+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Aa. Arv

Jul 5, 2020

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe the fact that Australia has a lower infection and death rate than Canada means that they can move forward with citizenship processes.

As mentioned before cannot quote what one countries policy is versus another, interesting reading but that’s all

Aa. Arv

Jul 5, 2020
Maybe the fact that Australia has a lower infection and death rate than Canada means that they can move forward with citizenship processes.

As mentioned before cannot quote what one countries policy is versus another, interesting reading but that’s all
As you can see in the following website, active cases of Corona in Australia today are 5077 cases and in Canada active cases are 4680 cases.
So Corona number is not the reason.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Reactions: SeanTor

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
It is all politics. Liberals want to delay application to limits new voters for next election because they know that new Canadians will vote against them.

Last edited:

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
It is all politics. Liberals want to delay application to limits new voters for next election because they know that new Canadians will vote against them.
We are sick and tierd from this negativity , you and few people are turning useful forum like this one to negativity spreader, nagging and making people anxious. Stop right there and please spread good news and progress instead of your opinion.

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
I am sure CIC is examining possible ways of testing people but they need to find a way where they can guarantee that people aren’t cheating on the tests. Not as easy as you think. It took a bit of time to get started but they did start the virtual hearings. For the majority of people in Canada citizenship versus PR won’t affect their daily lives so other things are being/were prioritized.
It is not a test to develop a rocket and it doesn’t hit the target and others will be destroyed. They are doing nothing and they were all laid off and relaxing whiles getting thier payment.

Reactions: piotrqc

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
You are just focusing on people cheating! This is a citizenship test not a rocket development. I dnt know what you are trying to say?
Do not pay attention to comments like this, it is wasting energy unnecessarily.

They will continue to talk about cheating (what they really want to imply: that foreigners are cheaters), that we must be patient and be done, consider ourselves happy to be here in Canada and to be silent, that talking and making noise and altering the media is useless, etc ... Everything to discourage you and make you lose patience, and especially to make you accept the accomplished fact, that is to say a wait that will last for years and for years to come.

The situation is serious and serious, the coursse for the leadersship of the Conservative Party of Canada is being done today, and it has been marked by extraordinary enthusiasm. Lots of new members, and a record number of votes.

I'm not inventing anything, read this press article:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-leadership-race-votes-1.5696640

Quote from article :

'' The race to crown Andrew Scheer's successor as leader of the Conservative Party of Canada will come to an end tonight following an unprecedented contest that saw a record number of votes cast despite a nationwide public health crisis. ''

I remind you that a vote of confidence will be taken next month, that means a REAL AND SERIOUS risk that the Liberal government will fall, and that it will be replaced by a majority Conservative government.

Finally, for what they say that revising the immigration law retroactively is not possible, I would say it is a speculation to be nice, but rather a false claim.

In another life I was a lawyer in my country of origin.

I know an elementary thing in the notions of law: The notion of non-retroactivity of laws and new regulations is not very common in countries adopting an adopted Common law system (this is the case of Canada).

In other countries, on the other hand, Civil law (France, for example), the principle of non-retroactivity of the law is even written “de jure” in black and white in legal texts.

This is NOT the case in Canada ... And precedents for changes in laws and regulations (and referrals of files because they thereby become '' obsolete and caduque '') exist.

Several examples can be cited at the provincial or federal level, the most recent of which is that of Quebec, which threw thousands of files in the trash.

In short, no one can blame us for being worried ... It's legitimate and a normal human feeling ... And supported by the evidence in this case.

I still think we have to make some noise before it's too late ...

Pss: I think it is absolutely necessary to ask for the reinstatement of tests in person with distancing measures, for two main reasons:

- Racists and people opposed to the naturalization of people will no longer be able to invoke the "cheating" argument.
- The pace of testing will likely be faster and more productive with in-person distancing measures. Less risk of bug, bad connection, etc ...

Last edited:

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
We are sick and tierd from this negativity , you and few people are turning useful forum like this one to negativity spreader, nagging and making people anxious. Stop right there and please spread good news and progress instead of your opinion.
I been on this situation before. It was 2005 when our FSW application started to halted completely. It took 8 years before we received our application refund. Though it was Conservative government under Immigration Tsar Jason Kenney. Majority of application returned came from India.
I applied Dec. 2004 and CIC made the decision on Feb 2008 to returned our application for good.. Its been 3 agony years of waiting for nothing.
Pls click this link.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/update-returns-federal-skilled-worker-applicants-affected-backlog-elimination.html
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/justin-trudeau-is-the-new-pm-of-canada-what-are-the-implications.365384/page-6#post-4738937

But of course this is a far cry to happen to our Citizenship application. IRCC still find ways for solution of backlog because of Covid thing and how to speed up our application. We don't know. All is written here are all speculation and their own opinion.

Patience of Patience

Last edited:

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
I been on this situation before. It was 2005 when our FSW application started to halted completely. It took 8 years before we received our application refund. Though it was Conservative government under Immigration Tsar Jason Kenney. Majority of application returned came from India.
I applied Dec. 2004 and CIC made the decision on Feb 2008 to returned our application for good.. Its been 3 agony years of waiting for nothing.
Pls click this link.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/update-returns-federal-skilled-worker-applicants-affected-backlog-elimination.html
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/justin-trudeau-is-the-new-pm-of-canada-what-are-the-implications.365384/page-6#post-4738937

But of course this is a far cry to happen to our Citizenship application. IRCC still find ways for solution of backlog because of Covid thing and how to speed up our application. We don't know. All is written here are all speculation and their own opinion.

Patience of Patience
Lets bring positive energy, I really hope we all can get our file processed. Lets not spread panic here and this is pretty much obvious.

if there is no real official news about our 2019/2020 applications to be returned please let us not cuase pain to other people by spreading such news.

its sad to see the links you shared, it’s unfortunate.
this is new decade, lets hope things will get better not worst.

Reactions: Nebm31

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Lets bring positive energy, I really hope we all can get our file processed. Lets not spread panic here and this is pretty much obvious.

if there is no real official news about our 2019/2020 applications to be returned please let us not cuase pain to other people by spreading such news.

its sad to see the links you shared, it’s unfortunate.
this is new decade, lets hope things will get better not worst.
Hope ? ... Unfortunately just hope and '' wait and see '', passivity in general does not regulate anything at all ...

You have to act and make noise, complain ... And the least thing, the minimum is to fill out a complaint on the official complaint form of the IRCC website, here :

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx