+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Got a ghost update on my profile today... they started reviewing the eligibility requirements.
Applied on Feb 14...

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know that my WP was approved about an hour ago.

AoR: Feb 5.
BOWP Application: Feb 6.
Approved: May 15 (In review since yesterday afternoon).

Total waiting time was 98 days, which is pretty consistent with the tracker.

Also, I still haven't received an email. I just logged in and it was there.

Thank you all for the support and for sharing your updates. This thread really kept me sane during the last few weeks.

@Chinku04 Thanks for sharing your info over the last few days. It really helped me a lot.
Hey everyone, I just got it in the mail today (May 22). The return address is the Edmonton visa office. I live in southern Ontario.

Good luck to you all. Hope you get your PR's soon as well.

nsatyagl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
canada
Hai everyone,

I applied feb 14 2019. Got approved today no email or update email. I logged in to the account saw decision made and approved. I did a mistake in background information in imm5710 form. Sent a explanation letter to cic and they accepted it and approved. so don't worry guys if you do any mistake raise cic with explanation letter.

Hope all people get ppr’s soon

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hai everyone,

I applied feb 14 2019. Got approved today no email or update email. I logged in to the account saw decision made and approved. I did a mistake in background information in imm5710 form. Sent a explanation letter to cic and they accepted it and approved. so don't worry guys if you do any mistake raise cic with explanation letter.

Hope all people get ppr’s soon
Hi. Sorry, I just got your private message. Glad to know yours have been approved. Good luck with your PR application.

Benabena

Feb 25, 2019
Hello everyone,
IF my work permit expires and BOWP does not get approved by then - would I be able to keep working until a decision is made? I applied for BOWP on March 05. Waiting for it so badly. It feels like my heart is in my mouth.

Jun 3, 2019
Hello everyone,

I wanted advice on the best course of action I could take for my current situation.

• Me and my wife are currently living in Canada. I hold a Post Graduation Work Permit that expires on August 10th, 2019. My wife holds a Spouse Open Work Permit that is tied to mine and expires at the same time.
  • We applied for Permanent Residency under Canadian Experience Class on April 17th, 2019. I'm the principal applicant and my wife is a dependent.
  • We got a 'Acknowledgment of receipt' letter on April 17th and our medical exam results were approved in our PR application dashboard on May 31st.
Questions:
  1. Can I apply for BOWP for both me and my wife at the same time? (From my initial research it doesn't look like I can. I gather that I will need to apply for it first and then my wife will have to send in her application after I get approved. This doesn't work for us because our work permits expire in a little over 2 months and she won't be able to apply and get approved on time.)
  2. If I can't apply for BOWP for both me and my wife simultaneously, can I apply for BOWP only for myself and apply for Visitor Visa for my wife? I realize that visitor visas get rejected all the time and since she can't prove that she'll leave the country at the end of her stay, given our PR application, do we stand any chance at all?
  3. Is there a better course of action other than the ones above that we could take?
  4. While checking our eligibility for Open Work Permits, I was having trouble with the following questions:
    a) "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?" - Is this another letter I need to wait for to arrive before applying for BOWP?
    b) "Do you have a written job offer?" - I've been working for my employer for almost 2 years. I can provide an experience letter but I don't have an offer letter because I'm already employed. Do I answer the question as "Yes" or "No".
Thank you for your time.

Cheers