+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Opening new thread. Everyone who will be applying for BOWP after receiving AOR under express entry lets connect here and discuss timelines.
I received my ITA, submitting the documents tomorrow and my lawyers said as soon as we receive AOR, we are applying for BOWP.

If someone has already done the process in the last few weeks, feel free to jump in with some feedback.

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR is not PER.
After you pass the review of eligibility then you are good to go to apply BOWP.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone actually tested this? AOR is considered as Positive Eligibility according to CIC literature...unless they haven't updated the website yet.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
polojesef said:
Opening new thread. Everyone who will be applying for BOWP after receiving AOR under express entry lets connect here and discuss timelines.
I received my ITA, submitting the documents tomorrow and my lawyers said as soon as we receive AOR, we are applying for BOWP.

If someone has already done the process in the last few weeks, feel free to jump in with some feedback.
AOR is issued as soon as u hit pay button I submitted Sunday and got it in 2 min back. You can use it to get a BOWP AOR is only acknowledge of receipt same as old system it just say u paid and it's in proses you don't need to wait for pass as that work was done when they issued a ITA submit it I need to wait few more weeks to be 4 months

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

source: CIC

http : // www . cic . gc . ca / english / resources / tools /temp /work / prov / bridging . asp

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Yea that is all sorted. As soon as you have AOR, you are good to go with BOWP. Lawyers said they actually talked to people from the CIC and they said the same thing.
Lets keep each other posted on the process.
I will know more to tell you guys next week as soon as we submit everything.

bhallasorav

Sep 27, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/04/2014
Doc's Request.
FILE number 29/07/2014
Nomination.....
Still waiting
AOR Received.
7/05/2014
hi friends.... I am also in the same boat as u.. I am also thinking of applying BOWP...I have less then four months... I called and spoke to cic people twice.. they confirmed we can apply for bowp on the basis of invitation and aor received... can somebody please post a llink of forms needed to apply for BOWP....a prompt response will be highly appreciated...r u guys applying online or paper application

cheers and best of luck everyone

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
I am submitting my bridging open work permit application online later today. Hopefully it will go through and my work permit expires on April 1, 2015. Good luck to the rest of you :)

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
ngelsa said:
I am submitting my bridging open work permit application online later today. Hopefully it will go through and my work permit expires on April 1, 2015. Good luck to the rest of you :)
I'm in the same boat too. My work permit expired on April 3rd, 2015. I need to apply for BOWP as soon as possible, when I received AOR. I have a question. Can we go to boarder to get BOWP soon? Because, I couldn't get BOWP until my visa expired, if I applied on website.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

delorean said:
I'm in the same boat too. My work permit expired on April 3rd, 2015. I need to apply for BOWP as soon as possible, when I received AOR. I have a question. Can we go to boarder to get BOWP soon? Because, I couldn't get BOWP until my visa expired, if I applied on website.
1. No, BOWP are not issued at the border.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
delorean said:
As PMM has mentioned you cannot go to the border to bridge your work permit. On the other hand, by visa I assume you mean the temporary resident visa? If you have to wait until your TRV expires before you can bridge your work permit then you should consider submitting a paper application to buy yourself some time.

Good Luck.

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhallasorav said:
hi friends.... I am also in the same boat as u.. I am also thinking of applying BOWP...I have less then four months... I called and spoke to cic people twice.. they confirmed we can apply for bowp on the basis of invitation and aor received... can somebody please post a llink of forms needed to apply for BOWP....a prompt response will be highly appreciated...r u guys applying online or paper application

cheers and best of luck everyone
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

That's the link. All the best!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fvidania said:
I have called CIC and ask them. They said I have to wait until I get a Positive answer!!
Then they need to update their website as it still indicates AOR as PER for CEC. Did you tell them what class you're under?

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
How can cic give you a work permit just because u submitted an application???? That doesnt make any sense at all....EE is different than the older pr system...they just gonna issue a work permit after they find out that you are actually eligible!! Its total no sense to think that as soon as you submit your application you can apply for a new wp!