+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
You think they aren’t doing anything right now and are just passively waiting for our noises before they start reasoning and implementing? Geez!! Do your bit, go and protest if you want but recognize you are still in for a long wait for new measures/processes to be implemented.
Yes, that is what I think. I see no evidence to the contrary. I recognize it will be a long process, but I know it will be much longer if they receive no feedback.

Reactions: prash42 and piotrqc

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Sorry to burst your bubble but if you were IRCC boss in this covid-period and you had to address 3 important issues in order of priority and economic importance, which would you focus on first?: study permit, family reunification or citizenship? Which would be more important to tackle head on first (note all have serious backlogs).
I would hire and train massively for simpler administrative functions, and promote experienced employees to positions of greater decision making authority. If we can get even a few thousand people off CERB and working productively for the government, that is an improved use of government dollars.

And rationalize processes dramatically. Even amid crises, a good boss sees opportunities to make fundamental / long-lasting / worth while changes. Plenty of other industries are being forced to adapt rapidly. Don't see why IRCC should be immune.

May be IRCC is already doing some of these things. In which case, greater transparency and communication will help. Absent that, people are going to make assumptions, rightly or wrongly.

Reactions: hotshot45890

Ladymarie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
I would hire and train massively for simpler administrative functions, and promote experienced employees to positions of greater decision making authority. If we can get even a few thousand people off CERB and working productively for the government, that is an improved use of government dollars.

And rationalize processes dramatically. Even amid crises, a good boss sees opportunities to make fundamental / long-lasting / worth while changes. Plenty of other industries are being forced to adapt rapidly. Don't see why IRCC should be immune.

May be IRCC is already doing some of these things. In which case, greater transparency and communication will help. Absent that, people are going to make assumptions, rightly or wrongly.
Good bosses prioritize and technically, you didn’t respond to my question.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Good bosses prioritize and technically, you didn’t respond to my question.
Please, stop polluting this thread with your off topics. It doesn't help anyone.

Say something constructive (we can dream lol ... I almost want to think that you have somebody's interest in destabilizing us and making us forget the essential: make noise and have more visibility), or go spit your venom elsewhere, PLEASE !

For others, please ... Let’s no longer fall into their traps! ... As far as I am concerned, I would no longer respond to the provocations of these negative people, who try to discourage us with counterproductive remarks and not useful for us ... And who are quite simply OFF SUBJECT. Let's be smarter than them, I suggest not to answer them anymore.

The freedoms of speech, expression, and assembly are guaranteed by the supreme law of the country, the charter (or constitution). End of the story. Nothing more to add. We should not dwell on these procedural flaws as the lawyers say.

Ladymarie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Please, stop polluting this thread with your off topics. It doesn't help anyone.

Say something constructive (we can dream lol ... I almost want to think that you have somebody's interest in destabilizing us and making us forget the essential: make noise and have more visibility), or go spit your venom elsewhere, PLEASE !

For others, please ... Let’s no longer fall into their traps! ... As far as I am concerned, I would no longer respond to the provocations of these negative people, who try to discourage us with counterproductive remarks and not useful for us ... And who are quite simply OFF SUBJECT. Let's be smarter than them, I suggest not to answer them anymore.

The freedoms of speech, expression, and assembly are guaranteed by the supreme law of the country, the charter (or constitution). End of the story. Nothing more to add. We should not dwell on these procedural flaws as the lawyers say.
Polluting and destabilizing are big words From d person who wants everyone to take up actions against IRCC. Off subject because it doesn’t fit your lopsided narrative. News flash, being able to apply for citizenship means you are already a PR while family reunification are yet to get PRs. Furthermore, we all know how much International students contribute to this economy which is what’s greatly needed towards reducing the covid deficit. Whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, study permit and family reunifications are priority over citizenship apps right now. However, you can choose to picket, scream, go into your lil world, and do whatever you wish but note you still have to wait for the new measures to be effected. More laughable are those asking for tests to be eliminated like study and family reuni. have eliminated important requirements in their processes. Be careful you don’t come across as being inconsiderate of others who are yet to even get permanent residence in Canada. Am sure IRCC are working hard at pleasing everyone but unfortunately, they aren’t ice cream and so can’t be sweet to everyone. All in all, and at tail end, you are going to have to WAIT PATIENTLY period! FYI: am also exhibiting my freedom of speech and opinion but with realism and common sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coco7

