+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
fdk511 said:
Our interview took about 15 minutes, but that's because the officer went through all the entries/exits in our passports (which were not many, but were spread out). He also spent some time to establish all the activities we have been involved in since we got here. I was a bit glad that I had the CBSA travel records with me, since he used those to verify my travel records as noted in the application.

FWIW, while we were waiting for our name to be called, I observed that the officers were spending about the same amount of time with each applicant.

If you are the sole applicant, and you are among the first few to finish the test, you will be called up relatively quickly.

Our test started at around 8:35, and we were done with the entire process by 10:05. We did not get an oath date, but a generic "2-4 month" response. However, our eCAS has been updated to "Decision Made", so let's see what happens next.

All the best with the test and interview.
How to get a CBSA travel records? How long does it take to get it? Thank u

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
pongpong said:
Thank u. By the way, for the interview after the test, do i have to bring my residence calculator? Or do they have a copy of it? As what i remember i sent it all with my application and i didn't make a copy for myself.
I brought a copy of res calculation during my interview but the officer didnt ask for it, I saw that he have all the papers i submitted including the res calculator.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pongpong said:
How to get a CBSA travel records? How long does it take to get it? Thank u
It's a well documented process on the forums. You have the option of either requesting these under the Freedom of Information Act or the privacy act (preferred). The privacy act selection is for your individual record and is a free service (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en). We put in our request AFTER applying, since there was no intent to include them in the original application. The records were received in about 4 weeks, which is in line with service expectations on their website of 30 days.

Given the lead time, you may not be able to receive them in sufficient time if you have already received your test invitation.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
asagalen said:
I brought a copy of res calculation during my interview but the officer didnt ask for it, I saw that he have all the papers i submitted including the res calculator.
thank you asagalen. Do u think they have a copy of all my travel from CBSA? One of my travel i didnt have a stamp of leaving and entering Canada but i have a stamp of my arrival and departure in the foriegn country (PHILIPPINES). I only have 2 travels during that 2 years period. Philippines and new york. New york travel leaving canada, through US immigration at the airport, the stamped wasnt clear but i have a stamped of entering canada from CBSA. Do u think i bring my itinerary with those travels? or not necessary and not to worry about it. One more thing, did they ask or see your IELTS or english test report? I dont have my original cause i sent it with my application for PR. I only have the photocopy. Will this be a problem?

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
fdk511 said:
It's a well documented process on the forums. You have the option of either requesting these under the Freedom of Information Act or the privacy act (preferred). The privacy act selection is for your individual record and is a free service (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en). We put in our request AFTER applying, since there was no intent to include them in the original application. The records were received in about 4 weeks, which is in line with service expectations on their website of 30 days.

Given the lead time, you may not be able to receive them in sufficient time if you have already received your test invitation.
Thank you fdk511. My test will be in Aug 31.When u get your travel report, did it match with your actuall travel? I know it sounds crazy but somethimes probably they make mistake. Do u think during the interview they have a copy of it? I hope so.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pongpong said:
Thank you fdk511. My test will be in Aug 31.When u get your travel report, did it match with your actuall travel? I know it sounds crazy but somethimes probably they make mistake. Do u think during the interview they have a copy of it? I hope so.
Even though my passport was not stamped on one of my entries into Canada, the CBSA record did note my entry. The office didn't make any comment on it as he reviewed the report and compared to my passport.

Given your test date, it is highly unlikely you will get the report in time. One thing I can suggest is that for you prepare a spreadsheet which lists your entry and departure dates in your passport(s) and the corresponding page number in your passport for that stamp. Anything to make the officer's job easier :) Of course, this will highlight the missing stamp, but your corresponding entry/exit stamps in other countries can provide a reasonable corroboration of your travel record.

The officer having the CBSA report with him/her during the interview is not a given. Our interviewing officer did not have it, but I have read on these forums that sometimes they do.

For now, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Focus on the test - all the best with your application.

Sassy22

Nov 5, 2014
citizenshipapplicant said:
Dear,

Not longer than me. I had test on June 3 and still waiting for oath invitation. I called and they said at least not scheduled this month.

this seems random , because I had me test june 24th and my ceremony is on the 26 in Edmonton

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sassy22 said:
citizenshipapplicant said:
Dear,

Not longer than me. I had test on June 3 and still waiting for oath invitation. I called and they said at least not scheduled this month.

this seems random , because I had me test june 24th and my ceremony is on the 26 in Edmonton

@ Sassy22
i bet you are not an october or November 2014 applicant
could you pls share your timelime

Sassy22

Nov 5, 2014
@abdul560
single applicant
app sent july7 2014
in process Oct 2 2014
test June 24 2015
June 30 2015
oath Aug 26 2015

so the whole process was just 1 year

good luck

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sassy22 said:
@ abdul560
single applicant
app sent july7 2014
in process Oct 2 2014
test June 24 2015
June 30 2015
oath Aug 26 2015

so the whole process was just 1 year

good luck
yeah thanks
i believe our turn is coming soon

tbhutani

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2013
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21, 2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 21, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made (October 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
October 09, 2013
This is what happened with me yesterday-
(Hi,
I had my oath ceremony scheduled for tomorrow i.e. August 25, 2015 and just now got a call from a lady from Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking me not to come tomorrow for the ceremony as they are awaiting a clearance from Immigration regarding conditions I had on my PR Application.

She apologized for the error on their part and asked me to wait for few more weeks. This is so so disappointing.

Anyone else out there with a similar experience??

wait continues......................)

and this is what happened today ;)

(I got a call this morning at 7:30am from the same lady who called yesterday and she asked me to send some of my business documents as proof that I have removed the conditions since she still hasn't received a clearance from Immigration Dept. She asked me to mail those documents but I asked her if I can drop them off in person at Edmonton CIC Office... she agreed and I dropped off the docs at 10:30am. She called me again at noon to check if I can still make it to the Oath ceremony at 1:30pm in downtown edmonton and I said OF COURSE... and thanked her numerous times for being so quick and not delaying my file further... I went this afternoon for the Oath and now its all done... so happy to have completed the process.... wishing everyone all the very best with their applications.... this feeling is worth all the wait ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :)

Took me 1 year and 1 month to get my citizenship certificate ...

signing off.... tc )

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tbhutani said:
(Hi,
I had my oath ceremony scheduled for tomorrow i.e. August 25, 2015 and just now got a call from a lady from Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking me not to come tomorrow for the ceremony as they are awaiting a clearance from Immigration regarding conditions I had on my PR Application.

She apologized for the error on their part and asked me to wait for few more weeks. This is so so disappointing.

Wow it sounds like a movie. Congrat anyways.

(I got a call this morning at 7:30am from the same lady who called yesterday and she asked me to send some of my business documents as proof that I have removed the conditions since she still hasn't received a clearance from Immigration Dept. She asked me to mail those documents but I asked her if I can drop them off in person at Edmonton CIC Office... she agreed and I dropped off the docs at 10:30am. She called me again at noon to check if I can still make it to the Oath ceremony at 1:30pm in downtown edmonton and I said OF COURSE... and thanked her numerous times for being so quick and not delaying my file further... I went this afternoon for the Oath and now its all done... so happy to have completed the process.... wishing everyone all the very best with their applications.... this feeling is worth all the wait ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :)

signing off.... tc )

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tbhutani said:
(Hi,

signing off.... tc )

Congratulations i am happy for you
your story is unbelievable :)