+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Who is the minister that we can point our questions to regarding the citizenship tests? A statement from the ministry will help a lot of people who are getting a little bit anxious...

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
If they are unable to handle all this intake, they should freeze skilled labor immigration for a year, redirect resources to sort out PR renewals and citizenship and once things are under control ramp up the immigration process.

There is no point for economic immigration anyway for the next several months when there is unemployment everywhere. I don't understand the point in adding 100K+ immigrants every year if they don't have the capability to deal with it moving forward due to the pandemic.

Dani-N

Dec 13, 2019
Liberals they are joking and worst than conservative trying control our mind, scared Us conservative Immgration policy’s, they are big liar,the processing time during Harper era please check the CIC archive YOU CAN SEE THE TRUTH, let’s free our mind Long life conservatives

Last edited:

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
My kids are going back to school, from 9 AM to 3 PM , 5 days a week, with 25+ students in the class , wearing masks, for the whole school year,
and I cannot sit on a chair to take a 30 min. test, for one time in my whole life.
Yes, this is happening in CANADA

Last edited:
Reactions: ravi12

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
There will be a confidence vote next month, in September.

This means a risk that the Liberal government will fall = Serious risk that the conservatives will gain majority power = They change the immigration law = our files will be returned, and all new applications interrupted.

This is a very possible and very achievable scenario that we are heading towards, it is not science fiction ... Do not come and complain or cry when it is too late!

Extract:

Bloc Québécois Leader Yves-François Blanchet said prorogation will mean Trudeau is exposing himself to a confidence vote in the House of Commons when MPs vote on the throne speech.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-morneau-justin-trudeau-analysis-1.5690253
"If it does not contain what it must contain, he will simply not survive a vote on his speech from the throne," he said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-government-trudeau-prorogue-government-1.5690515

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
There will be a confidence vote next month, in September.

This means a risk that the Liberal government will fall = Serious risk that the conservatives will gain majority power = They change the immigration law = our files will be returned, and all new applications interrupted.

This is a very possible and very achievable scenario that we are heading towards, it is not science fiction ... Do not come and complain or cry when it is too late!

Extract:

Bloc Québécois Leader Yves-François Blanchet said prorogation will mean Trudeau is exposing himself to a confidence vote in the House of Commons when MPs vote on the throne speech.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-morneau-justin-trudeau-analysis-1.5690253
"If it does not contain what it must contain, he will simply not survive a vote on his speech from the throne," he said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-government-trudeau-prorogue-government-1.5690515
The part about the "files being returned" didn't happen with C24...

Reactions: harirajmohan

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
so what are we all doing about the endless delays in Citizenship applications and the indefinite cancellation of the Citizenship Exam until further notice? looks like this is gonna go forever... any thoughts?
What can we do?

Message strategic MPs? Write blog posts?

Most people believe we are "just" immigrants anyway. Would anybody know if the exam could be legally abolished temporarily? I don't think this silly test existed just 10 years ago. That would be a good argument.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
What can we do?

Message strategic MPs? Write blog posts?

Most people believe we are "just" immigrants anyway. Would anybody know if the exam could be legally abolished temporarily? I don't think this silly test existed just 10 years ago. That would be a good argument.
The Citizenship Act makes it an obligation to show an "adequate knowledge of Canada" to be eligible for the canadian citizenship. My understanding is that there has to be some sort of test, not necessarily the one we're referring to (after all, people who fail it twice can still become citizens if they show that adequate knowledge during an oral test), but some sort of test anyway. Removing it altogether is not going to happen, and even if the citizenship act was ti be amended, it would finish the legislative process when we're in a post-pandemic world (fingers crossed!).

The test also did exist 10 years ago, the only change in the past 10 years was the conservatives raising the bar from 60% correct answers to 75, a change the liberals kept.

Reactions: harirajmohan

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Completely agree with OP, we need to contact our local MPs to have CIC speed up their processes.

Reactions: Flandernss

abhy123

Feb 26, 2016
I believe contacting MPs is of no use..... I contacted by MP office and all they have to say is "immigration is waiting for clearance from Health Canada" to conduct test.
I am march 2019 applicant and in process since July 2019.
RBC report says Citizenship application processing has been slowed by 67% and Permanent Resident application processing has been slowed by 80% and this backlog could last for several months.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7288387/canada-immigration-coronavirus-rbc/
While we are thinking how to be vocal, Canada's immigration minister is more worried about the Climate change initiative than to restart the immigration department.
https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/news/2020/08/government-of-canada-supports-innovative-climate-action-by-the-city-of-toronto.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most people lives are not dramtically changed by having to wait for citizenship. You'll need to show how it is negatively affecting people in Canada and who are planning on remaining in Canada for it to be effective lobbying. If you want your citizenship to be able to get a visa to go to the US for example you won't get a lot of sympathy.

Reactions: Coco7 and bellaluna