13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
Hi everyone!

I would need somewhat urgent help with a decision.

Let me just go through a quick background context. I have gotten a job offer in Victoria and since I was already an Express Entry candidate (CRS 359), I have decided to go for Express Entry BC - Skilled Worker BC PNP category. I have already gotten the ITA in that category and submitted the complete application and paid the $550 CAD fee. Basically, I'm in the "2-3 months" waiting stage to be processed. But, (maybe due to misinformation from other forums), I have also created a registration in Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker category where I still didn't get the ITA.

Since my primary goal is to not keep my new employer waiting forever, I was reading about requesting a work permit upon successful nomination and wait/apply for PR through EE while I'm in Canada - that is why I had applied to both programs. However, I wanted to be sure I'm doing the right thing, so I have asked PNPInfo for help. I will now C/P my questions (in normal font) and their answers (in italic):

1. Is it a problem to have two BC PNP applications? In other words, do multiple applications (automatically) lead to rejection?
Individuals may only have one application at a time. Should you choose to continue with your Express Entry application, registration under other categories must be withdrawn. Should you choose to register in a different category, the active application must be withdrawn.

2. Is there a difference in processing times between Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC PNP programs?
Processing times are estimated 2-3 months for applications received after February 2016 (regardless of category). However, each application is processed on a case-by-case basis.

3. Is it possible to enter the country and apply for a new (first time) work permit with Skills Immigration BC PNP certificate and/or Express Entry BC PNP certificate? (I am referring to section "Work Permit Support After Nomination" of the Program Guide.)
Successful nominees may request for a work permit support letter to support their work permit application with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please refer inquiries regarding work permits to IRCC: 1-888-242-2100 or cic.gc.ca

---

Where I need your help is the 3rd question (first two are perfectly clear). I guess they would warn me if PNP nomination certificate from one or other category mentioned in the question are not eligible for requesting work permit, but I just want to make sure: are successful nominations from both programs (Express Entry BC - Skilled Worker and Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker) eligible for requesting a work permit? If that is correct, I can immediately withdraw the Skills Immigration application to avoid any issues or delays with my primary Express Entry BC application.

Sorry for the long post and thanks so much in advance!

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Chibuz said:
hi guys,

As an international postgraduate who applies for the BC PNP under SI stream (since my course of study is in the physical science) and then move to another province for a professional masters or a PhD, will my moving to another province affect my application in any way?

Thanks.
You will get trouble on this, if you apply under PNP program, you either say in the province you applied for, or stay outside of Canada until IRCC approve your application.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Simpson85 said:
Hi everyone!

I would need somewhat urgent help with a decision.

Let me just go through a quick background context. I have gotten a job offer in Victoria and since I was already an Express Entry candidate (CRS 359), I have decided to go for Express Entry BC - Skilled Worker BC PNP category. I have already gotten the ITA in that category and submitted the complete application and paid the $550 CAD fee. Basically, I'm in the "2-3 months" waiting stage to be processed. But, (maybe due to misinformation from other forums), I have also created a registration in Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker category where I still didn't get the ITA.

Since my primary goal is to not keep my new employer waiting forever, I was reading about requesting a work permit upon successful nomination and wait/apply for PR through EE while I'm in Canada - that is why I had applied to both programs. However, I wanted to be sure I'm doing the right thing, so I have asked PNPInfo for help. I will now C/P my questions (in normal font) and their answers (in italic):

1. Is it a problem to have two BC PNP applications? In other words, do multiple applications (automatically) lead to rejection?
Individuals may only have one application at a time. Should you choose to continue with your Express Entry application, registration under other categories must be withdrawn. Should you choose to register in a different category, the active application must be withdrawn.

2. Is there a difference in processing times between Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC PNP programs?
Processing times are estimated 2-3 months for applications received after February 2016 (regardless of category). However, each application is processed on a case-by-case basis.

3. Is it possible to enter the country and apply for a new (first time) work permit with Skills Immigration BC PNP certificate and/or Express Entry BC PNP certificate? (I am referring to section "Work Permit Support After Nomination" of the Program Guide.)
Successful nominees may request for a work permit support letter to support their work permit application with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please refer inquiries regarding work permits to IRCC: 1-888-242-2100 or cic.gc.ca

---

Where I need your help is the 3rd question (first two are perfectly clear). I guess they would warn me if PNP nomination certificate from one or other category mentioned in the question are not eligible for requesting work permit, but I just want to make sure: are successful nominations from both programs (Express Entry BC - Skilled Worker and Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker) eligible for requesting a work permit? If that is correct, I can immediately withdraw the Skills Immigration application to avoid any issues or delays with my primary Express Entry BC application.

