+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Nop , they are ignoring 2018/2019 because they are all paper applicants. Most of IRCC staff is working from home hence 2020/2021 moving faster. With Delta and Delta plus variant making waves I see a very bleak future ahead for 2018/2019 applicants unless a very very strong message is given to IRCC.
Oh boy! But my friends of Feb-2020, they also sent paper applications, how come they are getting invites, when they are just like 2019 paper applications?

and also I guess other countries might follow Singapore plan to start living with it. There will be variants every season/year going forward.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-singapores-surprising-new-plan-to-live-with-virus/EKXDOTWZYMUGFRRMF553CH2T5U/

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Oh boy! But my friends of Feb-2020, they also sent paper applications, how come they are getting invites, when they are just like 2019 paper applications?

and also I guess other countries might follow Singapore plan to start living with it. There will be variants every season/year going forward.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-singapores-surprising-new-plan-to-live-with-virus/EKXDOTWZYMUGFRRMF553CH2T5U/
Consider them lucky . In fall it will be delta and in winter its going to Beta and Spring its going to be Alpha

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
That makes it even more strange the fact that 2020 applications are moving far faster than those of 2019.
Not at all if you think about it, with 2020 applications they can still meet their goal of processing 80% of applicants in 1 or 1.5 year that is why they are pushing and we are seeing more and more test invites.. Oath , sad to say but there is no way they can meet that goal with 2018/2019 applications and yes it's not fair.

Reactions: Flandernss
Dec 4, 2020
I just re-read my post, and I can see how it could come across as passive-aggressive, so I apologize! What I was trying to say is that when it comes to withdrawing a paper application to re-apply online, your case was likely unique since you applied for urgent processing, which the majority of us can't justify. I definitely thought about re-applying online, especially when I saw December 2020 applicants becoming citizens in like 3-4 months, but ultimately decided against it. I took my test earlier this month, and now I can only hope that it won't be another 8 months of silence from IRCC :(
All good. At the end of the day, we are all here trying to help each other by speculating from the information we receive or the experience we have had. And that's true, it's not easy to choose but if you have completed test, it definitely is pointless. Hopefully you get a decision soon!

Reactions: VictorCA
Dec 4, 2020
"and given IRCC'S history of moving on with issues they can't deal with "

What is the history? Will my application take 3 years?
I think a decade or so ago they decided to dump a bunch of PR applications and asked people to reapply. Probably not 3 yrs but a year maybe who knows. Lol.
I also feel like there would be a major push fairly soon here and the majority of backlog will be cleared before end of year or early next year.

Dec 4, 2020
Say from your experiece , your eligibility is in progress and then they transfer your file for clearances even though your background is complete. What do u think, what clearances could they be ?
Not entirely sure but I have noticed sometimes Sydney will apply a "batch update" to applications even if they have been transferred to local offices which could possibly trigger that. The file might actually just require someone to manually change it back to completed?
That's my best guess.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Not entirely sure but I have noticed sometimes Sydney will apply a "batch update" to applications even if they have been transferred to local offices which could possibly trigger that. The file might actually just require someone to manually change it back to completed?
That's my best guess.
Nop the file is sitting in the registry at the local office but the app status reason says - TFR- Clearances ( transferred for clearances). It is stil at the local office. so what clearances could it be ?:rolleyes:

Dec 4, 2020
Nop the file is sitting in the registry at the local office but the app status reason says - TFR- Clearances ( transferred for clearances). It is stil at the local office. so what clearances could it be ?:rolleyes:
If you have the notes, follow the Paper File History or Application trail and carefully look at every status change. You might find the answer you are looking nfor.

Reactions: luvtrump

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
So back to the topic of this thread.....apart from writing to our MPs and using the Twitter hashtag, what else we could be doing? The OP mentioned this regarding the spousal sponsorship group:

They held simultaneous protests in front of several IRCC offices across the country, in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Edmonton.

I'm fairly certain we can't discuss something like that in this forum, though. Would it be against the rules if we were to talk about peaceful demonstrations? I'm just not sure what else we can do at this point :(

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
So back to the topic of this thread.....apart from writing to our MPs and using the Twitter hashtag, what else we could be doing? The OP mentioned this regarding the spousal sponsorship group:

They held simultaneous protests in front of several IRCC offices across the country, in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Edmonton.

I'm fairly certain we can't discuss something like that in this forum, though. Would it be against the rules if we were to talk about peaceful demonstrations? I'm just not sure what else we can do at this point :(
The "advocates" Facebook group had been leading this. They should know what can be done at this point.

Did the protests help the spouses? There were some protests starting to happen for "citizens" (I think that's what we are?) and it also coincided with the online test program launch. Maybe protests then do help (it is all about PR)?