CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Still nothing. I applied on Feb 6. It's been exactly 97 days. :(

If I don't get an update by 1pm today (ET) I'm gonna call them.
Let us know what happened in your call to CIC.

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
So, I just called them. They picked up the first time I called (I was on hold for about 25 minutes) and the agent was super kind and willing to help. (Thanks Sandra).

She told me my application looks good but they haven't started processing it yet, she couldn't do anything to speed up the process. She double checked all of the information they have on file (addresses, emails, phone numbers) just to make sure I get the info as soon as there's an update. I explained to her that I was supposed to start a new contract next week but they wanted to see my work permit before.

She offered to send me an email with the official processing times (currently working on 20 jan) from IRCC's address so I can forward it to my boss. When the call ended I got the email.

I'll forward him (and HR) the email and hopefully they will understand. I'll let you whenever I get an update in my account.

Reactions: Chinku04

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
I got a ghost update on my BOWP application today..... Dont know is it good or bad. :(

BOWP applied 7th Feb

Last edited:

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
I got a ghost update on my BOWP application today..... Dont know is it good or bad. :(

BOWP applied 7th Feb
Oh, I just got it too. My status changed to "We are reviewing...". Hopefully we'll get it approved tomorrow.

Most likely everything is alright.

Good luck.

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
I got a ghost update on my BOWP application today.....
Oh, I just got it too. My status changed to "We are reviewing...". Hopefully we'll get it approved tomorrow.

Most likely everything is alright.

Good luck.
Mine Got Approved Just now...
Logout and login in Again in to the account..

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Mine Got Approved Just now...
Logout and login in Again in to the account..
Did you get an email? I did that but mine is still under review.

At least am more relaxed now that I know it will come through in the next couple of days.

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Did you get an email? I did that but mine is still under review.

At least am more relaxed now that I know it will come through in the next couple of days.
Nop, No emails came in.
I m really surprised....

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
my PR AOR is 6th Feb

What is urs.?
Mine is Feb 5.

Tbh, I don't think there's a lot of work involved in processing a BOWP. The officer will probably check some dates, check if your PR application is really in progress and haven't been refused, and aprove it on the spot. What takes a bit of time probably is for that information to be transferred from their system (GCMS) to the web based system that we have access. For the emails to be sent and all of that stuff. (I'm in IT so I'm making an educated guess).

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello guys,

Ita : jan 30
Aor: Feb 27
Medicsl passed: April 12
Ghost update: May 13
Ppr email: may 14

Will my bowp application be rejected automatically or do i ask cic to decline it as my pr had gotten approved.