+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Hi All,

I'm past 6 months now (Feb 22) and wondering if I at this stage need to let CIC know I'm currently temporarily out of Canada.

I was trying to fill the web form to change my address but it's asking me for where I submitted my application in the US. I'm the spouse of the main applicant and I was in the US when the application was submitted so I'm assuming I'll choose USA as my place of submission but there are two options for which I don't know which one to pick.

Also does anyone in the same shoes have an idea what will come next despite passing the deadline. My last engagement with CIC was to go to out of Canada to do biometric enrollement, which I've completed and submitted 2 months a go.

Cheers.

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Quick question, how did you guys fill out the Annex A form that they mentioned in the PPR email? because it's not an attached file, it's embodied in the text of the email.
Thanks
I hope this would have been resolved for you. But for the interest of others. The best way to do so is, select only the table, right click and print. This will get you exactly what you want with bar code. Hope this helps.

mshubha

Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

Anyone with PPR on Jan 31 receive back their passport? If so, what was your timeline? I sent my passport on Feb 14, CIC received it on Feb 15 and no update after that. I have to travel on March 28 but I am not sure if I will receive back my passport by then.

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hi,

Anyone with PPR on Jan 31 receive back their passport? If so, what was your timeline? I sent my passport on Feb 14, CIC received it on Feb 15 and no update after that. I have to travel on March 28 but I am not sure if I will receive back my passport by then.
Please use this thread to discuss about PPR to COPR.. You could see more people in your situation.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-to-copr-journey-ppr-in-jan-feb-19.610143/page-19

Thanks!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Reactions: mshubha

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hey, need a suggestion about landing.
I'm going to do flagpole in Abbotsford or surrey border this Thursday evening. I'd have US visa as well and want to spend couple of days in Seattle, US. So the question is should i do flag poling first and then go back to US with my copr as in this way my landing gets completed in the first spot or should i just go to Seattle first and do landing process afterwards when i come back to Canada.
Any experience about that appreciated.
Thanks!
I'd go to Seattle first. I'm sure it wouldn't make a difference, but the US border guards will probably ask questions as to why you came back shortly after seeing them in the first place. Better to avoid the hassle

All the best!

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
How many people are still waiting for PR in this thread? What does your eligibility say in MyCIC?

I am September 5th AOR just passed 6 months yesterday. But my application still says reviewing eligibility and says "we do not need additional documents" I swear this changed from "we do not need any additional documents, we will send you a message if this changes" can anybody confirm if theres says the same?

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
How many people are still waiting for PR in this thread? What does your eligibility say in MyCIC?

I am September 5th AOR just passed 6 months yesterday. But my application still says reviewing eligibility and says "we do not need additional documents" I swear this changed from "we do not need any additional documents, we will send you a message if this changes" can anybody confirm if theres says the same?
I got the PPR email on Feb 21. I sent my passport to Ottawa this past Monday Mar 4. We'll see how long it takes them to return it with my COPR. Both my eligibility and background still say reviewing, I guess they don't update profiles until they send you your COPR, as final decision has been made.
I just logged into my account and noticed the same thing about the additional documents section. It doesn't say "we will send you a message if this changes" anymore. I don't know if it changed after I submitted my passport or before that.
In case you find it useful, I got my PPR email exactly a week after my progress bar was completed.
My AOR is Aug 16, 2018

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
To give Additional information to @c.cruz91 comment, I have been tracking PPR to COPR timing for people from a different thread (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-to-copr-journey-ppr-in-jan-feb-19.610143/page-19). So, usually once your passport received at visa office, it takes roughly 6 to 7 business days (for some people it takes longer, but this is the current trend for couple of weeks) to reflect in your online account. It worked for me as well. Here is my Application status..

PPR: 21 Feb, 2019
Passport Sent: 25 Feb, 2019
Received at Ottawa: 26 Feb, 2019
Today when I check out my online application, it changes to approved. But my return tracker is not activated. I expect this should happen by tomorrrow or day after that.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks and Good luck for people who're still waiting!

angelique26

Dec 16, 2017
La Habana
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
IELTS Request
20-06-2016
I got the PPR email on Feb 21. I sent my passport to Ottawa this past Monday Mar 4. We'll see how long it takes them to return it with my COPR. Both my eligibility and background still say reviewing, I guess they don't update profiles until they send you your COPR, as final decision has been made.
I just logged into my account and noticed the same thing about the additional documents section. It doesn't say "we will send you a message if this changes" anymore. I don't know if it changed after I submitted my passport or before that.
In case you find it useful, I got my PPR email exactly a week after my progress bar was completed.
My AOR is Aug 16, 2018
Hi...c.cruz91. Are you cuban?
If you are, I need some advice on medicals in Cuba.

yl2018aug

Feb 15, 2019

My AOR is august 25th. The additional document section of mime says "we do not need additional documents"

Vdpatel143

Jul 27, 2018
My wife added me on 28th August 2018 and submitted all the documents, next day i got my UCI number and in her application my name appeared as a dependent. Its been 6 month and few days but there is no update. Any suggestions guys please!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
My wife added me on 28th August 2018 and submitted all the documents, next day i got my UCI number and in her application my name appeared as a dependent. Its been 6 month and few days but there is no update. Any suggestions guys please!
Since you are over 6 months, you might want to raise a query through IRCC webform (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp) and request GCMS notes too, if not already. Notes take around a month to come, however your IRCC webform query will get a reply in 7 days.