Its not a problem as long as you have explained it. If the letter has all the requirements needed by IRCC, then you need not worry. If IRCC has any concerns, they will contact you .Hey @legalfalcon , can I ask you another question? I submitted a reference letter but it was not issued on letterhead. My supervisor who signed letter confirmed that they were not able to issue the letter on the letterhead because it is contrary to corporate policy. In my LoE, I explained the same and asked the immigration authority to refer to the company's official website and/or call them.
On their twitter account, IRCC once stated that "We can't comment as to whether this will be sufficient [...] You should upload a letter explaining the situation in detail and include whatever proof you may have (ie. job contracts, pay stubs, letters of reference you received from the employer that you used in applying for other jobs, etc.)."
Could this be a problem? Should I submit some extra docs now via the webform?
ITA: July 8
Upfront medicals completed: July 22
AOR: August 18
Country of residence: Canada
Country of citizenship: India
Category: FSW: Inland. I have heard this category is processed the slowest.
Good luck to everyone! A few questions / comments:
I hope everyone is keeping safe and sound. Take care, all!
- Been reading @legalfalcon's notes about RCMP pcc. If everyone inland is asked for this, I would like to get it done in advance and submit via webform. What I don't understand is whether fingerprints are always needed for a pcc. My local police services says they will process one without fingerprints if I have no adverse record that comes up on a name check. But if IRCC will later not consider it valid, then I would rather get one with fingerprints. IRCC website says you "must" give you fingerprints for a criminal record check. It's confusing.
- How long after AOR does the progress bar show up, i.e., could it be weeks and weeks before they touch the file? Ugh!
- With biometrics unavailable inside Canada, what do they do in that one month period of time after issuing a BIL? Do they ignore the application until those 30 days pass or do they keep working on other parts of the application in the meantime? I'm trying to understand if these steps take place in sequence, do they only do an IP1/IP2 if I submit my biometrics. Even if this was the case earlier, it does not make sense for them to do nothing for 30 days, keep extending the BIL deadline forever, and never work on any other part of my application until covid is over and biometrics collection resumes. Surely, this cannot be the case?
Thank you so much!1. Most applicants who are in Canada, will be asked for a RCMP PCC later in the process. It will depend on how long have you lived in Canada for. The instructions are available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html
2. The progress bar will show up in 1-4 weeks, depends on when your application meets R10. The 6 months processing time starts from the day when the R10 is done and not AoR.
3. Biometrics is not a part of immigration law as such, it was recently added as a requirement in the IRPA. It is required, but the processing does not stop. Your application will continue to progress, but can only be approved after biometrics are on file.
For latest instructions on biometrics see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
Who needs to give biometrics https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Hi,Hi all, not very experienced here. Can I check if this is AOR? If so I will go ahead and post here then! Thank you!
Subject Date sent Date read Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence August 21, 2020 August 21, 2020
No, all PR applicants have to provide biometrics.hello everyone,
Is biometrics applicable for everyone.. I have read at a few places that Indians are exempt from giving biometrics.. Is it true..?
Then what about the upfront fees collected for it?
PS.. AOR 8th Aug..no update yet...hoping for MEP next week..fingers crossed..!
Thank you @joconstantineHi,
Yes, it is the AOR people have been talking about. Please share your info and we track together.
I am also applying from Singapore.