+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

Nv6044

Mar 17, 2015
Hello guyz, i have urgent question ..plz guide me..
i m going to apply bowp.
My scenario is - i m nominee from alberta with no restriction of employee and i have open work permit.
Shouldmy employee need to pay $230 & fill d imm5802 form????

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Hi all,

Its been almost 5 month for me after I submitted my application on July 15 under Express entry and there is no 2nd AOR yet.

My current work permit (which is closed and with LMIA) expires in December and am going to submit for BOWP.
If so, I need to apply for an Open Work permit for me and spouse by using Form IMM5710E? However my question is which Form I should use for my child?

In my case (Principal applicant) submit the BOWP with Form IMM5710?
Which Form my spouse should use? Is it the same Form IMM5710?
Also my child is now 3 year old and she is correctly with a temporary resident visa (its not a study permit) so for her which form i should use?

Also can i submit all the applications online? so that i can get the proof of submission.

Please help me.

tarikelmallah

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
ngelsa said:
My BOWP arrived at my home on May 5, 2015 and below is a link to it.

Here is my timeline:
March 1, 2015 - Application Submitted Online
April 1, 2015 - Application has been updated
April 29, 2015 - Application has been approved
May 5, 2015 - Received Work Permit in the mail

Please note that all personal information has been censored.

http://i.imgur.com/UpTUGOQ.jpg
Hi @ngelsa ,
I want to apply for BOWP, I need your help because I'm confused how to apply online for BOWP, I found links to application but it's regular extension for my current work permit and not specific for BOWP, it would be great and very useful if you guide me how to apply, is it just from this link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp" ? or from inside my account?
Thank you

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I submitted my PR application last night.
So guys, I got the AOR after I submitted the application.

I am CEC inland with 480.
Application submitted on 14th December!

Now my work permit is till May 12th 2016. Till when do I wait to apply for Bridging Work Permit? Please someone let me know if they are aware of this process. I am assuming I should get a positive go on my application? Correct?

Thanks!

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Hello All,

I submitted my PR application last night.
So guys, I got the AOR after I submitted the application.

I am CEC inland with 480.
Application submitted on 14th December!

Now my work permit is till May 12th 2016. Till when do I wait to apply for Bridging Work Permit? Please someone let me know if they are aware of this process. I am assuming I should get a positive go on my application? Correct?

Thanks!
The link for information is given below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Wait till march to apply for BOWP. The CEC category is processed faster than any other. I think you will get PPR till that time.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alpha4906 said:
The link for information is given below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Wait till march to apply for BOWP. The CEC category is processed faster than any other. I think you will get PPR till that time.
Great! Thanks. I was thinking as much. But March seems like too last minute to apply. But I have to wait for my PPR anyway.

Thank you!

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Great! Thanks. I was thinking as much. But March seems like too last minute to apply. But I have to wait for my PPR anyway.

Thank you!
You can apply anytime once you have 4 months left on work permit. You can work on implied status after BOWP submission.

Ganrock1981

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuskers said:
Hi all,

Its been almost 5 month for me after I submitted my application on July 15 under Express entry and there is no 2nd AOR yet.

My current work permit (which is closed and with LMIA) expires in December and am going to submit for BOWP.
If so, I need to apply for an Open Work permit for me and spouse by using Form IMM5710E? However my question is which Form I should use for my child?

In my case (Principal applicant) submit the BOWP with Form IMM5710?
Which Form my spouse should use? Is it the same Form IMM5710?
Also my child is now 3 year old and she is correctly with a temporary resident visa (its not a study permit) so for her which form i should use?

Also can i submit all the applications online? so that i can get the proof of submission.

Please help me.
Please use IMM5708E for child.

ukaz007

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Having issues with my online application for BOWP for the last couple of days. I was supposed to load some documents but now I keep getting a message that their online services are down.

Anybody experiencing same issues?

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alpha4906 said:
You can apply anytime once you have 4 months left on work permit. You can work on implied status after BOWP submission.
In that case I should be applying in Jan as I have my permit only till May 2016.Correct?

Thanks!

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
In that case I should be applying in Jan as I have my permit only till May 2016.Correct?

Thanks!
Yes, You can apply in Jan but the expiry must be within 4 months.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alpha4906 said:
Yes, You can apply in Jan but the expiry must be within 4 months.
And I should have a PPR as well. So 4 months left and a PPR? Why would they want to extend my work permit otherwise right.

Dec 15, 2015
Hello all,
I need to apply for a bridging visa as my current permit is up at the end of this month. Can anyone tell me where I apply online?? Is it through my current CIC account?!

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Buttercupblonde said:
Hello all,
I need to apply for a bridging visa as my current permit is up at the end of this month. Can anyone tell me where I apply online?? Is it through my current CIC account?!
yes.its from my cic .but how i dont know..coz i did paper and dont have access on mycic..its wth consultant....wait for others advice for online app..