+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2018 September join here

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

What was your category under bc pnp? Like you told you got approved in a week, so I just want to know catergroy and NOC code.

Thank you

I am helping out my friend with timelines, he got ITA under EEBC SI
EXPRESS ENTRY International graduate. NOC 2281 System administrator.

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Bcpnp nominated nov 2017
Recieved documents by cic march 29 2018
Aor may 19 2018
Still waiting for mr.
My work permit is expiring in April 2019. How can I extend it??
Just check your AOR. You can see the following lines in AOR
--
Bridging open work permit
If you are currently working in Canada on a work permit that is about to expire, and you meet all other
requirements, you may use this letter to apply for a bridging open work permit. For more information, visit

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

You are cautioned that if we reject your application for permanent residence as incomplete:
• we will refuse your completed application for a bridging open work permit; and
• your processing fees for a bridging open work permit will not be refunded.
--

Hope this helps

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks so much for clarifying me.

Can you please help me on the below questions too.

First of all I wanted to let you know that I have received invitation to apply for BC PNP yesterday.

My queries below;

In PNP registration we entered some mistakes. I am not sure this is a major mistakes or minor.

1. Directly related work experience section
(Do you have any full-time work experience within the past ten years that is directly related to your B.C. job offer? )

I have total 11 years of experience (all years into same NOC code 2171). 2012 to 2016 I have worked in IBM India but out of that 2012 to 2014 I was under the payrol of another company named collabera techmologies and expereience & releiving letter was provided by this company for the 2012 to 2014 duration but I was deployed into IBM as full time contract later I became permananet under IBM payrol from 2014 to 2016. so 2014 - 2016 experience letter and relieving letter provided by IBM. ( Total duration 2012 to 2016 I was in IBM only for the same project.) Offer letter of collabera also clearly mentioned that I will be working in IBM. But I have mentioned in the company/organization name section in the PNP registration time like below

Job title XXXXX
National Occupational Classification (NOC) code - 2171
Job start date 2012-Sep-01
Job end date 2016-Nov-30
Name of company - IBM India (Collabera technologies)

2. In the experience letter my designation mentioned as " Technical Subject Matter Expert". But I mentioned in PNP registartion as ETL Technical Subject Matter Expert because I worked in ETL project as a Technical Subject Matter Expert.

3. A small spelling mistakes in company name instead of "i" typed as "o" in the PNP registration.

Now I already got the invitation to apply BC PNP. So Can you please let me know is the above cause any problem in future for PNP application approval etc.

Thanks

>> First of all I wanted to let you know that I have received invitation to apply for BC PNP yesterday.

That's great. congrats

>> 1. Directly related work experience section

That's fine. "Name of company - IBM India (Collabera technologies)" will work. Just submit the experience letter from both companies, some payrolls and that's enough for proof. In both companies you were doing the same job. so no worries.

>> In the experience letter my designation mentioned as " Technical Subject Matter Expert". But I mentioned in PNP registartion as ETL Technical Subject Matter Expert because I worked in ETL project as a Technical Subject Matter Expert.

This will be ok. If you have the job title, job duties, salary, benefits, hours in experience letter then its perfect.

>> 3. A small spelling mistakes in company name instead of "i" typed as "o" in the PNP registration

I believe you can correct it while filling PNP forms . Even if you change a letter in company name you are not going to loose any points in PNP. You just need to be sure of only 1 thing. If you have filed the application with 82 points you should be able to show that 82 points while submitting it.

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
You need to have a job offer letter inorder to apply BC-PNP. There is only 1 category in BC that doesn't required job offer letter. that is International post graduation from a BC university. You can check more details from following link

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Express-Entry-B-C/EEBC-International-Post-Graduate

BC PNP is mainly based on job offer letter from BC and then you have to meet the points in the respective category.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Invitations-to-Apply
So if one gets post graduation from say UBC in an eligible masters program , does that mean he no longer needs to meet the minimum SIRS point criteria ? How long it takes generally to get nominated under post international graduate stream ?

Please guide

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
So if one gets post graduation from say UBC in an eligible masters program , does that mean he no longer needs to meet the minimum SIRS point criteria ? How long it takes generally to get nominated under post international graduate stream ?

Please guide
>> So if one gets post graduation from say UBC in an eligible masters program , does that mean he no longer needs to meet the minimum SIRS point criteria ?

No point criteria I think.

Read the following that BC govt says
-
Who should register?
Only applicants under the Skilled Worker, Entry Level and Semi-Skilled, and International Graduate categories need to register with SIRS. HealthCare Professional and International Post-Graduate applicants can apply directly through BCPNP Online. Applicants to all other Skills Immigration categories must first register through BCPNP Online.

