Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
ngelsa said:
As PMM has mentioned you cannot go to the border to bridge your work permit. On the other hand, by visa I assume you mean the temporary resident visa? If you have to wait until your TRV expires before you can bridge your work permit then you should consider submitting a paper application to buy yourself some time.

Good Luck.
No, temporary resident visa isn't the one I want. Even though my visa expired on 3rd of April, my contract with my company is until 1st of May. That is my problem. So I need work permit visa after applying for PR.

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
And...why would they give you a 1 year work permit if they are trying to gibe you the PR within 6months?
Im in the same position than most of you, my actual work permit expires in May, so please keep this post updated with your findings.

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need to apply for my bridging work permit as soon as possible. After I get the ITA, do I need to get my medical done before I can submit the PR application? Should I be booking a potential appointment for my medical from right now to be on the safe side?

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
completely. I dont get how people are saying they have their AOR the day after they submit their forms. The imm officer still has to to go through your forms.

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
so I called CIC again and they said we have to wait until get a new letter from the Sidney office, saying that our application is positive.

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
fvidania said:
so I called CIC again and they said we have to wait until get a new letter from the Sidney office, saying that our application is positive.
I work with a lawyer who worked in CIC before. People in call center have no experience or minimum experience. They don't know the answers. My lawyer spoke with a person in charge of BOWP under express entry and if you submitted your documents under CEC category, you can apply for bridging visa.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
So you are saying that your lawyer knows more than canada immigration officers?? Haha
it doesnt matter which category you applied for pr..after you got passed on eligibility everybody can apply for a new wp!!!

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
nata_cap said:
So you are saying that your lawyer knows more than canada immigration officers?? Haha
it doesnt matter which category you applied for pr..after you got passed on eligibility everybody can apply for a new wp!!!
Nata I will delete all of your posts that you submit and I will block you from all of the posts moving forward. You are very disinformated and you still think you know the best. You are making people confused and you attitude doesn't belong to a forum like this.
Please restrain yourself for any further comments.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
polojesef said:
Nata I will delete all of your posts that you submit and I will block you from all of the posts moving forward. You are very disinformated and you still think you know the best. You are making people confused and you attitude doesn't belong to a forum like this.
Up to you....so tell people to apply now and make them spend 155 dollars and be refused!!!

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
polojesef said:
And i didn't say they can't apply...of course they can...as soon cic check if they are eligible!!

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
Bridging Work Permits – Eligibility Parameters

To be eligible for a bridging WP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP;
They have received a positive eligibility assessment on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of this Operational Bulletin, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when it is confirmed in GCMS that:

FSWP: the “Ministerial Instructions” status has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter/ e-mail has been sent.
PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
CEC: the “Eligibility CEC” decision has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.
FSTP: the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.

That's from there very same link you posted. It's pretty black and white - if you have got an ITA and subsequent AOR for CEC then you will be eligible for a BOWP under the parameters you posted above.

SahiAsh

Feb 8, 2015
Hi All,

I am in same boat and received ITA last week for PR. My work permit is expiring in June 31 however I am planning to go back to my country on May end due to some personal work.
If I apply and go back to India, How my application will be process ? Will they transferred to India and it may take long time or they can cancel as now I am not here ? Or is there any other possibilities..

Please advice!

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
pziegler1986 said:
For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of this Operational Bulletin, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when it is confirmed in GCMS that:

FSWP: the “Ministerial Instructions” status has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter/ e-mail has been sent.
PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
CEC: the “Eligibility CEC” decision has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.
FSTP: the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.

That's from there very same link you posted. It's pretty black and white - if you have got an ITA and subsequent AOR for CEC then you will be eligible for a BOWP under the parameters you posted above.
Did u get An AOR from CIO? Cause i didn't...i just got the AOR and cic saying they got my application and they are gonna start checking I'm I'm eligible or not!