+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
so what are we all doing about the endless delays in Citizenship applications and the indefinite cancellation of the Citizenship Exam until further notice? looks like this is gonna go forever... any thoughts?
I suggest doing like the spousal sponsors awaiting treatment who sat in front of IRCC CIC offices in several cities simultaneously, while contacting the press to make it visible.

Maybe silent sitting, with posters, and Canadian flags of all shapes ...

This is the only thing that will be very effective .... Otherwise, we will have to wait a long time. Years probably.

Reactions: tazbed

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I suggest doing like the spousal sponsors awaiting treatment who sat in front of IRCC CIC offices in several cities simultaneously, while contacting the press to make it visible.

Maybe silent sitting, with posters, and Canadian flags of all shapes ...

This is the only thing that will be very effective .... Otherwise, we will have to wait a long time. Years probably.

I am not really sure how feasible this solution is. how can this be arranged? how can all people affected by this be contacted and organized to take such an action? any thoughts?

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I am not really sure how feasible this solution is. how can this be arranged? how can all people affected by this be contacted and organized to take such an action? any thoughts?
You can :
- Contact your federal deputy.
- Call IRCC CIC often on the phone to express your dissatisfaction.
- Send an email to the Prime Minister's office.

There is also an online petition going around asking for a restart of the citizenship tests, but unfortunately the rules of this forum prevent sharing it, I already tried and they deleted it immediately.

Reactions: Dana.D

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
In the end, I think that despite everything, if we don't do something more visible, we will remain in the drawers for years to come.

The union of federal government employees is overpowered ... They would be able to demand a daily rate of zero covid infection to consider restarting the tests in person ... In short, I am very pessimistic, and you will be right. be too.

Reactions: tazbed and Dana.D

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the end, I think that despite everything, if we don't do something more visible, we will remain in the drawers for years to come.

The union of federal government employees is overpowered ... They would be able to demand a daily rate of zero covid infection to consider restarting the tests in person ... In short, I am very pessimistic, and you will be right. be too.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

We can also leave a feedback using the link above.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Even if the conservative governments came , changing the citizenship law won't be their priority! even if they want to do, it's a long process, going through it takes over one year! and it won't apply to those applied before changing the law

The disaster scenario seems to be confirmed ... If this government falls and a majority conservative government replaces it, we will be able to wait for years and years more, maybe even see our requests canceled if they change the law .
r
The disaster scenario seems to be confirmed ... If this government falls and a majority conservative government replaces it, we will be able to wait for years and years more, maybe even see our requests canceled if they change the law .

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
I read the different exchanges in this topic ...

This deadlock is really worrying ... We don't know where we're going, and it's normal to be afraid of the unknown ...

I think it is normal and legitimate to exert pressures, to at least have some clarifications from the ministry ...

My business never closed during the entire pandemic ... And I see that recently everything is picking up, even some leisure facilities ... So why not immigration and citizenship tests, with all the security measures, well sure !? Just asking ??
money,,,
many people, once arrive to Canada, ask for help instead of work

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
Yeah I do think the lack of updates/clarification from IRCC about how they plan to continue citizenship tests is what contributes to the fear/anxiety. I really hope we hear something from them within the next few weeks.
One thing that is really bewildering is that strip clubs and bars in Toronto (one of the hotspot cities) are apparently now open? But no updates from IRCC about tests.

As for the We Charity scandal, it looks like Bill Morneau stepped down so I don't think (or hope) there will be a fall election.

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Hmm... not sure what to say, other than your suspicion is ill-founded. Just so we're clear, the reason I intend not to engage any further is (a) neither of us is going to persuade the other, (b) I work 70-80 hours a week. I value my time, and hopefully so do you. I also work in a field where distilling enormous complexity and getting to the point succinctly with CEO-level executives matters a great deal. So pardon my impatience. I stand by what I said. Peace.

Suspected as much.

Frankly, the narcissistic bubble approach is not at all surprising. Unfortunately those who willfully wallow in ignorance, and are proud to proclaim they are unwilling to so much as consider contrary views, pose the far greater threat to freedom, the rule of law, and preserving a just society.

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Hi guys ,hopefully you still have nerves:confused: ...I would not like you get citizenship and to finish next day in some mental clinic :p... We are all in this together and really I was sorry when I read that some applications was returned due to missing photos after few months waiting, also I couldn't sit and make my nails great again ‍:eek: while you getting mad and crazy ...every day I see there is more and more frustrated people here so instead of writing stupid comments I have done something more stupid :) and wrote message to premier of Ontario ( province where I am) on their official website and let them know that thousands people waiting on citizenship test just few hundreds are here on this forum and they getting nervous and desperate so I pleased them to do something urgently ( with safety measurements) and to speed up whole process of getting citizenship. Also I copied link of this forum and sent it in my message.
I believe they already know all that but you know maybe it will helpful and beneficial for all of us,at least I tried.

Reactions: fr72

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Hi guys ,hopefully you still have nerves:confused: ...I would not like you get citizenship and to finish next day in some mental clinic :p... We are all in this together and really I was sorry when I read that some applications was returned due to missing photos after few months waiting, also I couldn't sit and make my nails great again ‍:eek: while you getting mad and crazy ...every day I see there is more and more frustrated people here so instead of writing stupid comments I have done something more stupid :) and wrote message to premier of Ontario ( province where I am) on their official website and let them know that thousands people waiting on citizenship test just few hundreds are here on this forum and they getting nervous and desperate so I pleased them to do something urgently ( with safety measurements) and to speed up whole process of getting citizenship. Also I copied link of this forum and sent it in my message.
I believe they already know all that but you know maybe it will helpful and beneficial for all of us,at least I tried.
Immigration is a Federal matter. Please send that to your MP or a Federal minister. Ford cannot do anything about this.

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
I sent them Ecas inquiry twice.

First in June-they replied saying everything is ok on my file & we are working on your file.

I sent 2nd Ecas inquiry last week and they replied and asked more info on my file.(like my middle name,UCI number ,date applied).I know they have got all their details and in my both ECAS inquiry,I had provided name,UCI and everything but failed to understand what is their ask.

Dont know why but seems like they are just buying some time