+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Respected Senior Brothers/Sisters,
I hope, all of you are fine. Today I have completed almost one year(11months, 22 days) and my file is still stuck in Mississauga office. A very frustrating situation for me. I requested GCMS notes and today I received a PDF file and after reading it, I get into more depression because in the assessment section it says " Not Started" except criminality. I am writing down what exactly I received in GCMS. Could you please advise, how should I move forward and where actually my file is in the processing stage? I shall be very thankful to you for your informative reply. If you need further information from my GCMS notes to assess, please let me know. Kind regards.

ASSESSMENTS
Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Parentage: Blank
Adoption: Blank
Armed Forces: Blank
Prohibition: Not Started
Security: Blank
Criminality: Passed
Waiver: Blank
Misrepresentation: Blank
Hearing: Blank
Final: Blank
Oath: Blank
CIT Effective Date: Not Started
Discretionary Grant: N

Reactions: SANAGhada

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
I hope, all of you are fine. Today I have completed almost one year(11months, 22 days) and my file is still stuck in Mississauga office. A very frustrating situation for me. I requested GCMS notes and today I received a PDF file and after reading it, I get into more depression because in the assessment section it says " Not Started" except criminality. I am writing down what exactly I received in GCMS. Could you please advise, how should I move forward and where actually my file is in the processing stage? I shall be very thankful to you for your informative reply. If you need further information from my GCMS notes to assess, please let me know. Kind regards.

ASSESSMENTS

Still waiting for the advice. Can you please reply. Thanks

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ASSESSMENTS
Hello Optimistic. I understand what you are going through. Many on this forum are also experiencing such delays with some having 18+ months without their test. The best option is to be patient and wait. You can also talk to your mp and discuss your case with him or her. i don't think there is anything else you can do at the moment.

Reactions: optimistic6

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016

ASSESSMENTS
Since you have now completed 12 months, you can call them (IRCC/CIC) and see if they have a different response than the usual ...o_O
"we're waiting for your security check to be completed". :)
It may be a way for them to start paying attention to your process ...:rolleyes:
If not, the only other way is to call your MP...;) but it is my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: optimistic6

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Since you have now completed 12 months, you can call them (IRCC/CIC) and see if they have a different response than the usual ...o_O
"we're waiting for your security check to be completed". :)
It may be a way for them to start paying attention to your process ...:rolleyes:
If not, the only other way is to call your MP...;) but it is my opinion.

Thank you @oomuchi and @rasmy for your response. Very frustrating situation. I do not think even MP can do anything. They can only get me the status of my application. This is my experience. MP cannot expedite your case unless your case is a high profile case. I do not have any choice except waiting.

This is why I am involved in local politics and hope one day I will be in Ottawa and this Immigration messed up issue will be my top agenda.

misskay1201

Jan 27, 2018

ASSESSMENTS
I am so sorry to hear that! I feel you 100% because I'm on the same boat, except they received my application on Oct 2017! They started processing my application in March 2018 and I haven't heard back ever since. I called IRCC recently and was told that my background check was completed in Feb 2019 (finally!). So the call center staff said she would take action and send a message to the officer to move on to the next step. This is concerning, what are they doing then? Is my file tossed somewhere in the corner until someone gives them a nudge? I'm not sure how they manage caseloads, but from reading this threat it seems like there definitely needs to better management. How is it that some people have to wait over 1.5 years without a single word and others less than a year. So yes, I am just as frustrated as you and I sometimes wonder if my volunteer, work experience and education is factored into me proving myself to be deserving of becoming a Canadian citizen..

I hope we both hear some good news very soon!

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016

ASSESSMENTS
This is extremely frustrating for me too. I am also waiting since oct 2017. I have passed my test, but an unlimited background check that has not been finished yet. Absolutely no idea what they are doing, and why they are treating us like this...

mpkr

Aug 7, 2019
**********************************************Please help me/advise**************************************************************

I have pleaded guilty of harassment charges in June 2019 in UK . The Court have given me non violence restraining order for 5 years not to contact my Ex-wife and asked to pay the fine of 800 pounds but no jail term with one year sentence to be served. The court final conviction charges were UK harassment 1997, section 2. As per the UK law it is classified as a summary offense. As per the phyiscal presence in order to qualify for my citizenship application, I have to spend 5 more months in Canada.

So i was wondering whether i am eligible to apply for Canada citizenship after spending 1095 days in canada in past 5 years and will it effect my citizenship application or jeopardize my current PR status because of the criminal harassment charges ? I don't have any prior convictions before and this is my first conviction. As per the IRCC rules the applicant has to provide the police clearance of any country if the person has lived more than 6 months but I have lived less than a month in UK. So should I even declare this offense in my application ?

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
**********************************************Please help me/advise**************************************************************

I have pleaded guilty of harassment charges in June 2019 in UK . The Court have given me non violence restraining order for 5 years not to contact my Ex-wife and asked to pay the fine of 800 pounds but no jail term with one year sentence to be served. The court final conviction charges were UK harassment 1997, section 2. As per the UK law it is classified as a summary offense. As per the phyiscal presence in order to qualify for my citizenship application, I have to spend 5 more months in Canada.
th
So i was wondering whether i am eligible to apply for Canada citizenship after spending 1095 days in canada in past 5 years and will it effect my citizenship application or jeopardize my current PR status because of the criminal harassment charges ? I don't have any prior convictions before and this is my first conviction. As per the IRCC rules the applicant has to provide the police clearance of any country if the person has lived more than 6 months but I have lived less than a month in UK. So should I even declare this offense in my application ?
Maybe you want to look at Under point 16 of Citizenship Application, sub category 8 to reconfirm if that is applicable. I think good idea to apply after 4 years. Anycase, always truthfully report as applicable.

Last edited:

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Not sure if things are being updated in the excel but wanted to share details..

Application Received - October 30,2018
Acknowledgement Sent- Jan 15, 2019
Application Processing Start- Jan 18, 2019
Notice to appear for Test- Oct 31, 2019
Test- Nov 21, 2019
Oath- Dec 20,2019