What is SIRS?
SIRS is a points-based registration and application system that helps B.C. select the best workers to meet labour market needs. By registering, you are expressing interest to apply to the BC PNP
-

>> How long it takes generally to get nominated under post international graduate stream ?

at an avg of 2-3 months

Guru00456

Oct 10, 2018
Hi everyone I have a question please try helping me. I currently work in india noc 7231 as a machinist which is a skilled trade. I meet all the requirements for fstc but instead of an lmia job offer I have a Pnp Job offer. But every time I make an express entry account it comes as ineligible. Please help me

Stefeniaaaa

Oct 11, 2018
Hi I have some doubt about my application, hope you can help....
I am applying under BC PNP SEMI-SKILLED, Here is my application status
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 14, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 14, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on May 25, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
How long should i expect for the bg check and all stuffs till PPR? my work permit and visa are going to expired at the end of this year.
I dont want to apply for WP and VISA extension because i afraid this will cause a delay to the process of my PR. My agent told me that it usually take 3months after MEDICAL EXAM PASSED. I have been waiting for almost 5 months already (Sine beginning of June, 2018).
Very nervous :(((( Please advise....
Thank you so much!!!!!

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi everyone I have a question please try helping me. I currently work in india noc 7231 as a machinist which is a skilled trade. I meet all the requirements for fstc but instead of an lmia job offer I have a Pnp Job offer. But every time I make an express entry account it comes as ineligible. Please help me
It seems like you need a lmia job offer

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=746&top=29

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi I have some doubt about my application, hope you can help....
I am applying under BC PNP SEMI-SKILLED, Here is my application status
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 14, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 14, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on May 25, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
How long should i expect for the bg check and all stuffs till PPR? my work permit and visa are going to expired at the end of this year.
I dont want to apply for WP and VISA extension because i afraid this will cause a delay to the process of my PR. My agent told me that it usually take 3months after MEDICAL EXAM PASSED. I have been waiting for almost 5 months already (Sine beginning of June, 2018).
Very nervous :(((( Please advise....
Thank you so much!!!!!
Hi,

I believe you are doing paper based application

>> How long should i expect for the bg check and all stuffs till PPR?

This is the same question that everyone asks once they submit the documents. Unfortunately noone in this world can give a correct answer for this. Only thing which we can do is to check whether other people who submitted along with you got PPR or not. The best way to check is through tracker.

Here is the link

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/pnp-paper-based-pr-applications-tracker

>> I dont want to apply for WP and VISA extension because i afraid this will cause a delay to the process of my PR

Since you have the AOR you will be able to extend work permit now. You are a BC PNP nominated person. So you have to work in that job till you get PR. If the work permit is expired you cannot work in that job anymore and that can affect PR. So my suggestion is that to apply for extending work permit. I dont think that will delay the process of PR. You can talk to your agent regarding this.

>> My agent told me that it usually take 3months after MEDICAL EXAM PASSED.

Earlier it was like this. but the things got changed now. now you have to wait so lonnnnnnnnng.

Thanks

PARSOB

Sep 22, 2018
Hello
I got BC PNP nomination under SI category in August 2018 , want to reapply again under express entry. My score is 108 , do you see a possibility of less processing time for this.Has anyone heard like before.
Thanks

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thank you so much for the reply.

Can you please let me know what all are the documents needs to submit for BC PNP application apart from the below

Signed and filled BC PNP job offer form
Employer recommendation letter
Copy of the offer of employment
Detailed job description (already mentioned in Copy of the offer of employment)
Company information
Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
Copy of the valid municipal Business License
Evidence of recruitment efforts - Ad screenshots and from employer provided their database ad screenshot details.
Copy of Canadian immigration records (my previous work permit and related docs). But currently no status in Canada and I am outland application.
Copy of biographical page of passport
Copy of Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
Copy of Official Language Test Results
Current resume/CV
Spouse or Common-Law partner’s B.C. employment record
IMM5669 Schedule-A Background Declaration
IMM 5406 E : Additional Family Information

Please let me know what else other documents required?.
it seems like this include everything. I dont think you will miss any documents because in the last page of the BC PNP submission page it will ask you to upload docs one by one.

Here is one helpful link

https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/39720579-0f1e-457a-924d-1f3d07301591/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Technical-Guide.aspx

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hello
I got BC PNP nomination under SI category in August 2018 , want to reapply again under express entry. My score is 108 , do you see a possibility of less processing time for this.Has anyone heard like before.
Thanks
Definitely you can save lot of time if you go by express entry

For express entry the wait time is only 6 months maximum

But for paper based it is 1 year to 1.5 years. (majority people are getting after 1 year 3 months only)

But I am not sure whether you can apply for BC PNP again through express entry. It should work probably but I am not sure about the steps

Since you have 108 points you will get invitation in next draw itself.