CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Mine is Feb 5.

Tbh, I don't think there's a lot of work involved in processing a BOWP. The officer will probably check some dates, check if your PR application is really in progress and haven't been refused, and aprove it on the spot. What takes a bit of time probably is for that information to be transferred from their system (GCMS) to the web based system that we have access. For the emails to be sent and all of that stuff. (I'm in IT so I'm making an educated guess).
@ivan.bc
Doesn't matter whichever systems it may be but the wait time is killing .....

@Adpr
Why does it matter to you now..? you have got ur golden email..

Last edited:

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hello guys,

Ita : jan 30
Aor: Feb 27
Medicsl passed: April 12
Ghost update: May 13
Ppr email: may 14

Will my bowp application be rejected automatically or do i ask cic to decline it as my pr had gotten approved.
From what I read from other topics, It will be done automatically after you land as a PR.

I wouldn't withdraw my application before landing as a PR unless I had a WP that was valid for at least a few months.

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Hi All,

My highlights of the BOWP application
Applied - 7th Feb
Approved - 14th May
Approved for 1 year

Documents Required

Application Form(s)
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710) (required)

Supporting Documents
- Passport (required) - Passport + Open Work Permit

- Digital photo (required)

- Proof of upfront medical exam (required)

- Client Information - AOR from EE Profile.

Below Video is quite helpful for getting correct forms and application,

Please inbox me if you have any queries......

Last edited:

tahirnm

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Does anyone have any idea what to do with Sin no. when working on implied status...have applied for BOWP but it hasn't come through yet and Sin no. expires end of the month...what happens to my tax deductions while I am working on implied status?

Reactions: Benbou012

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Does anyone have any idea what to do with Sin no. when working on implied status...have applied for BOWP but it hasn't come through yet and Sin no. expires end of the month...what happens to my tax deductions while I am working on implied status?
I believe you can use your expired SIN, as long as you update the expiration date when you get the new WP.

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Not really. Still stuck on "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.". Hopefully, it will be approved today.
Yes it will.. I m sure...

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know that my WP was approved about an hour ago.

AoR: Feb 5.
BOWP Application: Feb 6.
Approved: May 15 (In review since yesterday afternoon).

Total waiting time was 98 days, which is pretty consistent with the tracker.

Also, I still haven't received an email. I just logged in and it was there.

Thank you all for the support and for sharing your updates. This thread really kept me sane during the last few weeks.

@Chinku04 Thanks for sharing your info over the last few days. It really helped me a lot.

Reactions: Benabena

dyerden

May 1, 2019
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I've received a physical copy of my WP that was approved last Tuesday.

Got it in the mail today, it took 8 days for it to reach Vancouver. I believe it was sent from Edmonton Immigration office.

Hope that'll help some of you to estimate when you'll get yours :)

Benbou012

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi bro

Did u find any answer for your question Cz my work permit will expire soon and I just apply for new one. Thx in advance to share