+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Thanks to who ever posted on twitter regarding citizenship tests... Atleast who ever is in que can make 1 tweet... Imagine the numbers !!!
If you want to see the change, show a trend on twitter !!
Anyone can suggest a # ???
Like #resumecitizenshiptest ???
Good one, but I think we can find something smarter to get our point across.

An example (correct me, please, my english is very average).
Something along the lines of # CitizenshipMoreImportantThanCinema? ... You understood my idea, I think? (Make a shocking contrast comparison between a service open now)

Aa. Arv

Jul 5, 2020
Thanks to who ever posted on twitter regarding citizenship tests... Atleast who ever is in que can make 1 tweet... Imagine the numbers !!!
I agree, no one from IRCC doesn't
I agree, No one from IRCC has not seen this forum, in this forum we just are nagging to each other without any result, we should post on Twitter, email to the MPs, specially the MPs on the committee on citizenship and immigration. Please leave messages there instead of complaining to each other on this forum, IRCC never see and hear your complains in this forum

Arioji

Aug 28, 2020
I just made a hashtag in twitter following one of the last IRCC tweets
#Resume_Citizenship_Tests
Please trend it wherever you can as following your MP, Premier Or the Prime Minster tweets, Let them see us

Arioji

Aug 28, 2020
This is what I wrote on our MP last tweet:
Please do something about Citizenship tests, they’ve been cancelled for 6 months . Everything is open not only schools even cinemas ! #Resume_Citizenship_Tests
you can write anything you want and at the end ,add this hashtag.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
This is what I wrote on our MP last tweet:
Please do something about Citizenship tests, they’ve been cancelled for 6 months . Everything is open not only schools even cinemas ! #Resume_Citizenship_Tests
you can write anything you want and at the end ,add this hashtag.
Done! I encourage everyone else in the forum to do the same

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
. . . . What will happen to the statistical curve of the number of citizenship granted per week if IRCC CIC ends granting citizenship to all residual people who have already taken the test, and the blocking situation for the tests continues?

NOTE: if you are among those who FALSELY claim that "Canada has completely stopped granting citizenship," be that de facto or otherwise, the TRUTH is that IRCC is currently granting citizenship to around or at least nearly TWO THOUSAND applicants every WEEK. That is, IN FACT. That is, IN REALITY. And in addition to the IN FACT grants of citizenship, by the thousands, these grants of citizenship are also legal, "de jure" if you like.
I have only one question for you ... I hope with all my heart that you can answer honestly, without attempting psychplogical manipulation.

What will happen to the statistical curve of the number of citizenship granted per week if IRCC CIC ends granting citizenship to all residual people who have already taken the test, and the blocking situation for the tests continues? ... Be honest !

... Surely the number will drop to a few units per week, maybe 10. No more. (Only cases of people over 55 years old. No more people)
The figure will drop in any case.

This is what i call a stop of citizenship, implicit not officially announced, but it is what it will be in fact, de facto.

To be afraid is legitimate, and it is even a human reflex of defense which can be beneficial to alert us to dangerous situations.

Again, you are not concerned, not on the same boat ... You already have your citizenship.

Why do you keep trying to discourage people and say that everything is fine?
Given how misleading and off-topic this post was where posted, I am responding in one of the several topics which are apparently dedicated to misleading and divisive ranting, one of those which you apparently started for this purpose.

As for *answering* me, I posed NO questions to you, none at all. No point in doing that.

And to be clear, I am NOT asking for any answer from you here. Again, no point in doing that.

But I will continue to offer the forum honest, and to the best of my ability accurate observations relevant to how the citizenship application process works, including how it works during this difficult time when a global pandemic is disrupting all sorts of things, including government services, and including the processing of grant citizenship applications.

Let's be clear, @BOYX posed a straight-forward question which is likely shared by many prospective citizenship applicants. I did not engage in proselytizing or polemics, but made a sincere effort to honestly answer the question posed. In doing so I offered what is reasonably known about likely delays, which included accurately referencing that testing and interviews are not being scheduled and this constitutes the main bottleneck in processing which will likely result in significantly longer processing times. Other aspects of processing have been disrupted and delayed, but the bigger and longer impact will depend on when testing and interviews are resumed.

What is TEMPORARY is the disruption and interruption of routine citizenship application processing due to the global pandemic caused by Covid-19. Citizenship applicant testing and interviews are only TEMPORARILY not being scheduled. It is a blatant lie to so much as suggest the current situation means that IRCC has ceased or will cease the process of granting citizenship.

Regarding "I have only one question for you . . . "

. . . in terms of what will happen if . . . the number of IN FACT ("de facto" if you prefer Latin for some reason) grants of citizenship, which currently appears to be nearly TWO THOUSAND a week (compared to an average FOUR thousand a week during periods of normal processing) declines to, say, the number that was granted in the summer and fall of 2012 (a little more than a trickle) or even to the number granted in the ten week period from mid-March to the end of May this year (the number of grants during that period of time may have averaged a mere one or two per week, if that)?

If that happens, and assume it does, it will nonetheless be TEMPORARY . . . for another ten weeks? maybe ten months? As noted by many, forecasting the actual extent to which this year's situation will delay application processing is very difficult, and forecasting when testing will resume is itself difficult recognizing that there are future contingencies which will influence how this goes.

Will not be the first time, and probably not the last either, that disruptions in processing reduces the month-to-month numbers to a trickle. For a temporary period of time.

