+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

anhly

Oct 22, 2018
Hi All,

I wrote my address on the return envelope. Will that create any delays on sending back the passports?
I wrote mine too, I thought they specifically asked not to write theirs on the return envelope. What is your tracking status? Mine has not been activated, it’s been 14 days

Last edited:

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

I did a flagpole crossing at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara falls yesterday.

When you arrive at the bridge, there is a Canadian Border Services office to the left, and an entry gate to the right. We arrived at 8am and went through the entry gate turnstile on the Canadian side. It costs $1.00 per person and only accepts quarters, so take quarters with you. There is a change machine to the right if you need it. Once we went through, we walked over to the US side. You wait in a small room until they call you in. We explained that we were there to do a flagpole, the officer checked our passports and signed a form for us to take to the Canadian side.

However, once we approached the Canadian side, we were told that they were not processing PR applications at that time, and to come back at 2pm, despite the website saying otherwise.

We went to a starbucks and waited till 12pm, then went to the visa office on the left of the bridge. They told us that they were now processing CoPR's. We had to cross the bridge again and get another flagpole note, which the US border control officer wasn't too happy about.. This time, they accepted us, gave us a yellow slip and told us to go to the border services building to the left. We were seen almost immediately and had our papers validated.

If you go to this crossing, it might pay to check with the visa office before crossing the bridge to make sure that they are processing CoPRs.

Now it is all over and I can finally relax :)

Good luck to you all!

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
I wrote mine too, I thought they specifically asked not to write theirs on the return envelope. What is your tracking status? Mine has not been activated, it’s been 14 days
Hi, I send my passports on Feb 4 and it got approved on Feb 14th. However, return tracker has not been activated yet.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
I just received my PPR email! They got me all confused, they told me on the phone I wouldn't have to submit my passport because they would schedule an interview for me. So, I quickly booked flights to go to my home country before that interview (I leave tomorrow). I'll send them my passport when I come back from my trip in a week.
I hope I can still book that interview to do the landing once I get my passport back, because I can't afford to travel outside Canada AGAIN so soon!
Anyway, the important thing is that my PR is approved and I'm almost done with this process!

Reactions: ktmerritt

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Quick question, how did you guys fill out the Annex A form that they mentioned in the PPR email? because it's not an attached file, it's embodied in the text of the email.
Thanks

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Quick question, how did you guys fill out the Annex A form that they mentioned in the PPR email? because it's not an attached file, it's embodied in the text of the email.
Thanks
I just copied it and paste it into word file. And save the barcode on image file and put it on the word file according to email format.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
My tracker has been activated yesterday. So it was not a problem, I think.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Thanks
ummm, just print the whole email and it will come out on last page properly. Just send that.

yl2018aug

Feb 15, 2019
@c.cruz91 , I called CIC today regarding my application. They said the application received on Ottawa visa office and I should expect an passport request sooner. They also said, If I didn't receive anything before March 1, I need to call back. Hope I receive an email soon.

Thanks!
which phone number did you call and to which menu had you picked?

RameshKum

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello Experts

Question: I have 3 years of Canadian experience in the past, am I eligible to claim points for that?

My experience: 2013-04 to 2016-04

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
which phone number did you call and to which menu had you picked?
Call CIC @ 888-242-2100. I'm not sure about the menu numbers, but it is Application status(Work,Study,PR), PR application type, Current status, And it will read out your existing PR status which is available on your account and then asks you if you need to talk to agent.

Last edited:

vijay7006313

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
IELTS Request
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi everyone,

I did a flagpole crossing at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara falls yesterday.

When you arrive at the bridge, there is a Canadian Border Services office to the left, and an entry gate to the right. We arrived at 8am and went through the entry gate turnstile on the Canadian side. It costs $1.00 per person and only accepts quarters, so take quarters with you. There is a change machine to the right if you need it. Once we went through, we walked over to the US side. You wait in a small room until they call you in. We explained that we were there to do a flagpole, the officer checked our passports and signed a form for us to take to the Canadian side.

However, once we approached the Canadian side, we were told that they were not processing PR applications at that time, and to come back at 2pm, despite the website saying otherwise.

We went to a starbucks and waited till 12pm, then went to the visa office on the left of the bridge. They told us that they were now processing CoPR's. We had to cross the bridge again and get another flagpole note, which the US border control officer wasn't too happy about.. This time, they accepted us, gave us a yellow slip and told us to go to the border services building to the left. We were seen almost immediately and had our papers validated.

If you go to this crossing, it might pay to check with the visa office before crossing the bridge to make sure that they are processing CoPRs.

Now it is all over and I can finally relax :)

Good luck to you all!
Hey, need a suggestion about landing.
I'm going to do flagpole in Abbotsford or surrey border this Thursday evening. I'd have US visa as well and want to spend couple of days in Seattle, US. So the question is should i do flag poling first and then go back to US with my copr as in this way my landing gets completed in the first spot or should i just go to Seattle first and do landing process afterwards when i come back to Canada.
Any experience about that appreciated.
Thanks!

yl2018aug

Feb 15, 2019
Call CIC @ 888-242-2100. I'm not sure about the menu numbers, but it is Application status(Work,Study,PR), PR application type, Current status, And it will read out your existing PR status which is available on your account and then asks you if you need to talk to agent.
thank you !