+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

ghodubaba

Nov 20, 2019
With cases going insanely up, don't think they will do tests in near future. Looks like it will be delayed for another 6 months or so

Parnian1988

Jun 3, 2019
Toronto
I
Below is template that was posted before:

Dear [insert MP name here],

Hoping this letter finds you well. I am a Permenant Resident of Canada, residing in the borough of [xx]. I have submitted an application for Canadian Citizenship this past [insert month here] and am currently waiting on any news.

I am only one person of countless other individuals who have applied for citizenship and have not had any news since January 2020. Of course, we all understand the detrimental effect COVID-19 has caused in all aspects of life. In no way would we want our government workers to be in harm’s way because of the virus. We do, however, believe that we have at least the right to know what to expect for our application and to obtain more information. IRCC’s website has so far failed to provide any useful information for applicants other than “We are accepting new applications” and “all citizenship in-person events are cancelled”.

I am sure that IRCC agents have been overwhelmed with calls from anxious applicants. To that end, might it not be possible for IRCC to release a statement with the following information:

- Describing (preferably in numbers and figures) the size and amount of backlog currently facing citizenship applications.

- Estimating a timeline for AORs.

- Detailing the procedure they are following to process applications in the current circumstances.

- Giving any foreseeable plan of resuming citizenship tests and interviews, similar to what was done for oath ceremonies.

I think that receiving some concrete information will bring peace of mind for applicants, enhancing trust and transparency between them and the government.

Thank you very much for your time,
Thank you. I emailed my MPP just now with this template. It is just a stone but I’m hoping If enough people email their MPP it’ll start a wave.

gracealways

Feb 4, 2019
This is some information I got from a Telegram citizenship group. A lady whose test was cancelled on March ,had requested for an emergency process. This is the answer she received yesterday:

In-person citizenship events won't be available anytime soon.
please confirm if you still have an urgent need to obtain Canadian citizenship and if your reason falls within the following criteria:
§ employment
§ attendance at school or other studies
§ request under compassionate grounds
§ health reasons (illness)
§ essential travel outside Canada
If you have one of these criteria, an officer will contact you on October for the next processes.
please which email did she use, all emails keep bouncing back

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
I sent out an email asking for an update about the test . I got a reply today saying implementation of online testing delayed .There was another person on Facebook saying in Quebec testing was to have started but the premier asked for it to be move to end of October. Thanks

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I sent out an email asking for an update about the test . I got a reply today saying implementation of online testing delayed .There was another person on Facebook saying in Quebec testing was to have started but the premier asked for it to be move to end of October. Thanks
Don't worry, your misinformation efforts with fake news are in vain ... People are getting organized elsewhere (Unfortunately not allowed in this platform)

For this is what you say, my only answer (as long as you don't bring an official source) will be the same as that of our friend @Lex2019 :

No one on this forum has received any invites yet. Just relax. News on what's happened to a friend of a friend's nieghbour's niece is just BS.
I'm guessing no one's sacrificing their Saturday for an outing with a good cause to try and raise awareness on the necessity to resume tests either online or in-person? The theme seems to have died out.
P.S. I can tell you 100% that my classmate's best friend's dog has 7 legs. Can you believe that? 100% guaranteed! ;)

Reactions: Parnian1988

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is some information I got from a Telegram citizenship group. A lady whose test was cancelled on March ,had requested for an emergency process. This is the answer she received yesterday:

In-person citizenship events won't be available anytime soon.
please confirm if you still have an urgent need to obtain Canadian citizenship and if your reason falls within the following criteria:
§ employment
§ attendance at school or other studies
§ request under compassionate grounds
§ health reasons (illness)
§ essential travel outside Canada
If you have one of these criteria, an officer will contact you on October for the next processes.
Pls share the screenshot.

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Pls share the screenshot.
Sorry i do not have time for that . You don't have to believe what i wrote . I have only shared my own experience . People should just learn to ignore and walk pass the post if they 're not okay with it . Cheers

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry i do not have time for that . You don't have to believe what i wrote . I have only shared my own experience . People should just learn to ignore and walk pass the post if they 're not okay with it . Cheers
I trust you... Please do share your oath pictures..
Thanks

sandhu111

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-8-2016
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
3-8-2016
IELTS Request
sent at the time of file submit
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
That would definiately happen I can only speak for myself . Thank you .
Wow you joined on October 2 Nd and bringing test news sorry but can’t trust you