+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

ukaz007

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
The work permit tool is down for the last few days. What to do, I am running out of time ???
It happened to me before and I had to delete an application and start over. Try that.

rkurtur

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we apply for bridge work permit and leave Canada and company until we get our open work permit?

My project is done and my company sending me back to my home country as I am on closed wp. So I need to join other company but I don't have open wp. Can I apply now for bridge work permit and go my home country?

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukaz007 said:
It happened to me before and I had to delete an application and start over. Try that.
Thanks I will try that. But is it wise to wait until March to apply for the work permit since I may get an update on my PR by then hopefully.

I am inland CEC and submitted my PR application on Dec 14th. Or should I apply right away?

Another query, I have regarding travelling after AOR. Can I travel to the US for a weekend, after I get my AOR? Will I have to update this to CIC if I did travel?
Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks

arbharga

Sep 9, 2014
Hi Experts,

My PR application is in process right now and I recently got married on dec 13 , 2015 . I got a PPR request for myself on 31 dec and I replied it to CIC with change in status that I got married recently and waiting for them to open the grid online to submit all the details for my wife.

Question is I am right now on a closed work permit status which is expiring on Feb 04,2016 ,So i am submitting online bridge open work permit application .with this can i apply visitor visa for my spouse as well in the same application as there is a question in it which mention is any of your family member wants to accompany you ? is it safer to apply a vistor visa of my wife or only i should just extend my work permit and wait for her ?

Please help ASAP.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

All the PGWP holders who applied for PR and are applying for the BOWP, can you please help me with these questions? What did you choose for these questions?

What would you like to do in Canada? ( I chose Work)
Work, Study, Move here

How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily less than 6 months, Temporarily more than 6 months, Permanently ( I chose Temporarily more than 6 months)

What is your current immigration status? Student, Worker, Temporary resident permit holder ( I chose Worker)

But I need to confirm if these are right answers. Cuz after I finished this questionaire, I was not asked to submit copy of AOR or the PR document checklist. I am really lost.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Sam6227

Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Hello All,

All the PGWP holders who applied for PR and are applying for the BOWP, can you please help me with these questions? What did you choose for these questions?

What would you like to do in Canada? ( I chose Work)
Work, Study, Move here

How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily less than 6 months, Temporarily more than 6 months, Permanently ( I chose Temporarily more than 6 months)

What is your current immigration status? Student, Worker, Temporary resident permit holder ( I chose Worker)

But I need to confirm if these are right answers. Cuz after I finished this questionaire, I was not asked to submit copy of AOR or the PR document checklist. I am really lost.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Hi TECC_Seneca,

1. What would you like to do in Canada?
Ans: should be work as you are applying for work permit.

2. How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Ans: More than 6 months as BOWP is valid for 1 year.

3. What is your current immigration status?
Ans: Worker. As you are currently a holder of PGWP.

They will not ask for PR documents separately. Include a Letter under Additional documents explaining your situation mentioning your UCI number, DOB, PR application no. and AOR receive date. Subject of the letter should be 'Application for Bridge Work Permit'. Also attach your current PGWP (all in one PDF)

I am in the same situation as you are and applied for BOWP in December.

Hope this helps..

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sam6227 said:
Hi TECC_Seneca,

1. What would you like to do in Canada?
Ans: should be work as you are applying for work permit.

2. How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Ans: More than 6 months as BOWP is valid for 1 year.

3. What is your current immigration status?
Ans: Worker. As you are currently a holder of PGWP.

They will not ask for PR documents separately. Include a Letter under Additional documents explaining your situation mentioning your UCI number, DOB, PR application no. and AOR receive date. Subject of the letter should be 'Application for Bridge Work Permit'. Also attach your current PGWP (all in one PDF)

I am in the same situation as you are and applied for BOWP in December.

Hope this helps..
Thank you so much for the prompt response. Also they ask for the document number of the work permit in the application. What is that?
And there is question asking about the start and end date of your current immigration status in canada. What dates do you provide here?

And the file size will be really big if I attach my document checklist for the PR. How did you do it? It doesn't allow anything more then 4 mb right? So attaching the entire doc checklist id going to make it a large large file. How does one tackle that? ???

Thanks a tonne!

Sam6227

Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Thank you so much for the prompt response. Also they ask for the document number of the work permit in the application. What is that?
And there is question asking about the start and end date of your current immigration status in canada. What dates do you provide here?

And the file size will be really big if I attach my document checklist for the PR. How did you do it? It doesn't allow anything more then 4 mb right? So attaching the entire doc checklist id going to make it a large large file. How does one tackle that? ???

Thanks a tonne!
1. Document number is on the top right corner of your work permit, the number starts with an alphabet.
2. Immigration status dates are your current work permit start and end date.
3. I did not attach any PR document checklist. I just sent; An explanation Letter + Current Work Permit + AOR pdf (all in one document.

You can try reducing PDF file when saving from File>SAVE AS. Or use Adobe Professional if you can. there are online PDF reduction tools as well but I wont recommend that as it requires you to upload your pdf which has sensitive information.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks once again. :) Oh yes, I know the online reduction tools, but I am sure if I attach the PR document checklist, the size is going to be huge and I doubt any tool can reduce that.
And also I thought the document checklist is mandatory to send? No?

When did you submit your BOWP application? When is your permit ending? Mine is ending in May.

Thank you!

Sam6227

Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Thanks once again. :) Oh yes, I know the online reduction tools, but I am sure if I attach the PR document checklist, the size is going to be huge and I doubt any tool can reduce that.
And also I thought the document checklist is mandatory to send? No?

When did you submit your BOWP application? When is your permit ending? Mine is ending in May.

Thank you!
Applied in december. My PGWP was expiring end of december (due to passport expiry). so I applied for both pgwp extension and bridge work permit. I did not attach PR document checklist, i dont think its mandatory, if it is then i didnt know about it when i applied :S

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sam6227 said:
Applied in december. My PGWP was expiring end of december (due to passport expiry). so I applied for both pgwp extension and bridge work permit. I did not attach PR document checklist, i dont think its mandatory, if it is then i didnt know about it when i applied :S
Thanks. Oh I see, so you got your BOWP or not yet?

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
How long does the second AOR take i.e the one that shows the application has passed the R10 check. I need this asap as my wp expires in March

Edit

This link confuses me http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

I got an AOR right when i submitted am i good to go with that application?

MapleMadMan

Nov 29, 2015
tonero said:
How long does the second AOR take i.e the one that shows the application has passed the R10 check. I need this asap as my wp expires in March

I got an AOR right when i submitted am i good to go with that application?
You don't need the second AOR to apply for a BOWP. I mentioned the following link in my application just to be on safe side.

www[dot]cic[dot]gc[dot]ca /english/resources/tools/updates/2015/2015-12-01[dot]asp

(Sorry for the broken link, I'm not allowed to post links for some reason...)

seemalz

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
yes maplemadman is right, you do not need the second AOR for your BOWP.

First AOR is fine, we all received ours that way.

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016