+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Tech Pilot

marzozila

Jul 26, 2018
I know some people wait for 3 months before they got nominated, but they applied for an express entry nomination. But be patient, it may take up to 3 months for paper-based nowaday.
Thank you, Zahadum. But wasn't it supposed to be faster than that under the Tech Pilot?

paddy9051011

Jun 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering about getting a new work permit after the bc pnp nomination comes through. is it true you can flag pole and be given a new 2 year working visa with your bc pnp while you wait for PR to be processed? and if so, can my spouse get one too via my nomination?

thanks

Reactions: sandipapatel
Jul 26, 2018
I’ve received my nomination under skilled worker paper based, here is my unbelievable timeline.

Created : 2018 jun 28
ITA : 2018 jul 04
Application submitted: 2018 jul 24
In progress : 2018 jul 25 (My birthday)
Decision finalized 2018 jul 25 (no calls/emails)
Nomination email : 2018 jul 26

NOC 2174 - 5 years
Also have experience with Noc 0213
Both tech pilot NOC.

Not sure what hap

My currently work visa expires in 2 months, so I’ve also received my work permit support letter with the nomination.

Quick updates: Inland, working for the same employer for the last 8 months, employer also had some positive LMIAs last week.

Reactions: rickyhai11 and Mpak

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
Here is my timeline experience with BC PNP TechPilot NOC: 2172
It makes people anxious while waiting so I want to share my timeline for those of you that are still waiting.
Hope it helps!

I applied for two BC PNP because I mistakenly applied to the wrong one and did not realize it until I got nominated so I reapplied again.

My score for PNP application is 106 and I am an inland applicant

The first one I applied was the Skill Immigration - International Graduate (Not through Express Entry)
File Registration: July 17 2018
ITA : July 18 2018 (Tech Draw)
Submitted application: July 19 2018
Status change to IP: July 24th
Nominated: July 24th

Then I realized I could only apply through paper base for my PR in the Federal application which it takes too long so I decided to apply to the PC PNP EE

EEBC - International Graduate
File Registration: July 24th
ITA: July 25th
Submitted application: July 25th
Status change to IP: August 1st (got a phone call from my case review officer and asking me to submitted another copy of employment contract since I missed a signature on there)
Submitted the additional document: August 2nd
Nominated: August 8th
Got my 600 points after a few mins of accepting my nomination on my Express Entry profile.

My CRS was 440 before nomination and now is sitting at 1040.

Feel free to ask me questions if you can't find a answer on the BC PNP website, it is very confusing sometimes, I totally understand because I have been there!

tofy79

Nov 18, 2014
UAE Dubai
NOC Code......
Here is my timeline experience with BC PNP TechPilot NOC: 2172
It makes people anxious while waiting so I want to share my timeline for those of you that are still waiting.
Hope it helps!

I applied for two BC PNP because I mistakenly applied to the wrong one and did not realize it until I got nominated so I reapplied again.

My score for PNP application is 106 and I am an inland applicant

The first one I applied was the Skill Immigration - International Graduate (Not through Express Entry)
File Registration: July 17 2018
ITA : July 18 2018 (Tech Draw)
Submitted application: July 19 2018
Status change to IP: July 24th
Nominated: July 24th

Then I realized I could only apply through paper base for my PR in the Federal application which it takes too long so I decided to apply to the PC PNP EE

EEBC - International Graduate
File Registration: July 24th
ITA: July 25th
Submitted application: July 25th
Status change to IP: August 1st (got a phone call from my case review officer and asking me to submitted another copy of employment contract since I missed a signature on there)
Submitted the additional document: August 2nd
Nominated: August 8th
Got my 600 points after a few mins of accepting my nomination on my Express Entry profile.

My CRS was 440 before nomination and now is sitting at 1040.

Feel free to ask me questions if you can't find a answer on the BC PNP website, it is very confusing sometimes, I totally understand because I have been there!

All the best during remaining stages in Immigration trip.

I am also in same NOC 2172, with more than 12 years of experience in this filed , working in Dubai,
But my main issue that how can I get valid and true job offer from any place in B.C while I am outside Canada????
Honestly this is my major obstacle to get valid Job offer while I am overseas, Really I dont know what shall I do??? and how many people who overseas getting job offer??? any one can help me in this regards as I dint have any connections with IT people indeed B.C/Canada

Reactions: Mpak

Newmem1234

Aug 12, 2018
Hi All,

I have a question on BC PNP Tech Pilot Programme.

I am currently working in Toronto(ON) and my employer having clients/customers across Canada including British Columbia province.

