+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
This is wrong. See here in the FAQ of the residency calculator:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q5

To quote:
=======
Q5: Do I have to declare day trips to the United States?
A5: Yes. List all absences, even if you come back the same day.

Q6: I travel often to the United States and don't remember the exact dates. What do I do?
A6: To use the physical presence calculator, you must enter exact dates. If you do not know the exact number of days you were absent, try to calculate an estimated number and after you have printed your absence sheet, attach a hand written note to it indicating that the dates are approximate.

Q7: I travel often because of my work (truck driver, employee for an airline company, etc.). Do I have to declare those absences?
A7: Yes. All absences from Canada, regardless of the reason, must be declared.

=======
While day trips do not count as days of absence you still must declare them.
You are right let me delete my post to avoid confusion, I am lucky then.

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Any one knows ..
I support any excess documents like print outs of E- Tickets of my flights .. my bank estatments and Payroll payments as a supporting documents would that delay my file?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Any one knows ..
I support any excess documents like print outs of E- Tickets of my flights .. my bank estatments and Payroll payments as a supporting documents would that delay my file?
If you were the officer handling your file, wouldn't you be annoyed to dig through all the things to find what's needed?

Reactions: spyfy

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy For language requirements do we need sealed copy of transcripts or just the photocopy is enough?
Submit a copy of both your diploma and the transcript. As stated in the document checklist you only need photocopies, not more.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
@spyfy Do you think that submitting applications tomorrow would be of any benefit?? I am a bit worried about the the load of applications CIC would be getting in next week, whats your intake on this?

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
can anyone pls respond to my question? would having an expired passport cause any issues for my application? my passport expired in 2015 and I never renewed it

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy Do you think that submitting applications tomorrow would be of any benefit?? I am a bit worried about the the load of applications CIC would be getting in next week, whats your intake on this?
This assessment can only be subjective, but I personally do not understand at all why people are so obsessed with submitting their application on the very first day.

Reason 1: I doubt that the "wave of applications" will be as large as people in this forum predict
  • It is true that a lot of people become eligible over night
  • But the reduction in applications and increase in processing time was not just based on the reduced eligibility in 2015 but also on the fact that citizenship judges have been removed from routine processing and that the application fee experienced a very steep increase
  • Also, unlike people in this forum, the general immigrant doesn't think of citizenship applications every single day
Reason 2: Even if there is a significant wave, it won't come on the first day, it will surge steadily
  • Yes, there will be an increase in applications, but there is no significant difference in applying on Oct 11 or, say Oct 20.
Reason 3: By pushing yourself to apply at the first chance, you risk incomplete applications, and that's what you should actually care about
  • People are currently preparing the application by looking at the old forms and the old checklist
  • That means you are basically begging for making a mistake
  • There is a high risk that you won't follow some important change that happens between the old and the new forms
  • Instead of the day of application, y'all should be way more concerned with the risk of submitting an incomplete or hard to handle application. Those are actual reasons for significant delays, much more than the question if you went to the post office at 8:00 am or 8:25 am.
Reason 4: It is just as likely that applying early will actually cause trouble at processing
  • Everyone seems to think "If my application arrives on the 12th, I'm first in line"
  • But it is in fact just as plausible, as you point out in your post, that the first applications will be handled not as efficiently as later applications because they have to get used to the new system first.
Again, this is a subjective assessment. I can not support all of the above claims with sources. Most of it is based on my intuition.

Reactions: Nawazt and sukhi7

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
can anyone pls respond to my question? would having an expired passport cause any issues for my application? my passport expired in 2015 and I never renewed it
The answer to your question is in the application forms and application guide. You simply have to explain why you didn't renew your passport.

Reactions: light88

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
is having an expired passport an issue when applying for citizenship? I never renewed my passport since it expired in 2015.
It's nowhere said, that you have to have a valid passport at the moment of application.
But Minimum that you have to do, is to provide an explanation! Without it your application will be sent back to you.

Note: If there are any gaps in time between validity periods of your passports or travel documents during the past six (6) years, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 6E.

Reactions: light88

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Guys I have lost my Confirmation of Permanent residence(copr). I will send a letter stating that it is lost and i have applied for the verification of status document? Do you guys think it is enough ? @spyfy

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
This assessment can only be subjective, but I personally do not understand at all why people are so obsessed with submitting their application on the very first day.

Reason 1: I doubt that the "wave of applications" will be as large as people in this forum predict
  • It is true that a lot of people become eligible over night
  • But the reduction in applications and increase in processing time was not just based on the reduced eligibility in 2015 but also on the fact that citizenship judges have been removed from routine processing and that the application fee experienced a very steep increase
  • Also, unlike people in this forum, the general immigrant doesn't think of citizenship applications every single day
Reason 2: Even if there is a significant wave, it won't come on the first day, it will surge steadily
  • Yes, there will be an increase in applications, but there is no significant difference in applying on Oct 11 or, say Oct 20.
Reason 3: By pushing yourself to apply at the first chance, you risk incomplete applications, and that's what you should actually care about
  • People are currently preparing the application by looking at the old forms and the old checklist
  • That means you are basically begging for making a mistake
  • There is a high risk that you won't follow some important change that happens between the old and the new forms
  • Instead of the day of application, y'all should be way more concerned with the risk of submitting an incomplete or hard to handle application. Those are actual reasons for significant delays, much more than the question if you went to the post office at 8:00 am or 8:25 am.
Reason 4: It is just as likely that applying early will actually cause trouble at processing
  • Everyone seems to think "If my application arrives on the 12th, I'm first in line"
  • But it is in fact just as plausible, as you point out in your post, that the first applications will be handled not as efficiently as later applications because they have to get used to the new system first.
Again, this is a subjective assessment. I can not support all of the above claims with sources. Most of it is based on my intuition.
I guess you are right, although I do qualify to apply asap, I would wait a week, fill out the new forms properly and then send, there can be new requirements in the latest Citizenship forms