+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Chu2017

Apr 13, 2017
Hello everyone, new member here. What I have read so far, if there is only minimum 183 days requirement applicable and not 4/6, then logically a person has to live 183*4 i.e. 732 days in Canada in the last 4 out of 6 years. How is this possible?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Chu2017 said:
Hello everyone, new member here. What I have read so far, if there is only minimum 183 days requirement applicable and not 4/6, then logically a person has to live 183*4 i.e. 732 days in Canada in the last 4 out of 6 years. How is this possible?

Guys, Frum won't leave 3/5 in there. She has venom against it. If it is not there yet, she has full right to put in next.

Chu2017

Apr 13, 2017
quasar81 said:
Guys, Frum won't leave 3/5 in there. She has venom against it. If it is not there yet, she has full right to put in next.
Yes. It's true. Minimum 183 days counter 3/5 rule directly and no need is required to separately mentioning it. However, putting 1460 days back would bring the bill to the existing shape.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
sunmoon22 said:
Could someone summarize the most recent status of Bill C6? Thanks!
Check this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bill-c6-current-status-facts-only-t479656.0.html

And ignore that quasar81 guy. He's hysterical.

Razorius

Apr 13, 2017
Hi everybody,

I have been following this site and the C6 related threads ever since this bill was introduced in the HOC back a couple years.

While its interesting to note all the hysteria and speculation sorrounding this bill and the direct consequences of the bill not yet being passed into Law, I feel that we over-express our anxieties by way of needless posts to frustrate ourselves and those around us. As this is my first post on this site, I will be short.

I am a newly minted Ontario lawyer and an Immigrant and am patiently waiting on this Bill to pass not only for myself but also for assisting potential clients so that their transition to this amazing country can be made smoother should I ever choose to practise Immigration Law. Under the old Law before C24 I would have been a citizen by no and C24 did screw me over so I understand the pain.

I know its a total bummer and inspite of all the twitter trolling and venom spewing here or on other platforms, what power do we common folk really have over politicians and Senators most of all? Im disgusted with the conduct of all the parties, politicians, etc screwing, fussing over this bill and am frustrated but I know that all we can do really is WAIT.....we may sign the petitions(and I have), we can email senators, politicians, etc but we are kidding ourselves if that is going to lead to much except dissapointment. We can keep doing that nevertheless.

Lastly, The magic word is WAIT.....either for this bill to pass and become Law OR for it to be scrapped OR to qualify under C24....These are all the only realistic options we really have in this situation....just my 2 cents worth......Oh and lets learn to love what this country offers us and do our part to give back to the community if/when we can....volunteer, help out , do your part to show what the future citizens of Canada are really made up of.....so that the so-called "Old stock Canadians" realize there is profit in supporting Immigrants and their rights to participate in this country to the fullest extent possible and not be denied opportunity based on a piece of paper that says "not eligible".

Have a great day folks!!!

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knightofOrthodoxy said:
Despite her tweets and that it is logical to expect to throw away the 3/5 rule and retain the 4/6. however, the evidence is that the proposed residency ammendments are to only retain the 183 days per year residency.

Check the link https://sencanada.ca/en/Content/Sen/chamber/421/debates/112db_2017-04-12-e

She says "This motion today seeks to maintain the current residency requirements that a permanent resident must be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days during each of the four years of six years before applying for citizenship."

Whether it is a mistake on her part that she forgot also to amend the clause of retaining 1460 days instead of 1095 to explictely ensure that it is 4/6 rather than 3/5 or whether it is intentional as a compromise, I don't know.

But with this proposition, it means for anyone with no Pre-PR credit, they have to wait 3.5 years since they land to be elligible to apply
Three years would be enough if 182.5 can be rounded up as the way before C-24.

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Razorius said:
Hi everybody,

I have been following this site and the C6 related threads ever since this bill was introduced in the HOC back a couple years.

While its interesting to note all the hysteria and speculation sorrounding this bill and the direct consequences of the bill not yet being passed into Law, I feel that we over-express our anxieties by way of needless posts to frustrate ourselves and those around us. As this is my first post on this site, I will be short.

I am a newly minted Ontario lawyer and an Immigrant and am patiently waiting on this Bill to pass not only for myself but also for assisting potential clients so that their transition to this amazing country can be made smoother should I ever choose to practise Immigration Law. Under the old Law before C24 I would have been a citizen by no and C24 did screw me over so I understand the pain.

I know its a total bummer and inspite of all the twitter trolling and venom spewing here or on other platforms, what power do we common folk really have over politicians and Senators most of all? Im disgusted with the conduct of all the parties, politicians, etc screwing, fussing over this bill and am frustrated but I know that all we can do really is WAIT.....we may sign the petitions(and I have), we can email senators, politicians, etc but we are kidding ourselves if that is going to lead to much except dissapointment. We can keep doing that nevertheless.

Lastly, The magic word is WAIT.....either for this bill to pass and become Law OR for it to be scrapped OR to qualify under C24....These are all the only realistic options we really have in this situation....just my 2 cents worth......Oh and lets learn to love what this country offers us and do our part to give back to the community if/when we can....volunteer, help out , do your part to show what the future citizens of Canada are really made up of.....so that the so-called "Old stock Canadians" realize there is profit in supporting Immigrants and their rights to participate in this country to the fullest extent possible and not be denied opportunity based on a piece of paper that says "not eligible".

Have a great day folks!!!
+1

MTweet12

Sep 1, 2013
Lots of pessimism. Even if the residency amendment was voted on, I believe there's a high chance it will be turned down. It's true Cons have the majority of the Senate but that goes for all bills and not just C6. If they could simply use this majority whenever they wanted, then what's the point of HoC and the government? I agree JT and his government are not as hawkish as the cons, but that doesn't mean they will stand still to cons games.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
MTweet12 said:
Lots of pessimism. Even if the residency amendment was voted on, I believe there's a high chance it will be turned down. It's true Cons have the majority of the Senate but that goes for all bills and not just C6. If they could simply use this majority whenever they wanted, then what's the point of HoC and the government? I agree JT and his government are not as hawkish as the cons, but that doesn't mean they will stand still to cons games.
Trump is much better than cons

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
linda yesterday mentioned that in usa 5 years , immigrant must spend 30 months only full and next 30 months must not exit usa more that 6 months something like that , much easier

she compared canada the north pole -42 to france to swiss to uk

If immigrants had chance to immigrate legally to these countries, they will not come to canada :p

If canada stop the welfare , family aid , every one will leave even born in canada

Wake up linda

RAZAAS

Feb 5, 2017
We should be hopeful that the bill will be passed on 3rd May. This was mentioned again yesterday. I hope they would reach a compromise by then.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monalisa said:
If immigrants had chance to immigrate legally to these countries, they will not come to canada :p
She's absolutely right. I immigrated to UK and was very satisfied about the whole experience. Then I came to Canada, huge mistake and regretted. That's why I'm leaving. It's a very costly life lesson for me.