My current offer letter and work permit shows that "Authorised to work at Client Sites across Canada".

I am interested to relocate and settle down in BC. If i get BC PNP nomination/PR then my employer will allow me to relocate to British Columbia. So, I am planning to apply BC PNP through Skilled Immigration Tech Pilot programme.

My current NOC fall under the 29 eligible BC NOC's and I am getting more than 120 points.

Can I apply BC PNP Tech Pilot programme with my current offer letter and employer?

Any suggestions or inputs in this regards highly appreciated.

Newmem1234

Aug 12, 2018
I’ve received my nomination under skilled worker paper based, here is my unbelievable timeline.

Created : 2018 jun 28
ITA : 2018 jul 04
Application submitted: 2018 jul 24
In progress : 2018 jul 25 (My birthday)
Decision finalized 2018 jul 25 (no calls/emails)
Nomination email : 2018 jul 26

NOC 2174 - 5 years
Also have experience with Noc 0213
Both tech pilot NOC.

Not sure what hap

My currently work visa expires in 2 months, so I’ve also received my work permit support letter with the nomination.

Quick updates: Inland, working for the same employer for the last 8 months, employer also had some positive LMIAs last week.
Hi,

what are all the documents needs to submit from employee side and employer side.

Currently working on another province and my employer having clients across Canada. So, Can i use my current offer and employer for applying BC PNP tech pilot programme.

Thanks,

marzozila

Jul 26, 2018
I know some people wait for 3 months before they got nominated, but they applied for an express entry nomination. But be patient, it may take up to 3 months for paper-based nowaday.
Thanks. I am still waiting. My current work permit expires in 1 month so I am very stressed.
My application wasn't paper-based though, we did it online.
Since it is being reviewed as a Tech Pilot application, I hoped it would get processed sooner than this...

Newmem1234

Aug 12, 2018
Thanks. I am still waiting. My current work permit expires in 1 month so I am very stressed.
Since it is being reviewed as a Tech Pilot application, I hoped it would get processed sooner than this...
Hi,
Are you working in BC province or outside of BC?
Could you please list what are all the documents we need to submit for BC Tech Pilot PNP.
I have some queries on the Tech Pilot Programme. Could you please provide me your contact or mail ID. So that i can reach out to you.

marzozila

Jul 26, 2018
Hi,
Are you working in BC province or outside of BC?
Could you please list what are all the documents we need to submit for BC Tech Pilot PNP.
I have some queries on the Tech Pilot Programme. Could you please provide me your contact or mail ID. So that i can reach out to you.
I am working in BC, I am already here.
As far as I know, the documents you need to submit will depend on the category you are applying for. You can check this information on their official website https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Documents
I have seen your questions above, I am afraid I don't have the knowledge to help you with them. I would recommend you to meet an immigration consultant/lawyer to clarify those doubts.
Good luck!

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
Is there any minimum wage required for NOC 2171 to apply BC PNP. Lawyer saying it has been changed to $23.08. Please let me know.
What are the options if my min wage is not $23.08? How can I apply BC PNP for the NOC code 2171?
Yes, there is and it depends where you intends to live and your family size.

Family Income Threshold by Area of Residence

Size of Family Greater Vancouver ; Regional District Rest of B.C.
1 $22,804 ; $19,006
2 $28,390 ; $23,659
3 $34,902 ; $29,087
4 $42,376 ; $35,316
5 $48,062 ; $40,054
6 $54,205 ; $45,175
7 or more $60,350 ; $50,296

hope this helps

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
Thank you, Yes I know family income threshold by area but my question is depending upon the NOC code here my NOC code is 2171 and it will falls under Skill A is it mandatory that minimum hourly wage should be $23.8? Please see the below link;
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/wages-occupation/22490/BC
From my personal understanding, that is not a requirement list. The website just shows you the market value in Canada for a particular job position. No where on the website says you need to at least meet the "low" wage in order to be qualified for BC PNP.

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
How is it?
What stream did you apply for? is it Skilled Worker(online for BCPNP then paper-based for Federal step so people usually people mention it as paper-based) or EEBC Skilled Worker(online for both BCPNP and Federal step)?

Last edited:

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hi Friend,
I am trying to apply for online for both BCPNP and Federal and my NOC code is 2171 System Analyst (IT). And the location is Greater Vancouver.
I am not sure what is the logic that my Lawyer is asking that the minimum hourly wage should 23.8 for the NOC code 2171 for BC PNP.
I think they based on this information. CIC may raise some questions if hourly wage below the lowest wage.
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/wagereport/occupation/22496