Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Hi Guys,

NOTE: FOR ALL THE CONFUSION OF APPLYING WITHOUT AOR, WITH AOR OR WHEN POSITIVE ELIGIBILITY ON APPLICATION IS RECIEVED

My work Post Graduate Work Permit was expiring - August 26th'2015

Applied for BOWP without an AOR - August 20th'2015
I wrote a letter explaining that I am submitting my PR application and the Immigration officer should check the system using my Client ID.

Received invitation - September 8th'2015

Submitted PR application - October 10th'2015

Received BOWP - December 16th'2015

Now I know it all depends on the luck or the timing. My application may have passed eligibility right before the officer opened my work permit application.
I just wanted to prove that it is possible.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks. Good information. So if your work permit was expiring on August 26th 2015, and you got your BOWP in Dec, is that alright? Can you stay while you are waiting for your BOWP?

Thanks

seemalz

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Yes, you are on implied status as soon as you apply for BOWP. That means you can continue working and keep the same status until you receive a decision on your bowp application.

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Hi All,

I am trying to apply my BOWP online and i have few questions:

1. How do I view the document after uploading it?
2. If I want to include my "10 years Employment history" in an additional sheet, where i can upload it? Is it insert with Form 5710?
3. After validating the Form 5710, I saved it into my desktop for uploading. However i confused the cic website instructions says scan and save it but i didn't scan it so my questions is the form should be uploaded properly without scanning?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuskers said:
Hi All,

I am trying to apply my BOWP online and i have few questions:

1. How do I view the document after uploading it?

Just login Mycic then chick view submitted application.

2. If I want to include my "10 years Employment history" in an additional sheet, where i can upload it? Is it insert with Form

You can insert into Letter of explanation

3. After validating the Form 5710, I saved it into my desktop for uploading. However i confused the cic website instructions says scan and save it but i didn't scan it so my questions is the form should be uploaded properly without scanning?

You won't scan file, you can upload as PDF file.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I was invited under CEC for PR and submitted by application on Dec 14th 2015. I have my work permit expiring this May 2016. So as per the new rule for BOWP, link below, I am applying for extension.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Can someone who has already done this, please advise or make any suggestions? Can I apply for this online? How much is the fees for this permit? Which is the form for the work permit extension? just want to confirm.

Thanks. Help appreciated

Wisper

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
TECC_Seneca said:
Hello All,

I was invited under CEC for PR and submitted by application on Dec 14th 2015. I have my work permit expiring this May 2016. So as per the new rule for BOWP, link below, I am applying for extension.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Can someone who has already done this, please advise or make any suggestions? Can I apply for this online? How much is the fees for this permit? Which is the form for the work permit extension? just want to confirm.

Thanks. Help appreciated
You can apply online paying $255 with AOR and currently it takes them 4 months to issue a BOWP

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
I need to apply for BOWP, Need to know in eligibilty tool it shows , Eligible for

Temporary Resident Visa

Open work permit

Is it suppose to say " Bridge Open Work Permit" or should I just proceed with "Open Work Permit" Option ?

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wisper said:
yes, there were some previous applicants' cases, bowp is just like pgwp
Thanks. So I am filling the form. I on PGWP and I applying for extension and have few questions.

I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. A work permit with the same employer
b. Restoration of your status as a worker
c. An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer
d.Temporary Resident permit

What should I choose?
2)
Under Current country of residence question for the dates From and To what should I mention?The clue is the start date of your immigration status in your current country of residence. Now I came as an international student, so I mention the start date of my study permit or start date of my PGWP?

3)
For Details of intended work, I am mentioning my current job details.
What should mention under the "Duration of expected employment"

4)
Under Education, should I also mention my Bachelors in India? I did a 1 year post graduate program here in Canada which I think would be the highest.
5) For Work History for 10 years, there are only 3 rows in the form, how do I insert another row for another job?

I really appreciate your help guys. Thanks, looking forward for a reply.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The work permit tool is down for the last few days. What to do, I am running out of time ???

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Thanks for the link and the info. My PGWP will expire in June 2016, just got ITA last week. So I will apply for BOWP in February. It seems that my husband wont be able to obtain a BOWP, since he is my dependent. Am I correct?