+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

tunshah

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
there r no ceremonies scheduled after Aug 27th so I guess we have to wait a long time to get our oath invitations.
may be after the elections in Oct

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Passed test on August 28th (19 out of 20). In the interview, however, The officer got cranky when there was no passport stamps in my passport (for the ONLY trip I made in my 4 year period). She asked me what I did for that trip (fathers memorial) then asked me when he died (and what does when he died have to do with citizenship anyway?). When I told her it was January (I traveled in august - his wishes in his will have a memorial in Summer), she said..." I don't buy it. No stamps and a 'suspect' reason makes this application very doughtful". She also asked me other questions (some of which my wife, a Canadian citizen by birth, ask "what does that have to do with citizenship anyway?") and then told me that she (the officer) will have to do he own contacting of CBSA and I will probably get a letter in two weeks> if no letter, then my oath (and she said "if you're lucky") by January at the least.

I was shocked to hear this officer say these things in light of what the only trip this was for. I applied with 1447 days in 4 years. Can she ding me with an RQ even with this amount of days? I would expect a mini RQ asking FOIA data..but a "doubtful" application over missing stamps???

Depenabill? What are your thoughts?...or anyone else?

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
And just to clarify....The officer also said that she didn't buy my explination about my trip because "having a memorial that long after the death is not normal"

walidraymond

Nov 11, 2014
hi all
I am planning to submit my application on October, my son is six and half years old so he is jointing the school now
my question is: do I have to wait to get his school record to be attached or it is not required since he didn't complete his grade 1??

any body can help pleaseeeeeeee

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
ERJOPA said:
Passed test on August 28th (19 out of 20). In the interview, however, The officer got cranky when there was no passport stamps in my passport (for the ONLY trip I made in my 4 year period). She asked me what I did for that trip (fathers memorial) then asked me when he died (and what does when he died have to do with citizenship anyway?). When I told her it was January (I traveled in august - his wishes in his will have a memorial in Summer), she said..." I don't buy it. No stamps and a 'suspect' reason makes this application very doughtful". She also asked me other questions (some of which my wife, a Canadian citizen by birth, ask "what does that have to do with citizenship anyway?") and then told me that she (the officer) will have to do he own contacting of CBSA and I will probably get a letter in two weeks> if no letter, then my oath (and she said "if you're lucky") by January at the least.

I was shocked to hear this officer say these things in light of what the only trip this was for. I applied with 1447 days in 4 years. Can she ding me with an RQ even with this amount of days? I would expect a mini RQ asking FOIA data..but a "doubtful" application over missing stamps???

Is the officer a black lady with specs ?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ERJOPA said:

hmm interesting and rude! Must be having a bad day or something...
My wife was also missing some stamps from USA coming into Canada but luckily she had a nice officer (male) who took copies of the passport and said he will verify with CBSA. About 3 weeks after the test(last week of august) her status changed to decision made. Now just waiting for the oath invitation.

I would say that once she checks with CBSA and finds the records you should be ok, but if there are missing stamps and nothing to show for it, then she may issue the RQ and ask you to provide documents proving your residency. If you have your boarding passes and the electronic itinerary from then, keep it with you just incase they ask to provide more info...

GOOD LUCK!

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
ERJOPA said:

Did she have all these questions ready for you or you felt it just came up when she saw your passport?
Did you send a copy of your passport before with your original application?

I don't think this will do anything to your application if you didn't go outside the country during the mentioned period, the only thing is it could delay the oath.
Wish you best of luck

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walidraymond said:
hi all
I am planning to submit my application on October, my son is six and half years old so he is jointing the school now
my question is: do I have to wait to get his school record to be attached or it is not required since he didn't complete his grade 1??

We were in a similar situation when we applied last November (son had just started kindergarten). We requested the school to provide a letter confirming enrollment, which they did. We attached that letter with our application.

buzz123

Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tunshah said:
there r no ceremonies scheduled after Aug 27th so I guess we have to wait a long time to get our oath invitations.
may be after the elections in Oct
Tunshah, I don't think they'll skip the whole month of September and only conduct ceremonies after the elections. They'll probably update the site soon.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
walidraymond said:
hi all

You can submit his provincial health claim which means his visit to a doctor or hospital, his vaccination record from the province health service or his dental visits to the dentist could work too. In addition to his school or kindergarten registration confirmation letter.

tunshah

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
FAAMS said:
You can submit his provincial health claim which means his visit to a doctor or hospital, his vaccination record from the province health service or his dental visits to the dentist could work too. In addition to his school or kindergarten registration confirmation letter.
I hope so too but someone on the forum was saying that the minister has to sign the certificate and there are no minister right now (or campaigning) so may be there will be no more ceremonies

acis

Jun 17, 2015
Ohh so I am not alone, what does your status show in Ecas is it in progress or Decision Made. I read in forum that the delays will be longer now due to less number of Oath ceremony.

This wait is insane. I just hope i dont get an RQ after all this waiting.