+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Like I mentioned many time we should all gather at the parliament to protest and if you can attend make sure to meet somewhere in downtown in your province to protest nothing will help. They will ignore Coming # hashtag and email From us
Also, some one has to set himself on fire ( just like what happened in some countries around the world ) just to let the people inside the parliament to notice that we are protesting outside,
Just joking:):)

Last edited:

abhy123

Feb 26, 2016
Like I mentioned many time we should all gather at the parliament to protest and if you can attend make sure to meet somewhere in downtown in your province to protest nothing will help. They will ignore Coming # hashtag and email From us
I am calling my MP everyday and asking for answers as to when the Citizenship knowledge test would start and get a standard answer "We Dont know yet". So we are group of 21 immigrants waiting for citizenship test in the constituency planning to go to our MPs office with placards and vocal our voice. I would suggest going to MPs office collectively is more effective than goin to Parliament. I have also been tweeting almost everyday under the
#Resume_Citizenship_Tests and tagging @CitImmCanada @JustinTrudeau @cafreeland @marcomendicino @catrinatapley @CP24 @CBCNews. I would recommend to please do the same and hopefully our voice will be heard by someone in the administration

Reactions: Arioji and piotrqc

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Did any Ottawa applicant received any update recently? Please let is know as I haven't seen any activity from ircc Ottawa recently.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am calling my MP everyday and asking for answers as to when the Citizenship knowledge test would start and get a standard answer "We Dont know yet". So we are group of 21 immigrants waiting for citizenship test in the constituency planning to go to our MPs office with placards and vocal our voice. I would suggest going to MPs office collectively is more effective than goin to Parliament. I have also been tweeting almost everyday under the
#Resume_Citizenship_Tests and tagging @CitImmCanada @JustinTrudeau @cafreeland @marcomendicino @catrinatapley @CP24 @CBCNews. I would recommend to please do the same and hopefully our voice will be heard by someone in the administration
One can only hope that there will be a no confidence vote

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
We have to do something new and the only think is to gather in the parliament.
Don't you think it would be better to organize this simultaneously - the same day at the same time - in front of several IRCC CIC offices, like the spousal sponsors did? ... Or maybe both? ...

I sincerely think, and it is paradoxical, that the more time passes, the more people will be willing to do something ... But there is also another element that worries me: Most candidates for Canadian citizenship come from countries that are not very democratic, or not democratic at all ... Maybe the reason for the cultural background of different origins plays a role in this situation of passivity? ...

In any case, there will be a vote of confidence next Monday ... If by bad luck the current Liberal government falls and the very right-wing Conservatives O'toole win by a majority, we may have to prepare. to see our applications canceled and returned, and the rules changed retroactively ...
The horror scenario :(

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Don't you think it would be better to organize this simultaneously - the same day at the same time - in front of several IRCC CIC offices, like the spousal sponsors did? ... Or maybe both? ...

I sincerely think, and it is paradoxical, that the more time passes, the more people will be willing to do something ... But there is also another element that worries me: Most candidates for Canadian citizenship come from countries that are not very democratic, or not democratic at all ... Maybe the reason for the cultural background of different origins plays a role in this situation of passivity? ...

In any case, there will be a vote of confidence next Monday ... If by bad luck the current Liberal government falls and the very right-wing Conservatives O'toole win by a majority, we may have to prepare. to see our applications canceled and returned, and the rules changed retroactively ...
Why would they cancel and return them? I see no logic there, they will waste time already spent processing them.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Why would they cancel and return them? I see no logic there, they will waste time already spent processing them.
I don't see that happening either. I know the Conservatives are not very keen on immigration, but it would be pointless to do that.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019

Even if the conservative get the power... is not going to be their priority to change the citizenship laws.... remember that it takes over 1 year and half to adopt a new law

Reactions: Coco7

aaa1892ca

Aug 10, 2020
I just can't understand, how easily people believed about tests resume (even in Vancouver)... They clearly still quote "all citizenship test are cancelled until further notice" they just added a word on bottom saying bla bla bla retest...
Just to keep people calm, and lower there voice, which I believe also include cbc's post (remember they just updated website after 2 months) ??

Use your brain ....
Thanks to all of you who still support # on twitter... Better than nothing...

Reactions: piotrqc and Dana.D

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Reactions: Wash an