Suck'a'Lemon [IMG]http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/babygirl.gif[/IMG]
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
Leon said:
1. Apply for her citizenship certificate at the embassy.

2. Apply for a temporary passport at the embassy after you have done 1.
2. Temporary Passport: Is it the same application form pptc042 for child's passport or is it a separate passport application form. I have to apply for my child's passport in Pakistan. I have done the following:

1. Applying for citizenship certificate in Islamabad with Notarized copies of my citizenship certificate, citizenship card, my passport.

2. applying for passport the above mentioned form pptc042, along with requirements, child birth certificate, my citizenship certificate, my apssport, my declaration that child can travel without me, mothers passport, my birth certificate all notarized.

Please help me understand temporary passport application. Do I need to go to Islamabad or send all by post?

ourfali

Oct 15, 2012
hello,
my father lived in canada and obtained the canadian citizenship. i was born outside canada on 31/12/1988 and i have received the canadian citizenship through my father. now my wife in not canadian and she will give birth soon. if she gave birth outside canada, will my child receive the canadian citizenship through me. i have heard that the new policy on April 17th, 2009 apply only on the people born after the new law that if they were born outside canada , they wont be able to give the citizen to their children while people born outside canada before the new law will be able to pass the citizen to their children. please confirm that as soon as possible.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Hello ourfali,

Your new born will be Canadian Citizen, he/she just need to apply for Proof of Citizenship Certificate. You want to be sure see links below is self assessment [
See if child may already be a citizen]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/tool_04.asp

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bold9900 said:
Hello ourfali,

Your new born will be Canadian Citizen, he/she just need to apply for Proof of Citizenship Certificate. You want to be sure see links below is self assessment [
See if child may already be a citizen]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/tool_04.asp
According to the new law, he as a citizen born outside Canada who gained his citizenship because of parentage can not pass on citizenship to his child. Should he wish to live in Canada, he can sponsor his child for PR and once it has the PR and they are in Canada, he can sponsor it.

See the new law here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules_2009.asp
For info on the first generation rule, click on "Understanding the first generation limitation"

Oct 24, 2012
Hello, I am a Canadian with a Filipino fiancee, we have an 9mnth old daughter born in Cebu. 3 months ago we went to embassy in Manila and handed in the application for her canadian birth registration. Now that it is processing can we ask for a temporary passport for her now? or do we have to wait until the certificate is granted? How long does it take? I would like to take her to Canada now, is this possible without the mother? or if my daughter has a temporary passport can they both come to canada? If anything I would like to bring my daughter to Canada now while we apply for permanent resident for my fiancee. Before we applied for tourist visas for both the baby and my fiancee through an agency called Ultimate Visa and they were denied, saying that my fiancee has no ties to Philippines so won't come back, but what about my daughter? The agency took our money with no advice that this could happen, they claimed 100% rate of approval! so be careful! any help would be appreciated as this is so stressful.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadababyphils said:
Now that it is processing can we ask for a temporary passport for her now? or do we have to wait until the certificate is granted? How long does it take? I would like to take her to Canada now, is this possible without the mother? or if my daughter has a temporary passport can they both come to canada?
You can apply for a temporary passport for your daughter now. If the mother gives you permission to take her with you to Canada, you can. The mother must either get a visit visa or wait until she can get PR. Being your fiancee, it makes it even harder for her to get a visit visa because immigration will think that she is not just going to visit Canada.

In order to sponsor your fiancee, you either have to be married to her or you have to have been living together as a couple for at least 12 months that you can prove. As a Canadian citizen, you do not have to be in Canada to sponsor her but if you are not, you would have to show proof that you are planning on moving to Canada when she gets her PR.

Oct 24, 2012
Thank you thank you thank you! you have really made my day and taken away some stress. How would we go about giving the mothers permission? is it just a written letter? who do we give that to? would I get the temp passport the same day and be able to fly right away with mothers permission? Thanks so much! I have gotten better info on here than so many lawyers and agencies!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadababyphils said:
Thank you thank you thank you! you have really made my day and taken away some stress. How would we go about giving the mothers permission? is it just a written letter? who do we give that to? would I get the temp passport the same day and be able to fly right away with mothers permission? Thanks so much! I have gotten better info on here than so many lawyers and agencies!
You can get a sample letter at http://www.voyage.gc.ca/preparation_information/consent-letter_lettre-consentement-eng

You just keep it with you in case somebody asks you, say at the airport when you want to leave or when you arrive in Canada.

I do not know how long the embassy takes to process a temporary passport for a baby but if you have the consent letter and the temporary passport in your hand, you should be able to fly as soon as you can buy a plane ticket.

Oct 24, 2012
ok, so even though we haven't gotten the citizenship certificate yet we can apply the passport? sorry, just need to be sure, don't want to get too happy. and we apply for the temp passport in Manila?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can apply for the temporary passport even if you don't have the citizenship certificate yet. You would apply for it at the embassy in Manila. I see you actually have to buy the tickets first but you can ask the embassy how fast they can make the passport for when you are safe to buy the tickets.

See the website at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/consular_services_consulaires/new_passports-nouveau_passeport.aspx?lang=eng&view=d where it says:

Following submission of the citizenship application, if travel plans cannot be deferred, you may submit a fully completed passport application along with all supporting documentation as well as your child's proof of travel, such as a confirmed and paid itinerary or an airline ticket, as supporting documentation to assess the case. As your child does not have citizenship documents, you will need to submit the original proof of Canadian citizenship from one of the parents, the original foreign birth certificate showing both parents' names, and the receipt confirming submission of the citizenship application. Our passport examiners will assess your case and determine
the necessity of issuing a limited validity passport to meet your child’s travel needs.

Oct 24, 2012
It seems tho if we applied say, 3 to 5 months ago, would they allow the excuse of we booked a flight can we have a passport? or would they deny it? is it just for people who have booked a flight before or very soon after apply for certificate? so many things! really appreciate this help.!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the processing time for the citizenship certificate is currently 5 months in Canada plus 3-4 months when you apply through an embassy, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/certif-processing.asp so 8-9 months total. If you applied 3 months ago, that would make it 5-6 months to go.

If you apply for the temporary passport right away, you may be able to convince them that you must go to Canada now and can not wait for 5-6 months. If you wait 2 months to apply, you have to try to convince them that you can not wait for 3-4 months which would be harder than 5-6. Whatever your chances are, the longer you wait to apply, the more likely is that they will say, hey, you are so close to getting the citizenship certificate that you can wait.

dancanada

Oct 26, 2012
hi im a canadian citizen living outside of canada and i have 2 kids 7 and 3 years old i still did not apply for there citizen ship is there any problems if i apply now thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dancanada said:
hi im a canadian citizen living outside of canada and i have 2 kids 7 and 3 years old i still did not apply for there citizen ship is there any problems if i apply now thanks.
If you were already a Canadian citizen before they were born and you were either born in Canada or immigrated to Canada, there is no problem applying for their citizenship certificates now, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp

CDNLady

Oct 29, 2012
Hi!

My husband and I are both Canadian citizens by birth and are expecting a child. We are currently living in China, and wondering if our child is born here and we apply for a Canadian Citizenship Certificate is the wait time still over 6 months to process the application? We would want to come back to Canada shortly after the birth and we're wondering if it would be possible. We are just looking to get a passport to fly with the baby but if it will take longer than 2 months to process we will just have the baby in Canada! :)

I'm just looking for some opinions on what would be our best options.

Thanks in advance!