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
Polluting and destabilizing are big words From d person who wants everyone to take up actions against IRCC. Off subject because it doesn’t fit your lopsided narrative. News flash, being able to apply for citizenship means you are already a PR while family reunification are yet to get PRs. Furthermore, we all know how much International students contribute to this economy which is what’s greatly needed towards reducing the covid deficit. Whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, study permit and family reunifications are priority over citizenship apps right now. However, you can choose to picket, scream, go into your lil world, and do whatever you wish but note you still have to wait for the new measures to be effected. More laughable are those asking for tests to be eliminated like study and family reuni. have eliminated important requirements in their processes. Be careful you don’t come across as being inconsiderate of others who are yet to even get permanent residence in Canada. Am sure IRCC are working hard at pleasing everyone but unfortunately, they aren’t ice cream and so can’t be sweet to everyone. All in all, and at tail end, you are going to have to WAIT PATIENTLY period! FYI: am also exhibiting my freedom of speech and opinion but with realism and common sense.

Can we all agree to disagree, those who want to assemble or make some noise, all the power to you in your ventures, may the odds be in your favour. If people so feel inclined to join OP in his/her crusade who are we to try to deter them. However, those you want to wait patiently, can wait and may the odds be in your favour. It just feels like 3 pages of constant back and forth here and I don't get the main objective is. Obviously either side isn't convincing the other to change their stance. These passionate argumentative essays aren't going to do much apart from maybe help blow off some steam? People have divergent opinions on how to deal with this and we're just going to have to respect that. I don't understand why this is devolving into people trying to convince others to do or not do X,Y and Z.

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
100% agree here, regardless of direction, more transparency in the whole process and their plan of action would greatly help alleviate unnecessary anxiety, though this goes for all types as applications as well. Albeit I think we feel it the worse since citizenship takes so much longer compared to study permits or PR now.

Ladymarie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Can we all agree to disagree, those who want to assemble or make some noise, all the power to you in your ventures, may the odds be in your favour. If people so feel inclined to join OP in his/her crusade who are we to try to deter them. However, those you want to wait patiently, can wait and may the odds be in your favour. It just feels like 3 pages of constant back and forth here and I don't get the main objective is. Obviously either side isn't convincing the other to change their stance. These passionate argumentative essays aren't going to do much apart from maybe help blow off some steam? People have divergent opinions on how to deal with this and we're just going to have to respect that. I don't understand why this is devolving into people trying to convince others to do or not do X,Y and Z.
Totally agree esp to your last sentence. Trying to create paranoia by the mere title of this thread (“years”) is an irritating overture. Do you (thread starter) as others are doing but don’t push ya paranoia on others with baseless assumptions. You can’t force everyone to run amok with threads as this one. It only creates more anxiety and frustrations to the various forum users. So go do you while others who choose to wait it out do so. It’s a big world and surely Canada is biggg enough!

Reactions: Coco7

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I highly doubt that the delay we have with having online tests is about cheating, it has more to do with the lack of proficiency of IRCC. There are dozens of companies out there that can arrange for these kinds of online tests to ensure no cheating happens: video cam, regular screenshots of the screen, etc. They keep talking about finding a solution, but that means nothing if no actual initiatives were taken such as posting a message saying we partnered with this company or that company to setup online testing. Online tests are done all around the globe every single day for the last 10 years.

alaapshah347

Oct 13, 2015
My photographer of the citizenship photo has put a stamp in back of the photo where there is a field ' Guarantor's signature'. What is this? Is it my signature ? I cant really understand stand what it stands for! Please help with your prudent advice.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
My 2 cents on the topic. If 90% of the economy is back to work then so should IRCC employees. We are working and paying taxes in this environment which are going in their salaries. On top, paying heavy fees as well. Cant understand the privileges of IRCC unionized employees. They should get back to work ASAP and no excuses, like the rest of us.