+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
So what ? ... What am I supposed to do? ... just accept the status quo ... and "be happy to be here", and wait years and years passively?

Why discourage people? ... In the worst case, even if it does not work completely (I doubt it), I would have tried ... I would rather fight rather than surrender, and wait passively ... and suffer the consequences of this calamity.
It's not discouragement if it's the reality of the situation. A few dozen or a few hundred people standing outside IRCC offices at the weekend is not going to get tests restarted sooner. The best thing to do right now is call or email your local MP (as I have been doing).

I have decided that beyond contacting my MP there is little I can do to control the situation.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
We must not be discouraged ... At least, the spousal sponsors awaiting PR for their spouses are taking action, and making noise = it's certainly better than staying in the pasivity.

Do not be discouraged by racists, or xenophobic trolls in comments on the CBC article or others, please ...

In any case, it is obvious that with this calamity coming from China, the delays will be more painful, that's for sure ... Nobody expects this to be resolved tomorrow morning, we must remain lucid and realistic ... That said, I remain convinced that doing a minimum of actions or noise is better than to be silent and wait passively = We must make them feel the pressure, and not - with our silence - let think that it is is ok ... Many people's lives are in limbo with this disaster.

But I remain convinced that the action will shorten the deadlines by keeping the pressure on.

Here is an example of intelligent pressure and which can be visible; Do not hesitate to do the same!

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Government has their priorities set right. Giving citizenship so that they can move to US should never have or should never be a priority for the government.
Ahan and what is that? so the employees who work on these cases in immigration department have been moved to some other department to help government on urgent matters? Are they busy somewhere else?

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Ahan and what is that? so the employees who work on these cases in immigration department have been moved to some other department to help government on urgent matters? Are they busy somewhere else?
Yes, they are probably very busy getting paid and chilling on the beach to avoid getting infected with Covid19 while we have to go out risk our lives to pay their salaries in taxes.

Arioji

Aug 28, 2020
My friends. Please go to IRCC twitter page and put your comments. Even under all tweets ! LET US MAKE OUR SOUND LOUDER AND LOUDER .

Reactions: piotrqc

RHCP

Apr 14, 2020
My friends. Please go to IRCC twitter page and put your comments. Even under all tweets ! LET US MAKE OUR SOUND LOUDER AND LOUDER .
Agreed. I comment almost every day. Let's fight together rather than fighting with each other.

Reactions: Arioji

Interstellaraliens

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Just read an update about service Canada centres gradually opening with appointments for biometrics collection.
(Source canadian immigration and citizenship facebook page)
Edit*
Hoping (IRCC*) is getting close to do the same for citizenship tests/interviews.

Last edited:

Arioji

Aug 28, 2020
Just read an update about service Canada centres gradually opening with appointments for biometrics collection.
(Source canadian immigration and citizenship facebook page)
Hoping they are getting close to do the same for citizenship tests/interviews.
Is Service Canada involved in performing "Citizenship tests and interviews" ?

aaa1892ca

Aug 10, 2020
Thanks to who ever posted on twitter regarding citizenship tests... Atleast who ever is in que can make 1 tweet... Imagine the numbers !!!
If you want to see the change, show a trend on twitter !!
Anyone can suggest a # ???
Like #resumecitizenshiptest ???