+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
The slow moving Govt, good to see acted quickly after the article in newspaper and tweets.

I will vote JT once I get my citizenship.

Reactions: fr72

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
The limited services being offered as of September 21, 2020, include the following:

Citizenship:
  • Vancouver Expo will be reopening for limited citizenship-related services, including citizenship knowledge re-testing and citizenship hearings, for a select cohort of applicants, to test the flow and viability of client-facing services. IRCC will be scheduling appointments by email.

aaa1892ca

Aug 10, 2020
Remember guys we need everyone at #resume_citizenship_tests
Vancouver story seems like stunt to me...
I think by doing that they only showed there back on voices raised.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The slow moving Govt, good to see acted quickly after the article in newspaper and tweets.

I will vote JT once I get my citizenship.
Doubt it had anything to do with the article. The government had been moving in the direction of opening up more in person services. Now that numbers of covid have increased the chances of the date being pushed back are pretty high.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I think the most important part which we all are missing is the RE-TESTING, does that mean they will only be calling people who failed their test before?

• Vancouver Expo will be reopening for limited citizenship-related services, including citizenship knowledge re-testing and citizenship hearings, for a select cohort of applicants, to test the flow and viability of client-facing services. IRCC will be scheduling appointments by email.

Reactions: Flandernss

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Doubt it had anything to do with the article. The government had been moving in the direction of opening up more in person services. Now that numbers of covid have increased the chances of the date being pushed back are pretty high.
These are numbers as per yesterday:
Coronavirus cases in Canada: Alberta sees 1st likely transmission in a school, Nova Scotia is now COVID-19 free
Bryan Meler
September 18, 2020, 10:07 am
Yahoo News Canada is committed to providing our readers with the most accurate and recent information on all things coronavirus. We know things change quickly, including some possible information in this story. For the latest on COVID-19, we encourage our readers to consult online resources like Canada’s public health website, World Health Organization, as well as our own Yahoo Canada homepage.

8,983 active COVID-19 cases in Canada: 141,911 diagnoses, 9,205 deaths and 123,723 recoveries (as of Sept. 18, 6:30 p.m. ET)
  • Alberta - 1,424 active cases (16,381 total cases, including 255 deaths, 14,702 resolved)
  • British Columbia - 1,803 active cases (7,842 total cases, 223 deaths, 5,797 resolved)
  • Manitoba - 325 active cases (1,540 total cases, 16 deaths, 1,199 resolved)
  • New Brunswick - 1 active cases (194 cases, 2 deaths, 191 resolved)
  • Newfoundland and Labrador - 2 active case (272 total cases, 3 deaths, 267 resolved)
  • Northwest Territories - 0 active cases (5 total cases, 5 resolved)
  • Nova Scotia - 0 active cases (1,086 total cases, 65 deaths 1,021 resolved)
  • Ontario - 2,652 active cases (46,077 total cases, 2,825 deaths, 40,600 resolved)
  • Prince Edward Island - 1 active case (57 total cases, 56 resolved)
  • Quebec - 2,643 active cases (66,356 total cases, 5,792 deaths, 58,218 resolved)
  • Saskatchewan - 113 active cases (1,776 total cases, 24 deaths, 1,639 resolved)
  • Yukon - 0 active cases (15 total cases, 15 resolved)
  • Nunavut - 0 active cases (4 false positive cases)
  • CFB Trenton - 0 active cases (13 total cases, 13 resolved)
You can see that numbers are much better in Atlantic Canada and Territories, instead of stopping what they will start on Monday 21 September why not start re-testing in Atlantic Canada and Territories? keeping the test going on for these areas will allow them to reduce some backlog. Shutdown everything again because some provinces are doing bad will not be fair for those that are not doing bad at all. This is just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Those news don't do much, one thing in vancouver ? What about the rest of the country?
seems there's still nothing announced or action taken with regard to citizenship tests.

Only oaths being done virtually.......PPE widely available everywhere yet Fed Govt employees not back to work for testing citizenship applicants.

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Omg .... 3 years .... we dont know their circumstances and why it take them 3 years .

But I believe in miracles, hopefully IRCC find solutions for testing and so we can move on with our lives.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Many of us were (unfortunately falsely) enthusiastic about IRCC's recent announcement of the phased resumption of some services, in some offices.

I think unfortunately this annoucement is a delusion, here are my arguments:

- Regarding citizenship, the so-called '' gradual resume '' only concerns a center in Vancouver ... and it will be '' re-test '' (So it only concerns people who have already taken a test before the closure , and who failed ... For Vancouver area only)

Se the link :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/gradual-resumption-in-person-services-sep-2020.html
IRCC said:
Citizenship:

- As i sayed in other topics, the union of federal employees is very powerful, and will surely ask for the vaccine + a daily residual ratio of covid cases of zero, even after the vaccine ... This situation suits them. This situation + the power of their union + and of course the code 699. (An internal procedure that allows federal employees to continue to be paid without doing anything)

Those who are waiting for a test will have to wait years and years if they do not make noise, several simultaneous sittings in front of IRCC offices

, contact the local federal parliamentarians (no need if he is conservative, waste of time, you know lol ...), alert the press, etc ...

A general mobilization is required ... Unless waiting for severals years does not bother you... Wake up !

#Resume_Citizenship_Tests

The pilot program in Vancouver is, in my opinion, a trick to calm people down, and give false hope to win more time.

But in reality nothing is progressing, and citizenship remains de facto interrupted, in fact.

Remember : According to the immigration and refugees act, there is no citizenship without testing.

The continuity of this blocking situation means in fact, for the candidates, an effective blocking, and an effective suspension of the citizenship procedure. Nothing else.

(* Exception made if you are over 55 = test exemption = interview and ceremony can be zoomed in, but this only concerns a very small portion of applicants).

Zoom ceremonies are a beautiful thing, certainly. But this only concerns people who have already had the chance to take their face-to-face test before the blockage, and +55 as I explained.

The residual pool of candidates who have already passed and passed their test will end (zoom ceremony performed ), sooner or later, and the weekly citizenship figures will drop to zero or close (Theoretically this will only concern the rare cases + 55 years old, or the procedures priority, even rarer).

Ah yes, one last thing: We must not lie to ourselves, human nature is bad in general ... Anyone who will try to discourage you will do so out of defeatism, xenophobia, racism, or simply because they are not concerned , and already have their citizenship ...

The mobilization on this forum has already shown effectiveness with the article on CBC, then the hastag on official IRCC accounts on social networks, which forced IRCC to do something (Inneficient as I explained, a decoy .. . But it's a start, better than nothing).

#Resume_Citizenship_Tests