeah here some news.....We tried calling them to see what was going on and the lady said wait time is more like 12 weeks. You should be looking somewhere around mid May for yourself. Which is not that bad. Will keep you posted!

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone what do you guys think about my time line. I can't find anywhere any info about 2011/2012 applicants.
What do you guys think .. is the test happening soon ???

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 11, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 11, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2011.

We sent you a letter on December 19, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information orthe requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letterbefore sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contactingus.

We sent you a letter on December 20, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information orthe requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letterbefore sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contactingus.

Your file was transferred to the EdmontonCICofficeonJanuary20,2012.The EdmontonCICofficewill contact you if additional information is required. The EdmontonCICofficewillcontact you regarding your citizenship test once allthe necessarychecks onyourfile are complete

Thank you all in advance ;)

rom

Mar 5, 2012
Hi K9fortmc I dont think you will have to wait much longer here is our timeline so far.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 14, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 14, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 17, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on November 3, 2011. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a letter on November 15, 2011 If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 8, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 28. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

We are still waiting to for the Oath letter to come.