+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If we could only, thru the Advocates, push them to give an estimate, or some clarity, on how (when) will the backlog be addressed....

They can always say they have this (nearly) useless online test, but when/how will they REALLY address the backlog?
IMO, online tests aren't "(nearly) useless". Things could have been way, way worse if it weren't for the online test and virtual oath during the pandemic. I agree that there is a backlog, especially for oath but the frequency of test invitations have improved orders of magnitude compared to the progress made in late 2020/early 2021. I can see that the number of test invitations being issued have improved over time.

As for the online oath ceremonies, there are some applicants (as late as May 2020) who have received their oath invitations. Oath is the most backlogged segment of the process at this time IMO. If (when) they re-open in-person oath ceremonies AND use both online and in-person modes for oath ceremonies, there is a good chance for the backlog to decrease. Before they can re-open in-person oath ceremonies, the backlog can be reduced (at least a tiny bit) by having multiple ceremonies a day and including more people per ceremony.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictorCA

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
IMO, online tests aren't "(nearly) useless". Things could have been way, way worse if it weren't for the online test and virtual oath during the pandemic. I agree that there is a backlog, especially for oath but the frequency of test invitations have improved orders of magnitude compared to the progress made in late 2020/early 2021. I can see that the number of test invitations being issued have improved over time.

As for the online oath ceremonies, there are some applicants (as late as May 2020) who have received their oath invitations. Oath is the most backlogged segment of the process at this time IMO. If (when) they re-open in-person oath ceremonies AND use both online and in-person modes for oath ceremonies, there is a good chance for the backlog to decrease. Before they can re-open in-person oath ceremonies, the backlog can be reduced (at least a tiny bit) by having multiple ceremonies a day and including more people per ceremony.
What you suggest is very reasonable. But it would require that IRCC officials work a bit more in each day., after goofing off for 18 months. I don't see them jumping at that "offer".

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What you suggest is very reasonable. But it would require that IRCC officials work a bit more in each day., after goofing off for 18 months. I don't see them jumping at that "offer".
Fingers crossed. Let's see if they ramp up the oath invitations like they did with the citizenship test.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
"the number of test invitations being issued have improved over time. "

This ramp up in the frequency of test invitations includes for pre-2020 applicants?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
"the number of test invitations being issued have improved over time. "

This ramp up in the frequency of test invitations includes for pre-2020 applicants?
Somewhat, yes. While there are still several 2019 applications still waiting for a test invitation, I think the frequency has certainly gone up. I don't see 2019 applicants posting too many updates but I have myself updated several entries of test invitations in May and June 2021 (especially for October 2019 applicants).

The majority of the updates that I made were for 2020 applicants.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Somewhat, yes. While there are still several 2019 applications still waiting for a test invitation, I think the frequency has certainly gone up. I don't see 2019 applicants posting too many updates but I have myself updated several entries of test invitations in May and June 2021 (especially for October 2019 applicants).

The majority of the updates that I made were for 2020 applicants.
There is hardly any activity on the forums from 2019 applicants only 2-3, its mostly 2020 or 2021 . I consider the status true for paper applicants

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 12 and 18, 2019
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

while 2020/2021 is different coz they are online. Perhaps that is what the agent meant yesterday when she said u cant compare to those applicant.

Reactions: rubz9911

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
There is hardly any activity on the forums from 2019 applicants only 2-3, its mostly 2020 or 2021 . I consider the status true for paper applicants

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 12 and 18, 2019
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

while 2020/2021 is different coz they are online. Perhaps that is what the agent meant yesterday when she said u cant compare to those applicant.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between May 12 and 18, 2019 is STALE INFORMATION and doesn't appear to be true, IMO. Check the 2019 spreadsheet - Several late 2019 applicants have been scheduled for oath in June and July. That information has been there for at least a couple of months and while the "Update date" shows the current date, the information is anything but updated.

Reactions: VictorCA

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between May 12 and 18, 2019 is STALE INFORMATION and doesn't appear to be true, IMO. Check the 2019 spreadsheet - Several late 2019 applicants have been scheduled for oath in June and July. That information has been there for at least a couple of months and while the "Update date" shows the current date, the information is anything but updated.

well i do see movement in May 2019 applications that means that status is true. I do not disagree with you but at this time anything from IRCC is possible. Guess they are working parallel simultaneously on all applications.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
@rajkamalmohanram

quoting this from an applicant who called the agent

"I had a very similar experience on the phone with a IRCC agent last week. When I asked why there hasn't been any update on my online profile despite the local officer giving me exact dates on when I would see an update, the agent told me that I was worrying too much, that they were still working on applications from May 2019 and as a September 2019 applicant I would have to wait my turn."

This tells me they are actually working on may apps + still trying to figure out why they get pissed off if u ask them as to why 2020 apps are getting oaths and invites.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram

quoting this from an applicant who called the agent

"I had a very similar experience on the phone with a IRCC agent last week. When I asked why there hasn't been any update on my online profile despite the local officer giving me exact dates on when I would see an update, the agent told me that I was worrying too much, that they were still working on applications from May 2019 and as a September 2019 applicant I would have to wait my turn."

This tells me they are actually working on may apps + still trying to figure out why they get pissed off if u ask them as to why 2020 apps are getting oaths and invites.
I saw this post. The agent likely quoted this looking at their own website.

Anyway, I don't want to argue about this, my opinion is that they are working with applications that are all over the place which includes May 2019 applications. Also, IMO, the information on their website is stale as it hasn't been updated for something like 2 months.

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016