Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon , can I ask you another question? I submitted a reference letter but it was not issued on letterhead. My supervisor who signed letter confirmed that they were not able to issue the letter on the letterhead because it is contrary to corporate policy. In my LoE, I explained the same and asked the immigration authority to refer to the company's official website and/or call them.

On their twitter account, IRCC once stated that "We can't comment as to whether this will be sufficient [...] You should upload a letter explaining the situation in detail and include whatever proof you may have (ie. job contracts, pay stubs, letters of reference you received from the employer that you used in applying for other jobs, etc.)."

Could this be a problem? Should I submit some extra docs now via the webform?
Its not a problem as long as you have explained it. If the letter has all the requirements needed by IRCC, then you need not worry. If IRCC has any concerns, they will contact you .

Reactions: Meighen2

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ITA: July 8
Upfront medicals completed: July 22
AOR: August 18
Country of residence: Canada
Country of citizenship: India
Category: FSW: Inland. I have heard this category is processed the slowest. :(

Good luck to everyone! A few questions / comments:
  • Been reading @legalfalcon's notes about RCMP pcc. If everyone inland is asked for this, I would like to get it done in advance and submit via webform. What I don't understand is whether fingerprints are always needed for a pcc. My local police services says they will process one without fingerprints if I have no adverse record that comes up on a name check. But if IRCC will later not consider it valid, then I would rather get one with fingerprints. IRCC website says you "must" give you fingerprints for a criminal record check. It's confusing.

• How long after AOR does the progress bar show up, i.e., could it be weeks and weeks before they touch the file? Ugh!

• With biometrics unavailable inside Canada, what do they do in that one month period of time after issuing a BIL? Do they ignore the application until those 30 days pass or do they keep working on other parts of the application in the meantime? I'm trying to understand if these steps take place in sequence, do they only do an IP1/IP2 if I submit my biometrics. Even if this was the case earlier, it does not make sense for them to do nothing for 30 days, keep extending the BIL deadline forever, and never work on any other part of my application until covid is over and biometrics collection resumes. Surely, this cannot be the case?
I hope everyone is keeping safe and sound. Take care, all!

1. Most applicants who are in Canada, will be asked for a RCMP PCC later in the process. It will depend on how long have you lived in Canada for. The instructions are available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

2. The progress bar will show up in 1-4 weeks, depends on when your application meets R10. The 6 months processing time starts from the day when the R10 is done and not AoR.

3. Biometrics is not a part of immigration law as such, it was recently added as a requirement in the IRPA. It is required, but the processing does not stop. Your application will continue to progress, but can only be approved after biometrics are on file.

For latest instructions on biometrics see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Who needs to give biometrics https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Reactions: Vinami and mknox

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
1. Most applicants who are in Canada, will be asked for a RCMP PCC later in the process. It will depend on how long have you lived in Canada for. The instructions are available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

2. The progress bar will show up in 1-4 weeks, depends on when your application meets R10. The 6 months processing time starts from the day when the R10 is done and not AoR.

3. Biometrics is not a part of immigration law as such, it was recently added as a requirement in the IRPA. It is required, but the processing does not stop. Your application will continue to progress, but can only be approved after biometrics are on file.

For latest instructions on biometrics see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Who needs to give biometrics https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Thank you so much!

Reactions: legalfalcon

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Just gave biometrics today. Medical result was passed on 19 Aug 2020. Things are moving faster than expected (AOR: 01 Aug)

Reactions: Vinami

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Just gave biometrics today. Medical result was passed on 19 Aug 2020. Things are moving faster than expected (AOR: 01 Aug)
Kudos! It's encouraging to know that they're picking up some pace... Are you outland?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Kudos! It's encouraging to know that they're picking up some pace... Are you outland?
Yes, I am outland. Based on my tracking of status updates on MyImmiTracker website, the current speed is around 18-20 days from AOR till medical passed and biometrics request stage.

Reactions: mknox

jl3579

Aug 16, 2020
Hi all, not very experienced here. Can I check if this is AOR? If so I will go ahead and post here then! Thank you!
SubjectDate sentDate read
Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residenceAugust 21, 2020August 21, 2020

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi all, not very experienced here. Can I check if this is AOR? If so I will go ahead and post here then! Thank you!
SubjectDate sentDate read
Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residenceAugust 21, 2020August 21, 2020
Hi,
Yes, it is the AOR people have been talking about. Please share your info and we track together.

DreamerT

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
hello everyone,
Is biometrics applicable for everyone.. I have read at a few places that Indians are exempt from giving biometrics.. Is it true..?
Then what about the upfront fees collected for it?
PS.. AOR 8th Aug..no update yet...hoping for MEP next week..fingers crossed..!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello everyone,
Is biometrics applicable for everyone.. I have read at a few places that Indians are exempt from giving biometrics.. Is it true..?
Then what about the upfront fees collected for it?
PS.. AOR 8th Aug..no update yet...hoping for MEP next week..fingers crossed..!
No, all PR applicants have to provide biometrics.

Due to COVID only TRv applicants have been exempted from biometrics.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Check if you have to give biometrics: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

jl3579

Aug 16, 2020
Hi,
Yes, it is the AOR people have been talking about. Please share your info and we track together.
Thank you @joconstantine

Category: FSW - Outland
Score: 478
ITA: Aug 6
AOR: Aug 21
Apply from: Singapore

---

I do have another question though: after AOR, can I still relocate to another job in another country? Or moving/changing job is not allowed by IRCC?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Thank you @joconstantine

Category: FSW - Outland
Score: 478
ITA: Aug 6
AOR: Aug 21
Apply from: Singapore

---

I do have another question though: after AOR, can I still relocate to another job in another country? Or moving/changing job is not allowed by IRCC?
I am also applying from Singapore.
As far as I know, we can move to another job/place but we have to update IRCC.

vmaithil

Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
11-June-2020
AOR Received.
19-Aug-2020
Hello,

is it okay, if I go for a Biometrics check without any letter from IRCC?

is there any difference in Biometrix & RCMP Accredited Fingerprints?

Last edited: