+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
An important KPI for them is the "delivery standard" of 80% done within 12 months. They seem to have decided that for 2019 applications it is already too late to look good in terms of performance measurements, but for 2020 applications it still can be done. You will soon hear them tell of how, despite the challenges of covid, they met the standard for 2020 applicants! (They just won't say anything of the buried 2019 applicants.)
so where do we complain ? IRCC is a mafia . You cant go against a mafia.

Reactions: rubz9911

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
We need clear path. Why they tell us the priority is other categories but in the same time processing late 2020 applications? There are people from 2017,2018,2019. This is so scary and depressing, there is no single day passed since 2019 and I dont login to my account to check status or think about the next steps. It is exhausting us, stress, physical illness, mental exhaustion. Enough. In middle of pandemic and uncertainty.

We need clear backlog. First in first processing.
CLEAR-THE-BACKLOG

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
We need clear path. Why they tell us the priority is other categories but in the same time processing late 2020 applications? There are people from 2017,2018,2019. This is so scary and depressing, there is no single day passed since 2019 and I dont login to my account to check status or think about the next steps. It is exhausting us, stress, physical illness, mental exhaustion. Enough. In middle of pandemic and uncertainty.

CLEAR-THE-BACKLOG
You have reached IRCC ,The number you have dialed is completely out of service, due to novel coronavirus We are prioritizing scam calls.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015

CLEAR-THE-BACKLOG
I think the request is simple there is a line up for applicants and all routine and non urgent applications shall be processed by date received by IRCC. Clearly that’s not the case because IRCC want to meet the service delivery and do not care about the applicants. We recently even see Jan and Feb 2021 applicants receiving test invites from the same offices where many old applicants still waiting for an invite. I think rather than complaining here we should do our part. I suggest for the first step we pick up the phone today and call Nicholas Keung at TororntoStar (416-869-4577) and see if he has any update on his recent published article regarding the delays. We raise our concern about the issue. I think the proof is easy to be obtained by Torontostar. We can suggest them to order an ATIP note to get the stats of applicants by month, % received test invite, % urgent applicant in each month. This can be done for a big office like Scarborough and clearly shows that something is wrong. I think this is the least thing that we can do. Let’s pick up the phone and call him regrading the recent article published on the delays in June and raise our concern.

Reactions: MrChazz

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I think the request is simple there is a line up for applicants and all routine and non urgent applications shall be processed by date received by IRCC. Clearly that’s not the case because IRCC want to meet the service delivery and do not care about the applicants. We recently even see Jan and Feb 2021 applicants receiving test invites from the same offices where many old applicants still waiting for an invite. I think rather than complaining here we should do our part. I suggest for the first step we pick up the phone today and call Nicholas Keung at TororntoStar (416-869-4577) and see if he has any update on his recent published article regarding the delays. We raise our concern about the issue. I think the proof is easy to be obtained by Torontostar. We can suggest them to order an ATIP note to get the stats of applicants by month, % received test invite, % urgent applicant in each month. This can be done for a big office like Scarborough and clearly shows that something is wrong. I think this is the least thing that we can do. Let’s pick up the phone and call him regrading the recent article published on the delays in June and raise our concern.
dont forget montreal office too .

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
I sent him an email 2 months ago and he did nothing.

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
We have to do something , webforms/MP/calling IRCC are useless. :(
Webforms, MP, Calling IRCC, message to minister, message to PM , message to news channels , if everything is useless then what other options do we have ? The only option is contacting Amnesty or some human rights or US Government to give a poke to Canadian government to speed up citizenship.
One order from USA made Canada open its borders to US citizens lol

Reactions: rubz9911

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Webforms, MP, Calling IRCC, message to minister, message to PM , message to news channels , if everything is useless then what other options do we have ? The only option is contacting Amnesty or some human rights or US Government to give a poke to Canadian government to speed up citizenship.
One order from USA made Canada open its borders to US citizens lol
I know man, I am moving to USA :D