+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

Vorticity

Jan 18, 2015
Got approved today! Applied on March 14. :)
Thanks for sharing. They haven't updated the processing time on the site in a while so this is good to know. And it seems so abnormally long at nearly 100 days average lately.

How fast after approval in gcKey do you normally get the permit in the mail?

Benabena

Feb 25, 2019
I applied on March 5, got a message today to upload my provincial nominee certificate. Initially when i applied BOWP (under extend work perm) online, there was no specific way to upload either of my Provincial nominee certificate or AOR (i tried uploading on supplementary doc section but it wouldnt go through. So, in a way its good news that they asked for my certificate and I upload.. But they didnot ask for AOR yet ( which I have).
Does anyone faced issue like mine?
Also, I am so worried that is it going to delay my process again for few months? My PGWP expires on July 09. Any idea folks. Any idea much appreciated i am very tensed.

Madara

Aug 22, 2018
Thanks for sharing. They haven't updated the processing time on the site in a while so this is good to know. And it seems so abnormally long at nearly 100 days average lately.

How fast after approval in gcKey do you normally get the permit in the mail?
For me it took 82 days! ;) When I will get permit in mail, I will let you know.

Benabena

Feb 25, 2019
feb 2nd - just got refusal for not attaching a copy of your Provincial Nomination Certificate, I swear I did but to my understanding there's no appeal - another BOWP $$ down the drain
That is said. I did not apply initially as there was no portal to up my doc. But then they send me a request message and then only I could see an uploading portal. In the message, they also said that the portal is only active for a few days. then it goes to overdue. Did anything like that happen to you?

Benabena

Feb 25, 2019
I applied on March 5, got a message today to upload my provincial nominee certificate. Initially when i applied BOWP (under extend work perm) online, there was no specific way to upload either of my Provincial nominee certificate or AOR (i tried uploading on supplementary doc section but it wouldnt go through. So, in a way its good news that they asked for my certificate and I upload.. But they didnot ask for AOR yet ( which I have).
Does anyone faced issue like mine?
Also, I am so worried that is it going to delay my process again for a few months? My PGWP expires on July 09. Any idea folks. Any idea much appreciated I am very tensed.
My application just approved right now. I saw a ghost update (something like - profile updated) for a while this morning then it disappeared. After an hour I noticed that my application status went back to "submitted". However, in the detail description, it said - "reviewing eligibility". After 3 hours, I found that my application status again says "profile updated" and this time in the detail section it said, "a decision has been made" and the detail of my new WP was already down below. Finally, 30 minutes from then, now the status says APPROVED. (thanks to the universe!)

I was very worried as I have never submitted my AOR along with my BOWP online application (though I have one and my Provincial PR application is linked to my online CIC account already). When I applied for WP extension I did not find a portal to upload my PNC or AOR. I still do not know how others from here uploaded those with their application. There was no portal to upload my supporting docs on my online application and those wouldn't go through Optional doc portal (looked like Optional doc portal was only for uploading TRV form). Originally, I only uploaded WP extension form, passport, and photo, paid 255 in total through CIC account. Yesterday, I received an email and a message on my application to upload my PNC and I did upload that right away (again no portal for AOR submission).

I am writing my experience in case anybody is in confusion and tension as I had experienced during the last couple of days. Hope it helps someone.

BOWP apply: 05 March 2019
BOWP approval message on CIC account: 05 May 2019
Right now the processing time is 99 days, which means I got it sooner than the current processing time.

Update: I have received an e-mail notification about the status change the following day and in the message section there is an approval letter. The work permit is on the way.

Last edited:

Benabena

Feb 25, 2019
My application just approved right now. I saw a ghost update (something like - profile updated) for a while this morning then it disappeared. After an hour I noticed that my application status went back to "submitted". However, in the detail description, it said - "reviewing eligibility". After 3 hours, I found that my application status again says "profile updated" and this time in the detail section it said, "a decision has been made" and the detail of my new WP was already down below. Finally, 30 minutes from then, now the status says APPROVED. (thanks to the universe!)

I was very worried as I have never submitted my AOR along with my BOWP online application (though I have one and my Provincial PR application is linked to my online CIC account already). When I applied for WP extension I did not find a portal to upload my PNC or AOR. I still do not know how others from here uploaded those with their application. There was no portal to upload my supporting docs on my online application and those wouldn't go through Optional doc portal (looked like Optional doc portal was only for uploading TRV form). Originally, I only uploaded WP extension form, passport, and photo, paid 255 in total through CIC account. Yesterday, I received an email and a message on my application to upload my PNC and I did upload that right away (again no portal for AOR submission).

I am writing my experience in case anybody is in confusion and tension as I had experienced during the last couple of days. Hope it helps someone.

BOWP apply: 05 March 2019
BOWP approval message on CIC account: 05 June 2019
Right now the processing time is 99 days, which means I got it sooner than the current processing time.

Update: June 06 - I have received an e-mail notification about the status change the following day and in the message section there is an approval letter. The work permit is on the way.
Update: June 10- received the paper by mail. Its from Edmonton and I live in Vancouver.