+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jinkydo

Mar 16, 2018
Thank you for this this thread our documents send last August 1, 2019 and received in Sydney August 8. Canadian Citizen sponsoring Filipino wife. we are both living in philippines.
Wishing speedy processing to all of us!!

Cheers
Cheers

bindhu binnu

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Outland Sponsorship
-----------------------------------------
Application received on 14-Aug-2019.
Canadian PR sponsoring indian.

mdas

Aug 31, 2019
Wait for another month before expecting AOR1, usually about 45 day seems to be the norm. If you forgot to sign a form they will return the app to you, most unfortunate thing of that is they do not advise you via email that it is being returned to you and it is sent via normal mail not courier. I know we signed it all but made a couple mistakes which only found out afterwards. My plan is if we don't get the AOR within 60 days we will just resubmit the application. Mail coming back to the Philippines via regular post could take 2 months or more.
a
All we can do is keep fingers crossed be patient and wait. Doncond guessing yourself, you will just drive yourself crazy. Deal with it as it comes. Spousal apps are seldom turned down ifeverything is legit from what I see here..

Thank you for this. Wow, 45 days!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi everyone, just confirmed delivery of our application to Sydney, Nova Scotia!
Bellow is our timeline so far, including all information that has impacted the main application (i.e: Marriage certificate, police clearance). I've also included costs in CAD for any of those curious to budgeting or tracking expenses related to the sponsorship, I thought this would be helpful as I really didn't see any direct costs during my time of research on this forum.

Wish us luck! And good luck to everyone else!
The Google sheets tracking spreadsheet is amazing, I just logged ours: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=2124350621

Canadian sponsoring American spouse (No Dependents)

Visa Office: Sydney, Nova Scotia

Main Application = $1,150.30CAD
  • Married - 06/27/2019
  • Paid Application Fee - 07/04/2019 ($1125CAD Fee, PR, Biometrics)
  • Complete Application (Outland) and Reviewed - 07/31/2019
  • Shipped Application via FedEX 4 biz days - 07/31/2019 ($25.30CAD 12"x16"x2" @ 3lbs with tracking & signature)
  • FedEX Package Delivery Confirmation by Signature - 08/06/2019

Marriage Certificate = $22CAD
  • Purchased Ontario Marriage Certificate Long Form - 07/04/2019 ($22CAD)
  • Faxed and wrote letter of urgency to Deputy Registrar General for Marriage Certificate (or else 16 to 20 week wait) - 07/04/2019
  • Fax Received Confirmation Thunder Bay, ON - 07/04/2019
  • Marriage Certificate Processed & Shipped- 07/23/2019
  • Marriage Certificate Long Form Received in Mail - 07/30/2019

FBI Police Clearance Report = $60.26CAD
  • Fingerprints Taken (FD-258) Police Department - 07/05/2019 (Free, Officer working during Independence Day)
  • FBI Online Application - 07/08/2019 ($18USD)
  • Fingerprints Mailed via 3-Day USPS to FBI Clarksburg, WV - 07/09/2019 ($7.70USD)
  • Application Rejected due to Low Quality Fingerprints - 07/15/2019
    • Ensure to cover & protect fingerprints when sending via mail from smudging or smearing
  • Open New FBI Online Application - 07/16/2019 ($18USD)
  • Fingerprints Re-Taken at different Police Department - 07/16/2019 ($15USD+$2.99USD Service fee)
  • Fingerprints Mailed via 3-Day FedEX to FBI Clarksburg, WV - 07/16/2019 ($8.65USD)
  • FBI Police Clearance Report received online - 07/18/2019
Inpatriate to Canada Allianz Global (Abetov) Insurance = $1,128CAD
Thread regarding insurance for Pre-Existing Condition Like Pregnancy: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/insurance-for-pre-existing-condition-like-pregnancy.27676/page-2#post-7340782
Expected Pregnancy due date needs to be 10 months after coverage begins, also includes $100,000 worth of other coverage (Emergency Hospital, Emergency Medical, Emergency Dental, Maternity, Physical and Eye Exam, etc)
  • Online Website Application - 07/02/2019
  • Phone call with Agent - 07/04/2019
  • Purchased 12-Month Insurance with Agent over phone - 07/04/2019 ($1128CAD)

