15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hi,
I like to apply for BC PNP tech pilot. I am a bit confused about it. Is there a separate link for this program than the one you currently use to register for BC PNP? Or do they automatically consider you for the tech pilot once you register? Someone on the forum also posted a list of requirements for tech pilot, and English test was not one of them? Is there no English test requirement for tech pilot? I may digress a bit here, but there are certain numbers the application asks for, but I guess they will be given to you after wards once they accept your registration !?
They will automatically consider you for the tech pilot based on your NOC code.
English test is required under express entry and your CLB must be 6, but not for paper-based.

Chiomankem

May 14, 2018
Hi, I'm a newbie here and I'm interested in BC PNP. I have an IELTS score of L-7, W-6.5, R-5.5,4 S-7.5, .i am also a registered nurse. Please how can I apply to BC or how can I secure a job from my country

kehsani

Jun 17, 2018
They will automatically consider you for the tech pilot based on your NOC code.
English test is required under express entry and your CLB must be 6, but not for paper-based.
Hi Zahadum, Thank you very much for your reply. " but not for paper-based" does that mean if I do not apply online I do not need English test or I do not need CLB 6? I got my PhD in computer simulations in the field of cardiology from UK, but the certificate simply says doctor of philosophy with no degree type or department. What would that make my NOC? Thanks again.

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hi Zahadum, Thank you very much for your reply. " but not for paper-based" does that mean if I do not apply online I do not need English test or I do not need CLB 6? I got my PhD in computer simulations in the field of cardiology from UK, but the certificate simply says doctor of philosophy with no degree type or department. What would that make my NOC? Thanks again.
- If your job's skill level is A then you don't need to do the test for paper-based application. Personally, I recommend you apply for express entry. It only takes 6 months at federal step compare to 19 months with paper-based.

- NOC based on your job offer's duties not on your degree. You can go to CIC website and try to get a NOC that fit into your job offer, then check if that NOC existed in the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Reactions: sandipapatel

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
I joined a full time job in BC and in probationary period for first 6 months. Can I apply BC PNP Tech Pilot program now or need to wait till my probation period completes?

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
I joined a full time job in BC and in probationary period for first 6 months. Can I apply BC PNP Tech Pilot program now or need to wait till my probation period completes?
I got a job offer in BC with 6 months probation too. After 6 months, I asked my employer to support me with gathering documents for BC PNP. Then I applied and got approved pretty fast.
So I think you must wait. Someone in the below link said that BC PNP asked him to give them another job offer letter because they think he still on probation. With my case, I didn't even give them a new job offer letter, I gave them the one that I got on my first day at work which state 6 months probation.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bc-pnp-2016-applicants-join-here.391722/page-88#post-5849605

spremkr2001

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, Did any of you get job offer from outside Canada to support your BCPNP application? Please share your experience about how did you approach the employer or find employer in Canada for tech pilot program. My NOC is 2132 (Mechanical Engineer) which is in tech pilot program list but wondering if there is anyone in this group who received job offer from India.

From outside Canada, you don't get job offer and without job offer you don't get BCPNP nomination, so it is catch 22 situation for me. Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks.

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I am currently working in India and would like to apply for Canada PR. My CRS score is 402 and expecting NOI for Ontario PNP. I would like to apply for BC PNP. I do not have any job offer. Can someone guide me how to start with?

Taranjeet807

Jul 13, 2018
Hi all, I would like to open a thread here for those working towards the BC PNP Tech Pilot program
I would like to share the experience, the processing time, questions and answers.

These are my details:
Registration submitted: 2018-01-11
Invitation to apply: 2018-01-17
Application submitted: 2018-01-22
Score: 124
NOC-2171

If you guys have questions, want to share details of your previous application feel free to share here.
Hi Embedded82,

Just wanted to ask on thing regarding your timeline. When you say you got the result in 3.5 months does that mean 3.5 months after you got the invite through BC Tech Pilot Draw?

Will await your response. My Timelines:

Tech Pilot Invitation: June 2018 1st Week
Applied: 26th June 2018
Awaiting decision

Reactions: sandipapatel

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Hi All,

I have queries regarding BC Tech Pilot PNP Program. I am from IT background having 5+ years of experience. My CRS is 374 currently. I am looking on BC Tech PNP program to migrate in BC.
  • One of my known runs his own grocery business. Can he invite me their with the position of software engineer. The case is, he want to automate his business, building web site etc.
  • Will he need LIMA for that.
  • If he starts the process then how much time will it take?
  • What are the IELTS requirements?

Thanks

danac2018

Apr 11, 2018
Hi,

can anyone share experiences of getting job offers while they were outside Canada?

I noticed that a lot of people have already asked this, but nobody answered to them. So it got me thinking that this pilot program maybe considers only Tech people that are working already in BC.

Please let me know if this conclusion of mine is wrong and please share experiences!

Thank you

Reactions: tofy79

marzozila

Jul 26, 2018
Hi folks!

I applied for the BC PNP - Skilled Worker category -not Express Entry- and my application is being reviewed under the Tech Pilot.
These are my details:
Registration submitted: 2018-05-25
Invitation to apply: 2018-05-30
Application submitted: 2018-06-15
Score: 112
NOC-1123 (this NOC was included in the Tech Pilot list of in-demand occupations and they removed it on June 26. However, we contacted the BC PNP office and they confirmed my application was being reviewed under the Tech Pilot).

I am still waiting to hear from them, 6 weeks already... We contacted them to ask for information and they told us that "Processing times for 80% of BC PNP applications is 2-3 months from receipt. Tech Pilot applications are typically processed in shorter timeframes."

Has anyone else got any updates on their applications and processing times?

Thank you.

Maria.

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hi folks!

I applied for the BC PNP - Skilled Worker category -not Express Entry- and my application is being reviewed under the Tech Pilot.
These are my details:
Registration submitted: 2018-05-25
Invitation to apply: 2018-05-30
Application submitted: 2018-06-15
Score: 112
NOC-1123 (this NOC was included in the Tech Pilot list of in-demand occupations and they removed it on June 26. However, we contacted the BC PNP office and they confirmed my application was being reviewed under the Tech Pilot).

I am still waiting to hear from them, 6 weeks already... We contacted them to ask for information and they told us that "Processing times for 80% of BC PNP applications is 2-3 months from receipt. Tech Pilot applications are typically processed in shorter timeframes."

Has anyone else got any updates on their applications and processing times?

Thank you.

Maria.
I know some people wait for 3 months before they got nominated, but they applied for an express entry nomination. But be patient, it may take up to 3 months for paper-based nowaday.