Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
We are all required to fill the taxes in here. Unless for students ( Pre Pr). Once you get a PR and a SIN you must.
This is completely wrong. There are people who don't have a SIN but must file taxes, there are people who aren't PRs and must file taxes. There are people who are PR and don't need to file taxes.

Tax filing requirements have nothing to do with immigration status. Here is the actual list
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/you-have-file-a-return.html

Reactions: torontoguy87

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Spyfy. For q

2) When did you first come to live in Canada?

Should we leave it empty because we were not students we just landed, returned back home then we came back again to live permentaly.
Even if you later went back to home after studying, you first came to live in Canada when you first started studying here. It's basically the first time you had contact with Canadian immigration. So pick that date.

It doesn't say "when did you first come to live in Canada permanently"

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Even if you later went back to home after studying, you first came to live in Canada when you first started studying here. It's basically the first time you had contact with Canadian immigration. So pick that date.

It doesn't say "when did you first come to live in Canada permanently"
I have not studied in Canada. I landed in 2012. Returned back home to work then came back to Canada in 2014 till date

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I just noticed print the name of the person on the back of the photos is it my name?

Plus she stamped only one of the photos with the address and date what should i do?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I have not studied in Canada. I landed in 2012. Returned back home to work then came back to Canada in 2014 till date
Oh sorry, I totally read "we were students" instead of "we were not students". In that case it's a bit tricky, I'm not sure myself which of the two dates you should write down (soft landing date or actual landing date). I would tend towards the soft landing date.

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Can someone reply me here I am new

Q1:
I traveled to my home country over the 183 so I am bringing a PC from there and traveled to the US for 2 days only should I bring PC from US as well?

Q2:
I traveled over the 183 days .. and I have the Electronic tickets should I print them out for them to check if they want to confirm the flights time and date ?

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
I just noticed print the name of the person on the back of the photos is it my name?

Plus she stamped only one of the photos with the address and date what should i do?
Yeah, you have to put your name on the back side of both. And same for me - they stamped only one of my two photos.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Can someone reply me here I am new

Q1:
I traveled to my home country over the 183 so I am bringing a PC from there and traveled to the US for 2 days only should I bring PC from US as well?

Q2:
I traveled over the 183 days .. and I have the Electronic tickets should I print them out for them to check if they want to confirm the flights time and date ?
Q1 No
Q2 Not now may be during interview

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
You don't need to log in day trips as it is not absence. Only log in trips where you were absent from the country. I live literally on the border(Niagara Falls) and my day trips range from lunch to supermarket run. If i would have logged in all I dunno how many pages i would have needed. Just supply data which is relevant rather than providing too much data to confuse the CIC officer.
This is wrong. See here in the FAQ of the residency calculator:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q5

To quote:
=======
Q5: Do I have to declare day trips to the United States?
A5: Yes. List all absences, even if you come back the same day.

Q6: I travel often to the United States and don't remember the exact dates. What do I do?
A6: To use the physical presence calculator, you must enter exact dates. If you do not know the exact number of days you were absent, try to calculate an estimated number and after you have printed your absence sheet, attach a hand written note to it indicating that the dates are approximate.

Q7: I travel often because of my work (truck driver, employee for an airline company, etc.). Do I have to declare those absences?
A7: Yes. All absences from Canada, regardless of the reason, must be declared.

=======
While day trips do not count as days of absence you still must declare them.

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
is having an expired passport an issue when applying for citizenship? I never renewed my passport since it expired in 2015.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
If your exits out of Canada do NOT exceed 183 days as per old rules, all you needed to do is tick 'No' and do not have to report anything. The form clearly asks your consent to collect these information from CBSA, and it also states that you should not contact CBSA yourself for anything. Again, when the new rules kick in Oct. 11, the physical presence requirement is automatically removed - whatever exit/entry history will be obtained directly from CBSA, so I really don't see why you would be providing what's not asked, and better still wait for the new forms and 'guidelines' for the new rules.
This is wrong. You will have to enter all trips to and from Canada in the new residency calculator.