Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Starting a new thread for all those who have received their AoR in August 2020, or anticipate filing their application in August 2020. Please join here, post your timeline, share your progress and ask any questions that you may have.

Sharing some useful info here:

• 6 months processing time

IRCC states that most applications are processed within 6 months or less. The 6 months processing time starts when your application meets the completeness check and NOT from the AoR date. The completeness check is the first stage of the application processing, and usually happens around when your medicals are passed. To know the exact date of the completeness check (R10), you will need to see your GCMS notes.

• Tracking your application

Unfortunately the only thing that you see is your MyCIC account are:

a. Review of eligibility - Will continue to be in progress until you receive the COPR
b. Review of medical results - Will change to the date when the Medicals are passed, usually 20-45 days post AOR.
c. Review of additional documents - Will show "We do not need additional documents," unless you receive any documents request and submit documents, when it will change.
d. Interview - For most this is remain as "[Y]ou do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes"
e. Biometrics - Will change when you are requested for biometrics and later when you have submitted the biometrics
f. Background check - Will change twice for most applicants. First it will change in the initial few weeks, and then go back to not applicable and later in the processing again change to, "we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." This happens because criminality and security are both a part of BGC, and when these checks happen, the status changes. It will continue to be in progress the second time until you receive the COPR.
g. Final decision - This will remain the same until you receive the COPR.

There has been a growing trend of speculation where change of status on MyCIC has been attributed to eligibility being passed, etc. The whole NA, IP IP2 is speculation and has no bearing on determining which stage your application is at. While any change of status is a good sign, but merely relying on NA and IP is not the correct way.

Most applicants will find it irrelevant, as their applications will be processed and approved within the first 3-4 months. It is those who wait for more than 4 months, where things go crazy as they keep relying on NA, IP etc, and see no movement or progress. Many other are stuck on so called IP2, and the PPR never seems to come.

So put these speculative theories to rest. As per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, regulations and the ministeral instructions every application goes through the following stages:

R10 (Completeness check)
Medicals
Criminality
A11.2 Eligibility (The most important stage)
Security

What you need to know about coronavirus and your application? (valid As of the date of posting this)

1. Will there be processing delays for applications currently being processed?
All applications currently in progress at IRCC offices abroad, at case processing centres and within the Domestic Network will continue to be processed but may experience delays.” While it is evident that many IRCC offices are still closed, however, as Canadian provinces start reopening, so will the IRCC offices. List of all IRCC offices and their current status is available here.

2. I have received an additional document request, but I cannot procure the documents as the government office, or my employer’s office is closed?
IRCC is continuing to process permanent residency and citizenship applications. When additional documentation is required to make a decision on the application, processing officers have been instructed to send a request letter and allow 90 days for the applicant to respond.

3. I was sent an additional document request, but I was unable to provide it within 30 days, will my application be refused?
No, your application will not be refused. If a request for additional documentation was previously sent but the applicant was unable to comply, within the stipulated timeframe, the processing officers are required to bring forward the application and allow an additional 90 days for the applicant to respond.

4. I have received Biometrics Instructions Letter (BIL), but all IRCC offices in Canada or in my country are closed, and I am unlikely to comply with the 30 days time frame to provide the biometrics.
IRCC has informed that the biometric instruction letter (BIL) cannot be amended and IRCC will continue to advise applicants that they have 30 days from the date of the letter to give their biometrics. However, in the most recent program delivered update IRCC has informed that if the site closest to you is closed, IRCC will automatically extend your biometrics deadline to give your biometrics. You do not have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

Also, you don’t have to contact IRCC for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. You can bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment, even if time frame mentioned on BIL is expired. To keep updated on the most recent updates in BIL see here.

5. I received the ITA, and I have to submit my application in the next few days, but I am unable to obtain a document due to service disruption resulting from coronavirus. What should I do?
If you have received the ITA, you have to submit your application before the stipulated time (i.e. within 60 days). However, some applicants have reported that this time frame has increased by an additional 30 days. IRCC offices have been instructed that if a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required and cannot be exempt or deferred), the applicant should include an explanation (Letter of explanation – LoE) with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days. If the application is still incomplete in 60 days, officers should request the missing documents with an additional 90-day deadline. These missing documents will not result in the refusal of an application for R10 or being incomplete.