Sorry for the long post and thanks so much in advance!
1. You can only have one BC PNP application at a time, you must withdraw one if you have two. I believe this will not lead to rejection, but BC PNP will force you withdraw one application then they can approve another one.

2. At BC PNP stage, the processing times are the same, at IRCC stage it's 6 months for EE and 16 months for non-EE applications.

3. Yes, you can apply under LMIA exemption category on either type of nomination, BC PNP will issue you work permit support letter, and your employer must pay employer compliance fee, then you can get a work permit.

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
wicaact said:
1. You can only have one BC PNP application at a time, you must withdraw one if you have two. I believe this will not lead to rejection, but BC PNP will force you withdraw one application then they can approve another one.

2. At BC PNP stage, the processing times are the same, at IRCC stage it's 6 months for EE and 16 months for non-EE applications.

3. Yes, you can apply under LMIA exemption category on either type of nomination, BC PNP will issue you work permit support letter, and your employer must pay employer compliance fee, then you can get a work permit.
Thanks a million for your reply! I will immediately withdraw the other (non-EE) application.

Could you please just point me in the right direction regarding #3? I'm a bit confused with "LMIA exemption" term, since I'm a mobile (iOS) developer, NOC 2174, buy maybe I just misunderstood the "exemption" part. Whenever I tried reading about work permits on cic.gc.ca, it would redirect me to their eligibility quiz. Is there some link where I can read more details about the process you've shortly described? Thanks!

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
hi there!

sigh, i think i am in a big trouble, i submitted the registration to bcpnp under entry level semi skilled, and i got the invitation, today, i got to know my company's legal name is different from the one i typed in the registration. sigh :-[ should i continue on with my application, write an explanation letter to the officer or should i decline the invitation and re-apply it again? which it cannot be guarantee to be invited again.

please help. crying now :(

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
wicaact said:
You will get trouble on this, if you apply under PNP program, you either say in the province you applied for, or stay outside of Canada until IRCC approve your application.
Okay. If I go through EEBC International Post graduate can I still move?

Thanks

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Chibuz said:
Okay. If I go through EEBC International Post graduate can I still move?

Thanks
Move after you get your PR card.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Simpson85 said:
Thanks a million for your reply! I will immediately withdraw the other (non-EE) application.

Could you please just point me in the right direction regarding #3? I'm a bit confused with "LMIA exemption" term, since I'm a mobile (iOS) developer, NOC 2174, buy maybe I just misunderstood the "exemption" part. Whenever I tried reading about work permits on cic.gc.ca, it would redirect me to their eligibility quiz. Is there some link where I can read more details about the process you've shortly described? Thanks!
Please read Foreign workers nominated by a province or territory in this page:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp

pgq

Apr 9, 2016
Re: BC PNP Skilled Worker as a Student

wicaact said:
You must have a full-time employment offer to apply skilled worker
If you have open work permit, no need to mention job advertisement efforts
Students have study permits that allow them to work up to 20 hours a week off-campus. Is that considered the same as a work permit for the BC PNP? Or is BC PNP like OINP where people with study permit in Ontario are not allowed?

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
wicaact said:
Please read Foreign workers nominated by a province or territory in this page:
You are awesome! Thanks so much, exactly what I needed.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
As far as I know, police clearance is not required for PNP. When you go to the federal level you will need PCC.
Chibuz said:
Is a police clearance certificate necessary for SI stream in the BC PNP?

Thanks

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
hi all :) i am wondering what the company information is about exactly. i have double checked the detail description, it says brief (1 page) profile of the company's business activities. for example? is that something i can help my boss to write it, or it has to be done by him/her. thank you!

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
Rochellelee said:
hi all :) i am wondering what the company information is about exactly. i have double checked the detail description, it says brief (1 page) profile of the company's business activities. for example? is that something i can help my boss to write it, or it has to be done by him/her. thank you!
My employer wrote it himself on the company letterhead. However, my PNP application has not been processed yet, but I don't see any potential issues with that particular document.

I'll try to mimic the format here:

A couple of sentences about the company, offices, number of employees, mission, goals etc.

Our services:

App Development:
- this technology
- that technology
- some method

Web Development:
- this technology
- that technology
- some method

Design:
- this technology
- that technology
- some method

Hope it starts yours/employers creative juices :) I guess you could draft it yourself based on the company website and let your boss verify the information.