+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Clear and simple..since you have aor in july..by december you will have decision on your pr...if you appky bowp today..it will take more than 3 and half months yo process which is mid if january..sunce you will have decision on pr earlier..there is no use of applying bowp..you should have applied on july or aug... current paper based processing time is 111 days..online is above 130 days..
[/quote]

Thanks so much for your response.
So you suggest me not to go for bowp and wait for PR decision however if i dont get the decision made on my pr application on December what should be the next step.

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Tuskers said:
Clear and simple..since you have aor in july..by december you will have decision on your pr...if you appky bowp today..it will take more than 3 and half months yo process which is mid if january..sunce you will have decision on pr earlier..there is no use of applying bowp..you should have applied on july or aug... current paper based processing time is 111 days..online is above 130 days..

Thanks so much for your response.
So you suggest me not to go for bowp and wait for PR decision however if i dont get the decision made on my pr application on December what should be the next step.
i dont think you wont get decision by december,however its if you apply today for bowp..even the processing time go down to 90 days..u wont get result for bowp till jan 15??if u think ur pr app will go further than december..u can give a try for bowp(255$)..i am in same boat expiry on jan..bt i submit after 1 month of my aor when it went less than 4 months...ur choice..

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Thank you so much for the response.
I am going to wait for my PR to get approved before December. Hopefully!!!
Otherwise I will submit the application for BOWP or Extend the current work permit at the beginning of December so that I will be under Implied status after my current work permit expires at December.

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Tuskers said:
Thank you so much for the response.
I am going to wait for my PR to get approved before December. Hopefully!!!
Otherwise I will submit the application for BOWP or Extend the current work permit at the beginning of December so that I will be under Implied status after my current work permit expires at December.
This sounds perfect..

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi - I have query regarding applying for BOWP. My current VISA/work permit expires on Jan,2016. I have the PNP nomination from Ontario and waiting for ITA in the next draw.

1. I heard that we can apply for BOWP using Ontario Provincial Nomination ?? Is it true or i should wait for AOR after applying for PR
2. What are the documents required for BOWP and link to apply online
3. How many days it's going to take to get BOWP after applying online
4. After applying i can remain and work in Canada under Implied status until i get BOWP even after my current VISA/WP is expired. Is it correct?

Thanks
Ravi

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
fpaikar said:
Hi friends can we apply for the BOWP with the first AOR we recieve.
Yessss....go ahead....no problem at all...

Oct 18, 2015
marianacimini said:
Hello, just want to share my timeline with you guys.

Got FSW ITA Abril 17, 2015
Medical done April 23, 2015
App Submitted May 8, 2015
Received AOR May 8, 2015
Credit card charged May 11, 2015
Medical Exam Passed May 26, 2015
Background check in progress May 26, 2015
Ecas Changed to In Progress August 15, 2015

I applied for the BOWP at the same day that I received the AOR (the first one) and I got it approved last friday (September 4th!) on mycic. I haven't received the actual work permit yet but it is approved anyways!

Since it took 4 months to process this application, I advise who wants to apply to apply asap!

Does anyone knows how long it takes for CIC to send the work permit by mail inside Canada?
Thanks for sharing your time line, i am in a similar situation and want to submit my application for BOWP, i have only received the first AOR. Can you tell me if you have LMIA or PNP??

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
xTina-McDimplez said:
Thanks for sharing your time line, i am in a similar situation and want to submit my application for BOWP, i have only received the first AOR. Can you tell me if you have LMIA or PNP??
I asked him already..he was pgwp holder...

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Hello All
I have Express entry PNP nomination and I have submitted my PR application and received !st AOR on 4th of Nov. My work permit will end on Dec 15th.
I called CIC call center and they told me I am not eligible to apply for Bridging open work permit as I dont have 2nd AOR. shall I apply for BOWP with 1st AOR.
Seniors guide meÉ

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juls78 said:
Hello All
I have Express entry PNP nomination and I have submitted my PR application and received !st AOR on 4th of Nov. My work permit will end on Dec 15th.
I called CIC call center and they told me I am not eligible to apply for Bridging open work permit as I dont have 2nd AOR. shall I apply for BOWP with 1st AOR.
Seniors guide meÉ
A friend of mine submitted PR since first week of July, still waiting 2nd AOR. I think you can use 1st AOR to appy BOWP if you running out work permit.

Singh90

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Nov 09
Please help. How I can change the address after submission of bowp because I moved to a new place
Thanks in advance

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singh90 said:
Please help. How I can change the address after submission of bowp because I moved to a new place
Thanks in advance
You can sent CSE.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
juls78 said:
Hello All
Seniors guide meÉ
Hi - Can you please let me know what do mean by 2nd AOR when we can get it?

Thanks
Ravi

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Some applicant received 2nd AOR after the VO has confirmed that the application has complete. But most of the people did not receive it. I don't know how system is working. Some senior forum members suggested that we can request 2nd AOR after 8 weeks of getting 1st AOR!!!!

In the Express Entry application process, a notice and a letter are sent to the applicant. Only the letter (Acknowledgment of Receipt) can be used to support a BOWP.

A notice (Electronic receipt of APR) is automatically issued to the applicants on receipt of their electronic application submission. This notice indicates the following: “Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This notice cannot be used to support a BOWP, as it does not reflect that the applicant has received a “positive eligibility assessment” as required for a BOWP.

A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is issued to the applicants once their application has passed a completeness check. This letter indicates the following: “CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This is the official Acknowledgement of Receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp