Bill C-6: Senate stage

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Victory day? Please don't put down our veterans who gave their life to get victory. Shame on you. I can't even hold my tears by thinking how someone like you allow to stay in canada. Victory day just because law changes to 4 to 3 years of residency required?
Step 1: Learn to read
Step 2: Notice the difference between the words "victory" and "victoria"
Step 3: Observe that the post you quoted was posted around May 24
Step 4: Rethink what you did
Step 5: Go leave people alone and troll somewhere else. And if you do it, maybe get your facts right.

Seriously.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I guess some people still don’t know Canada history Victoria Day is the queen birthday and Remembrance Day is Veterans Day.

drvikassetia

Aug 5, 2014
First of all, it makes zero sense to look at the CIC website to understand the new rules that C-6 will implement. The whole point of C-6 is to change the rules explained on the CIC website.

Secondly, this is how it goes in the future:
- Either a minor applies with their parents/the minors parents are already citizens. In that case, the residency requirement does not apply. This is the current procedure.
- Or a minor applies independently like any other person. In that case, the minor has to fulfill all requirements, including the physical presence requirement. This is the new procedure the bill is introducing.

Of course you can't just cherrypick the best of both worlds and apply without your parents but still don't need to fulfil the residency requirement. That would mean every minor refugee could just apply tomorrow.

Source: I read through the test of bill C-6, the amendment and the current act from beginning to end. But to go through all the paragraphs here would take me hours.
but why would parents apply if they are already citizens

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
but why would parents apply if they are already citizens
They wouldn't.
It's just that minors have 2 different ways to apply : either with the 3 years residency requirements if they apply alone, or without those requirements if (at least) one of their parents is a citizen, or applying with them as a family.