CAD Cost = $2300.30CAD
USD Cost = $44.64USD x 1.35rate = $60.26CAD (Very conservative rate + bank up-charge)
Total Cost = $2,360.56CAD
Hi everyone, just confirmed delivery of our application to Sydney, Nova Scotia!
Bellow is our timeline so far, including all information that has impacted the main application (i.e: Marriage certificate, police clearance). I've also included costs in CAD for any of those curious to budgeting or tracking expenses related to the sponsorship, I thought this would be helpful as I really didn't see any direct costs during my time of research on this forum.

Wish us luck! And good luck to everyone else!
The Google sheets tracking spreadsheet is amazing, I just logged ours: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=2124350621

Canadian sponsoring American spouse (No Dependents)

Visa Office: Sydney, Nova Scotia

Main Application = $1,150.30CAD
  • Married - 06/27/2019
  • Paid Application Fee - 07/04/2019 ($1125CAD Fee, PR, Biometrics)
  • Complete Application (Outland) and Reviewed - 07/31/2019
  • Shipped Application via FedEX 4 biz days - 07/31/2019 ($25.30CAD 12"x16"x2" @ 3lbs with tracking & signature)
  • FedEX Package Delivery Confirmation by Signature - 08/06/2019

Marriage Certificate = $22CAD
  • Purchased Ontario Marriage Certificate Long Form - 07/04/2019 ($22CAD)
  • Faxed and wrote letter of urgency to Deputy Registrar General for Marriage Certificate (or else 16 to 20 week wait) - 07/04/2019
  • Fax Received Confirmation Thunder Bay, ON - 07/04/2019
  • Marriage Certificate Processed & Shipped- 07/23/2019
  • Marriage Certificate Long Form Received in Mail - 07/30/2019

FBI Police Clearance Report = $60.26CAD
  • Fingerprints Taken (FD-258) Police Department - 07/05/2019 (Free, Officer working during Independence Day)
  • FBI Online Application - 07/08/2019 ($18USD)
  • Fingerprints Mailed via 3-Day USPS to FBI Clarksburg, WV - 07/09/2019 ($7.70USD)
  • Application Rejected due to Low Quality Fingerprints - 07/15/2019
    • Ensure to cover & protect fingerprints when sending via mail from smudging or smearing
  • Open New FBI Online Application - 07/16/2019 ($18USD)
  • Fingerprints Re-Taken at different Police Department - 07/16/2019 ($15USD+$2.99USD Service fee)
  • Fingerprints Mailed via 3-Day FedEX to FBI Clarksburg, WV - 07/16/2019 ($8.65USD)
  • FBI Police Clearance Report received online - 07/18/2019
Inpatriate to Canada Allianz Global (Abetov) Insurance = $1,128CAD
Thread regarding insurance for Pre-Existing Condition Like Pregnancy: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/insurance-for-pre-existing-condition-like-pregnancy.27676/page-2#post-7340782
Expected Pregnancy due date needs to be 10 months after coverage begins, also includes $100,000 worth of other coverage (Emergency Hospital, Emergency Medical, Emergency Dental, Maternity, Physical and Eye Exam, etc)
  • Online Website Application - 07/02/2019
  • Phone call with Agent - 07/04/2019
  • Purchased 12-Month Insurance with Agent over phone - 07/04/2019 ($1128CAD)

CAD Cost = $2300.30CAD
USD Cost = $44.64USD x 1.35rate = $60.26CAD (Very conservative rate + bank up-charge)
Total Cost = $2,360.56CAD

Hi,

Thank you for your effort to build up this thread and detail introduction for us. Will you also put the August's WhatsApp group link in this spreadsheet in the useful link page?

Thank you

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you for this. Wow, 45 days!
Please don't take my opinion as being what will happen. the 45 seems to be the norm but there can be many variables. Case load of the immigration people, summer backlog, summer is over so should be more people to do processing which would be a plus. Hard to know. IMO 45 would be great, 60 would be good too. Keep watching the tracking excel spread sheet to see what is happening to the people around your date of submission, that should be the best indicator how things are going.