• How to send a Case Specific Enquiry / Webform -

During the processing fo your application you may need to update your application and send additional documents. You can send updates and documents by webform (CSE) using the link - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

When IRCC asks for any additional documents, and there is no upload slot in your MyCIC account, you will then once again have to send those documents via CSE using the link above.

You can also use this link to enquire about the status of your application if it exceeds 6 months.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
• Visa Office

There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - These are 4 CPCs in Canada

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:

International Experience Canada work permits
In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
Verification of Status (VOS)
Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.

• ECAS (Electronic Client Application Status) -

This was the most important tool pre EE to track an application and provided much more in-depth status than what MyCIC does. However, after the IRCC moved to the Global Case Management System (AKA GCMS) applications are no longer linked to ECAS.

So there is no point going there and checking.

• Letter of Explanation -

As the name suggests, the LoE is exact what it sounds like. It is not an idea for the documents and you do not have to explain each document you are submitting in your application.

The simple rules to follow for LoE -

• Should be 1-2 pages in length. If you cannot explain it in 1-2 pages, it is probably not worth it.
  • Only use LoE to explain an issue. Eg. you could not obtain a reference letter on letterhead, could not meet PoF 6 months avg balance, seeking exemption or extension from PCC, or to explain something in your application which is not clear.
  • IRCC Agents do read LoE, but if its too long and not to the point, it loses its importance.
  • You DO NOT need an index for your documents. There are placeholders for the documents just put each document there and when it is stored on the IRCC system it is names and stored in an organized way.

All the best!!

Stay Safe and do your bit to fight the spread of COVID-19.

Reactions: Tutsy and Ambra

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
ITA: 8 July 2020
AoR: first week of August
Awaiting only PoF and work reference letters
FSW offshore

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ITA: 8 July 2020
AoR: first week of August
Awaiting only PoF and work reference letters
FSW offshore
were you able to get your meds?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
ITA: 08 Jul 2020
AOR: 01 Aug 2020
Country of residence: Singapore.

i have completed the medical checkup as well.

Reactions: Garth 117

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ITA: 08 Jul 2020
AOR: 01 Aug 2020
Country of residence: Singapore.

i have completed the medical checkup as well.
All the best for your application. Keep your progress posted here!

Reactions: joconstantine

klksunny

Jun 30, 2017
Hi Guys.
I received an ITA and am planning to submit my application in August.

However,after filling in the questionnaire,i am not able to preview my score due to a system error.

Is it the same for others as well?
I have been trying since yesterday by clearing cache,switching browsers,etc but to no avail.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys.
I received an ITA and am planning to submit my application in August.

However,after filling in the questionnaire,i am not able to preview my score due to a system error.

Is it the same for others as well?
I have been trying since yesterday by clearing cache,switching browsers,etc but to no avail.
Go to your MyCIC account.

You will see a list of applications.

Click on Express Entry ------ Invitation Received
Click on Check application status
At the bottom you will have a link that says "invitation to apply," click on that and it will download your entire score with breakdown.

Reactions: klksunny

klksunny

Jun 30, 2017
Go to your MyCIC account.

You will see a list of applications.

Click on Express Entry ------ Invitation Received
Click on Check application status
At the bottom you will have a link that says "invitation to apply," click on that and it will download your entire score with breakdown.
Hi legalfalcon,thank you so much for the quick reply.
However,doing this tells my score at the time of receiving the ITA.

I was concerned if there would be a change in my score owing to my answers in the questionnaire in the post-ITA stage.
Hence,i wanted to check my score via the "Preview my score" tab that appears after the post-ITA questionnaire is filled.
I am unable to do so due to "Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

I was concerned if there would be a change in my score owing to my answers in the questionnaire in the post-ITA stage.
Hence,i wanted to check my score via the "Preview my score" tab that appears after the post-ITA questionnaire is filled.
I am unable to do so due to "Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Thanks!
You were given the ITA based on your profile and now you will have to meet that criteria or keep your score over the ITA round.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thanks!
Were you able to figure it out?

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.