+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
hi guys, I hope everything is going great with you all!
So, my application was approved recently in my CIC account, although they have not returned my passport yet. I'm not too concerned about it, I've seen in some chats that they usually send the passport and COPR back a week after the application changes to "approved" online. I do see that there's a new document on my account that expires this June 2019 (I'm guessing this is my COPR).
My question is: Do I have to wait to receive my passport and COPR to contact IRCC to make an appointment for a landing interview? or can I go ahead and contact them now even though I don't have those documents yet? I was thinking of contacting them now because I don't know how long are the wait times to get an appointment at those offices, and my COPR expires this June as I mentioned before.
Anyway, I wanted to know what you guys did. Thanks

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
hi guys, I hope everything is going great with you all!
So, my application was approved recently in my CIC account, although they have not returned my passport yet. I'm not too concerned about it, I've seen in some chats that they usually send the passport and COPR back a week after the application changes to "approved" online. I do see that there's a new document on my account that expires this June 2019 (I'm guessing this is my COPR).
My question is: Do I have to wait to receive my passport and COPR to contact IRCC to make an appointment for a landing interview? or can I go ahead and contact them now even though I don't have those documents yet? I was thinking of contacting them now because I don't know how long are the wait times to get an appointment at those offices, and my COPR expires this June as I mentioned before.
Anyway, I wanted to know what you guys did. Thanks
Without waiting for landing interview, once you get the passport back, then you can go to any closet border and do the landing. Mine took 30 minutes to complete the landing at border.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Without waiting for landing interview, once you get the passport back, then you can go to any closet border and do the landing. Mine took 30 minutes to complete the landing at border.
I don't want to go to a border crossing to do the landing because I don't have a US visa. I know some people say it's okay, but I don't want to risk it

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
AOR Aug 30, 2018, CEC inland. No update since back check started. GCMS shows criminality check in progress. Have you requested notes?
Yea I requested notes last week. Still waiting for them. Call Center agent told me that they are still processing background. Have been stuck there for a long time. Also submitted web form when I passed 6 month mark but Cic told me that they were still processing and I should wait

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Yea I requested notes last week. Still waiting for them. Call Center agent told me that they are still processing background. Have been stuck there for a long time. Also submitted web form when I passed 6 month mark but Cic told me that they were still processing and I should wait
Background check includes criminality and security screening, the notes will tell you where you are at. I am stuck at criminality, I called and the agent told me that this process involves other agencies so the time taken process is not within CIC's control.

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
Yes guys hopefully good news for everybody pretty soon. Stay positive and best of luck. I think we are very close to getting PPR!!!

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
Background check includes criminality and security screening, the notes will tell you where you are at. I am stuck at criminality, I called and the agent told me that this process involves other agencies so the time taken process is not within CIC's control.
I have a question for you then. Does everybody go under criminality and security or is it like random? Are there any ballpark timelines for these two?

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
I have a question for you then. Does everybody go under criminality and security or is it like random? Are there any ballpark timelines for these two?
The process is different for each applicant, for some it is as simple as verifying the authenticity of the police record while others go through an in depth screening.

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
The process is different for each applicant, for some it is as simple as verifying the authenticity of the police record while others go through an in depth screening.
Sounds goood! Thanks for letting me know ! Much appreciated