Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
We live in Canada so we care about law . Other countries they have a lot of refugees in year because it s easy to go there from asia or africa but who they can arrive in Canada ? It s so hard . In canada most of immigrant come by sponser of business while in Europe priority is refugee because they run away from war. that s why apply for citizenship need more time then canada.and it s totally wrong to compare canada with other countries

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
So now what?
Is it 3/5 and half pre-PR is counted up to one year?
Or 3/5 only after PR counted?
Or 4/6 with half pre-PR up to one year?
Or only 4/6 after PR, no pre-PR?

MTweet12

Sep 1, 2013
@canadasucks I completely agree with most of what you said. I came to Canada as a student 7 years ago with the plan to settle here and become a citizen. Most of the people I know who went to European countries around the same time became citizens a while back. You're right, the system here is very deceiving. When they say 6 years in France for example, it's really 6 years (with many cases where you can get reduction). Here they say 3 or 4 but in fact it's much longer than that unless you land here as an immigrant which is not the case for many people. You bear the -40 something in winters, long distances and timezone differences only to have some like Linda say with much audacity that Canadian residency requirements are not enough.
Very costly mistake indeed.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
MTweet12 said:
@canadasucks I completely agree with most of what you said. I came to Canada as a student 7 years ago with the plan to settle here and become a citizen. Most of the people I know who went to European countries around the same time became citizens a while back. You're right, the system here is very deceiving. When they say 6 years in France for example, it's really 6 years (with many cases where you can get reduction). Here they say 3 or 4 but in fact it's much longer than that unless you land here as an immigrant which is not the case for many people. You bear the -40 something in winters, long distances and timezone differences only to have some like Linda say with much audacity that Canadian residency requirements are not enough.
Very costly mistake indeed.
This is why it's absurd for immigrants to support c24. It's draconian and unfair, just like the "Canadian experience" excuse that corporations make when immigrants try to get a job. They invite you to come to their country because "you are the best", but once you get in you are treated like 2nd class citizens. C24 epitomizes the system.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also keep in mind, in Europe, there is a thing call Human Rights and Compassion and apply to anyone and all aspects of society. While in North America, in reality Human Rights is a privilege enjoyed by certain groups of people but not everyone.

For example, there is an EU-wide rule, anyone stay in any EU country legally for 10 years or illegally for 14 years, no matter what's the visa status, shall be eligible for PR.

Another example, in UK for citizenship residency requirement, if your absence exceed limit, Compassion rule will kick in, if just off a few days, it's normally discarded, if more but due to compassion reasons, it's also considered. While in Canada, many people were rejected after many years of waiting by 1 day off, sometimes even it's government's fault (such as CBSA officer put previous day's stamp after midnight), in my European values, it's very cold blooded.

That's why the mythology of making and enforcing laws is so different between Europe and Canada/USA. That's why the media in North America like to brainwash people about the "refugee crisis" in Europe and they don't like the European values of Human Rights and Compassion.

MTweet12

Sep 1, 2013
Joshua1 said:
This is why it's absurd for immigrants to support c24. It's draconian and unfair, just like the "Canadian experience" excuse that corporations make when immigrants try to get a job. They invite you to come to their country because "you are the best", but once you get in you are treated like 2nd class citizens. C24 epitomizes the system.
I spent thousands of dollars on renewing study permits then work permits, visas, CAQs, CSQs, PR ... Very rigid process, while in many other countries, it's actually an application you fill out and submit once you met a certain number of years (regardless of whether you were a PR for that time or not).
I studied for 2 years then been working and paying taxes for 5 more years, and still have 3 years ahead at least under C24. The longest process ever. If this was advertised correctly I would have surely picked another destination.
Side note: Canada is the only country that I know of where every day you spend abroad is taken off your credit. All countries allow 2 to 3 months a year without discounting them off your credit.

They can do whatever they want to do even make it 50 years if they want, but they should stop advertising Canada as immigrants friendly and a destination for international students who want to settle after.

It's not a habit I have to rant like this but it's really pissing me off to spend all this time and then hear Cons in the senate talk about how lenient they are on immigration. SIGH.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
What's also important is that in Europe, residence isn't defined by physical presence. To get German citizenship you have to reside in Germany for 3, 7 or 8 years (depending on other requirements). But that means you can go on vacations as much as you want, you just have to have your primary residence in Germany (which usually you show through work contracts, rental agreements, tax returns). There is no physical presence requirement. You could even go on a one-month road trip outside Germany. Still the counter is running.

This is the same for other EU countries.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
MTweet12 said:
I spent thousands of dollars on renewing study permits then work permits, visas, CAQs, CSQs, PR ... Very rigid process, while in many other countries, it's actually an application you fill out and submit once you met a certain number of years (regardless of whether you were a PR for that time or not).
I studied for 2 years then been working and paying taxes for 5 more years, and still have 3 years ahead at least under C24. The longest process ever. If this was advertised correctly I would have surely picked another destination.
Side note: Canada is the only country that I know of where every day you spend abroad is taken off your credit. All countries allow 2 to 3 months a year without discounting them off your credit.

They can do whatever they want to do even make it 50 years if they want, but they should stop advertising Canada as immigrants friendly and a destination for international students who want to settle after.

It's not a habit I have to rant like this but it's really pissing me off to spend all this time and then hear Cons in the senate talk about how lenient they are on immigration. SIGH.
Word.

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
thanks guys for all these infos about residency in europe and all others countries, i wish can someone send these infos to the senators and specially to the queen linda frum

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cons have ensured they will not get the votes of new citizens. Their contempt for immigrants can be clearly seen.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilen said:
thanks guys for all these infos about residency in europe and all others countries, i wish can someone send these infos to the senators and specially to the queen linda frum
This is not just about Senators. It reflects the different values of this country from Europe, that is authoritarian rules, people obey, no Human Rights and Compassion.

In UK a few years back, same thing happened, the previous government made a ridiculous citizenship act, but when new government got elected, they used their executive power to stop the act within days in office, they knew it's impacting thousands people's life, it's against Human Rights and should be stopped immediately without any bureaucracy in parliament.

In comparison, this whole C-6 drama is a total joke but a very sad reality of this country.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
C-6 is first on the list today so hopefully they'll be done with the intro and question time soon and then straight into things!