So what will happen is the timeline from the date of application to the date of taking the oath, for qualified applicants, will go longer . . . and there is no doubt, now, the timeline will be longer than it has been in recent years . . . even if testing were to resume this year, let alone not until sometime next year. And thus there will be a growing backlog of applicants. Has happened before. Likely to happen again. NO DOOMSDAY scenario in this. Yes, the delay will pose serious, even severe problems for some more than it does others. But absent apocalyptic events totally disrupting life as we know it in North America, for the vast majority of qualified citizenship applicants the worst case scenario is that the long delay in the timeline grows to be a much longer delay. Has happened before. Likely to happen again.

The above is not obscure or difficult to understand, and not difficult to reasonably extrapolate from what is known about how the process works, how it has worked historically and and has worked until recently, and a realistic grasp of the current situation, in fair context and with due consideration for the extent of delays already incurred.

NOT IN the SAME BOAT. ("Again, you are not concerned, not on the same boat ... You already have your citizenship.")

EVERY Canadian has an interest in the path to citizenship. How actively this or that individual is engaged in that varies widely. But the path to citizenship is an integral part of Canadian immigration policy, which in turn is a huge part of the social, political, and cultural landscape of this country. Recognizing the importance of this was a huge factor in Trudeau's 2015 election victory, giving the Liberals a sufficient majority in Parliament that in turn enabled the passage of legislation rolling back many of the more draconian measures implemented during Harper's years as PM. This was one of the more important issues in that election, influencing how hundreds of thousands of CITIZENS approached that election. One would need to be rather ignorant of what it means to be a Canadian to dismiss the interests of ALL Canadians in these matters.

Regarding me personally: This and other similar forums (including one I moderated for a number of years) were the source of some good suggestions I got back in 2007 and 2008 (when, for example, I was a merely a reading visitor in this forum), which I credit for helping me on my path to becoming a Permanent Resident, making it both faster and easier. I have made a concerted effort since then to pay-it-forward. Several years ago I cut back my level of participation to focus on a few issues related to citizenship application processing and maintaining PR status. My track record illustrates the extent to which I have continued to be actively engaged in HELPING those on the path to citizenship.

And any Canadian offering their views about these matters should not let any amount of bullying, based on how much some claim their status in this is more important, discourage them from expressing their HONEST views (noting, nonetheless, that principles of free speech do not justify misinformation, deliberately divisive ranting or fear-mongering, let alone the insulting of Canadians who provide important government services).

Leading to . . . "Why do you keep trying to discourage people and say that everything is fine?" The question is disingenuous. Not merely based on what lawyers might say are "facts not in evidence," but based on what is blatantly NOT true.

First, I make a concerted effort to be honest and accurate. I realize that acknowledging there will be lengthy delays may be "discouraging" but my observations about the likely delays is not intended to discourage. Information is power. Knowing and understanding the situation gives people strength . . . and sometimes, yes, many of us need to grasp the reality to find our strength to deal with this or that . . . like dealing with overly lengthy delays.

And obviously I do not say anything is "fine," let alone everything is "fine." Not even sure what that would mean. In contrast I have emphatically agreed that it is time for IRCC to more aggressively resume all aspects of citizenship application processing. To do what the law mandates. Moreover, I also emphatically caution those with applications pending, and prospective applicants like @BOYX, that they do indeed face some lengthy delays in processing going forward.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I would like to point out that the quotation that the person gives me above comes from another topic ... Who disappeared at the same time that he published here ... Would he be moderator here?

It would be disturbing if a stakeholder were at the same time moderating. This is called a conflict of interest.

I would also add that my quoted mesage is butchered, amputated of several things !! ... Wooow.

This member scares me now. I'm suspicious

Either way, we have to focus on what interests us.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
If other people can afford to swap messages between topics, I don't see why I couldn't do it myself. Back to our subject. I put here the excellent idea of our friend @Dana.D :

Hello All and especially those waiting for their citizenship applications to be processed with no visible light at the end of the tunnel.
We are all tweeting under the hashtag #Resume_Citizenship_Tests
To try and get the hashtag trending and maybe just maybe put some pressure on IRCC to end their chilling on the beach session and go back to work so we won't have to wait for years and years for that citizenship application.
I encourage you all to tweet under this hashtag and you can tag The IRCC @CitImmCanada

Good luck.

Reactions: Arioji

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
I would like to point out that the quotation that the person gives me above comes from another topic ... Who disappeared at the same time that he published here ... Would he be moderator here?

It would be disturbing if a stakeholder were at the same time moderating. This is called a conflict of interest.

I would also add that my quoted mesage is butchered, amputated of several things !! ... Wooow.

This member scares me now. I'm suspicious

Either way, we have to focus on what interests us.
In @dpenabill 's defence, he's been a very resourceful and helpful contributor in this forum - a lot of his advice, recommendations, guidance and experiences have been extremely helpful in my path of defending my PR Status.

Nonetheless, I can only speak of my experience with him & I have no idea what the history between you two is. However, just from reading both of your replies, I get the sense that you both agree on the important, bigger picture aspects of the topic yet somehow you both are cutting each other's throats over the moot points.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
. . . in terms of what will happen if . . . the number of IN FACT ("de facto" if you prefer Latin for some reason) grants of citizenship, which currently appears to be nearly TWO THOUSAND a week (compared to an average FOUR thousand a week during periods of normal processing) declines to, say, the number that was granted in the summer and fall of 2012 (a little more than a trickle) or even to the number granted in the ten week period from mid-March to the end of May this year (the number of grants during that period of time may have averaged a mere one or two per week, if that)?

What happened in 2012 that lead to such a small number of citizenship grants?