+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
When I called yesterday they mwbtioned I have to wait for a letter from the Sidney office. So yes we have to wait until getting the official AOR from CIO.

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
fvidania said:
When I called yesterday they mwbtioned I have to wait for a letter from the Sidney office. So yes we have to wait until getting the official AOR from CIO.
The thing that is confusing is that it's been a month since some people sent their documents and no one yet received an official letter from CIO. If they are moving so fast as they say, why would it take them more then a month to go through 1000-2000 application that were received through EE? That is something that is really confusing and they need to definitely give processing times so that people can know what to expect.

emma_h_s

Feb 1, 2015
I have been told by three separate call center agents at CIC that the AOR is sufficient, even though checks on my eligibility are still in progress. I don't really believe them (especially as I never even mentioned that my application was through the CEC class not FWS).

My MP emailed their CIC liaison about this and included the following question:

Can she apply to extend her work permit with the AOR she has now - CIC has told her she can?

Their response was:

We have verified the information you provided. We can confirm that your constituent's application will be process through the CEC category. Furthermore, with the AOR letter she received your constituent should be eligible for the open bridging work permit. We have verified the instruction on our website and she would fall under the following category:

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

At least I have something in writing, for what it is worth. My MP is still uncertain if this is correct (as am I - it does sound like they have just looked at the information on their website, which we all have seen). My MP is checking to again to make sure. I will post the outcome of this when I have it!

My work permit is expiring in a few weeks, so I've taken a chance and submitted my BOWP application anyway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the eligibility review gets done anyway before it gets processed and this won't turn out to be an issue......

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Everyone is forgettingsomething. We have got an AOR from the CIC not from CIO (Centralized Intake Office) as they require for a Bridging Work Permit.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
When i callee cic...they said "if you are apppying under the old system just AOR will be enough..but if you are applying under express entry you need to wait when eligibility says "passed"".

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
nata_cap said:
When i callee cic...they said "if you are apppying under the old system just AOR will be enough..but if you are applying under express entry you need to wait when eligibility says "passed"".
Does anyone knows someone from draw 1 who has eligibility set to "passed"? It should arrive by now. It's been more then a month.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
polojesef said:
Does anyone knows someone from draw 1 who has eligibility set to "passed"? It should arrive by now. It's been more then a month.
im from the first draw...its been 25 days that i submit my application and nothing...

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
nata_cap said:
im from the first draw...its been 25 days that i submit my application and nothing...
that is crazy nata. i hope its not gonna take them more then 6 weeks. keep us posted

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
polojesef said:
that is crazy nata. i hope its not gonna take them more then 6 weeks. keep us posted
hopefully not...
ill let u guys know if something changes

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
I already have applied for BOWP. I used a document that I received after submitting Express Entry. Application number is written in it. Many people say that we can use the document for BOWP. That's not different from AOR? My work visa will be expired on 3rd of April. I need to be in implied status so that I can work under the status. Is it right or wrong?

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delorean said:
I already have applied for BOWP. I used a document that I received after submitting Express Entry. Application number is written in it. Many people say that we can use the document for BOWP. That's not different from AOR? My work visa will be expired on 3rd of April. I need to be in implied status so that I can work under the status. Is it right or wrong?
Well, I think you can only hope that you can get positive feedback from CIO before the Visa officer works on your BOWP application... otherwise I think your BOWP application might get rejected. Cos for EE we need to get a positive feedback from CIO still.

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
hope for the best said:
Well, I think you can only hope that you can get positive feedback from CIO before the Visa officer works on your BOWP application... otherwise I think your BOWP application might get rejected. Cos for EE we need to get a positive feedback from CIO still.

In that case (rejected), I can get refund right?

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
delorean said:
In that case (rejected), I can get refund right?
no..they dont give u any refund.

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
nata_cap said:
no..they dont give u any refund.
Oh my goodness, I have already paid for it two time at when I applied for PR with old system they didn't announce us about 8,000 capacity. That's ridiculous.

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
delorean said:
Oh my goodness, I have already paid for it two time at when I applied for PR with old system they didn't announce us about 8,000 capacity. That's ridiculous.
I learned something from all this process. Immigration is not fair. We have to deal with it and be strong till the end.
It is money and energy draining but I wish you all the luck. I know you can do it just stick with it.

Keep us posted if BOWP arrives to you with the AOR you have submitted.

Best!!