+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Hi everyone,
Just a question about the timeline so after I got my AOR now it is showing In Process, so the next will be test/interview invitation or will it show transferred to the Edmonton office prior to the test/interview invitation?

How long does it normally take in average from in process to the invitation for Edmonton's applicants?

Thanks

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dr_majed8835 said:
Hi everyone,
Just a question about the timeline so after I got my AOR now it is showing In Process, so the next will be test/interview invitation or will it show transferred to the Edmonton office prior to the test/interview invitation?

How long does it normally take in average from in process to the invitation for Edmonton's applicants?

Thanks
Local office transfer always happens before test invitation .you can take a look at my timelime and compare it with others to get an average timing .

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Invite for test sent 8/7 for test in Edmonton 8/28.

Family ticked off that CIC will not consider me taking my oath in Calgary. They erroneously believe that once I am approved (after I pass the test) that I am a citizen at that point and actually have a right to take my oath somewhere else. They are not listening to me when I tell them that I am not a citizen until I take the oath and have the certificate in my hand - which they tell me is "not really true since they have made a decision"

arrgh!

I hope that I can take the oath the same day as the test so that I can get this all done with :(

Bittersweet doesn't even remotely describe how this all feels.

Sassy22

Nov 5, 2014
got my oath letter for the 26th august, I had my test june 24th 2015 Edmonton office , applied july 2014 .
hope everyone else get their oath soon.
God bless :)

Sassy22

Nov 5, 2014
got my oath letter for the 26th august, I had my test june 24th 2015 Edmonton office , applied july 2014 .
hope everyone else get their oath soon.
God bless :)
question... they have attached to the letter a "permission release and consent form" do I need to sign that on or before the day of the ceremony? asking permission for the media to take photos? :D

pptm

Aug 16, 2015
I just missed my July 20th exam. Is anyone have experience how long to take Edmonton office to reschedule an new one? Much appreciated.

olying

Sep 15, 2010
pptm said:
I just missed my July 20th exam. Is anyone have experience how long to take Edmonton office to reschedule an new one? Much appreciated.
For me, the second test was scheduled a month after they received my explanation. Good luck.

buzz123

Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any late July test takers here in Edmonton who got invited to take their oath of citizenship. My test was on July 31 and I haven't heard anything yet except for my status being changed to Decision Made.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzz123 said:
Any late July test takers here in Edmonton who got invited to take their oath of citizenship. My test was on July 31 and I haven't heard anything yet except for my status being changed to Decision Made.
I took my test July 21,2015. Check my timeline at the bottom.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzz123 said:

same here test on july 15 and still waiting for oath
so buzz123 all you gotta do is sit tight and wait ;)

edm_AS

Apr 23, 2015
abdul560 said:
same here test on july 15 and still waiting for oath
so buzz123 all you gotta do is sit tight and wait ;)
I am also following you guys,
applied Nov 2014, test July 15 2015, waiting for oath

Edmonton 88

Aug 12, 2015
pongpong said:
Hey guys, how was the test in cic edmonton? Was it easy? My test will be on Aug 31, cic edmonton.
Don't worry it is so easy , but you should real the book and practice test online ... Try to finish the test fast to get your result fast from the CIC agent who Gonna also ask you some questions ... So that's ig :) good luck