Also have to keep in mind that the excel sheet only says what is happening for people who are on this forum. There can be a great number of people who are applying who aren't here. It would be interesting to know what percentage of applicants are here.

Best of luck to all of us!!

Cheers

Reactions: mdas

mdas

Aug 31, 2019
Please don't take my opinion as being what will happen. the 45 seems to be the norm but there can be many variables. Case load of the immigration people, summer backlog, summer is over so should be more people to do processing which would be a plus. Hard to know. IMO 45 would be great, 60 would be good too. Keep watching the tracking excel spread sheet to see what is happening to the people around your date of submission, that should be the best indicator how things are going.

Also have to keep in mind that the excel sheet only says what is happening for people who are on this forum. There can be a great number of people who are applying who aren't here. It would be interesting to know what percentage of applicants are here.

Best of luck to all of us!!

Cheers

I actually went and really looked at the spreadsheet. It appears most of July are receiving in around 50 days but on the plus side (the really really plus side), it seems that after AOR1 things to do happen pretty quickly!

This Forum and spreadsheet are my new obsession.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

deepa_c

Sep 6, 2019
Newbie here, but sent my application by fedex on August 2nd
Was received on August 7th.
Waiting now, as well

Spouse applying from USA.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I actually went and really looked at the spreadsheet. It appears most of July are receiving in around 50 days but on the plus side (the really really plus side), it seems that after AOR1 things to do happen pretty quickly!

This Forum and spreadsheet are my new obsession.
I agree with you on both of those things!! It gives us a good idea of what is happening rather than just sitting there waiting for an email to show up and having no idea, time frame wise, when it might.

JRAY_

Apr 29, 2019
Application received August 22.

Outland Sponsorship.
Canadian Citizen sponsoring Russian Wife

Wish everyone the best of luck; going to be a long year. I hope the election has no impact on processing times.

I'm so busy with work and school, and my wife's visitors visa got cancelled because she never had a return flight her second time visiting Canada. The CBSA officer never cancelled her visa, he just said he was giving her an allowed to leave; CBSA told us that my wife could return in a day and week, a month or a year, as long as she had a return flight, banking information and a letter of employment and this was if she just withdrew her application.

So she did ten days later and the officer stamped her passport for entry told her that he was restricting her visa until her return flight then told her to take a seat. Five minutes later he explained to her that CIC cancelled her visa, which was done without notifying her; she was therefore deported.

She tried to apply for a visa approximately 9 months later and was denied, based on contravening immigration laws in a previous visit and not having ties to home country.

I have used all my vacation at work as I am doing the CPA program and I visited my wife twice. She is Russian and she gets a month of vacation. Do you guys think it's worth our time to try for another visitors visa for her to come visit me?

Thanks

mdas

Aug 31, 2019
Application received August 22.

Outland Sponsorship.
Canadian Citizen sponsoring Russian Wife

Wish everyone the best of luck; going to be a long year. I hope the election has no impact on processing times.

I'm so busy with work and school, and my wife's visitors visa got cancelled because she never had a return flight her second time visiting Canada. The CBSA officer never cancelled her visa, he just said he was giving her an allowed to leave; CBSA told us that my wife could return in a day and week, a month or a year, as long as she had a return flight, banking information and a letter of employment and this was if she just withdrew her application.

So she did ten days later and the officer stamped her passport for entry told her that he was restricting her visa until her return flight then told her to take a seat. Five minutes later he explained to her that CIC cancelled her visa, which was done without notifying her; she was therefore deported.

She tried to apply for a visa approximately 9 months later and was denied, based on contravening immigration laws in a previous visit and not having ties to home country.

I have used all my vacation at work as I am doing the CPA program and I visited my wife twice. She is Russian and she gets a month of vacation. Do you guys think it's worth our time to try for another visitors visa for her to come visit me?

Thanks

Hi

I'm sorry to hear about this. I would strongly recommend researching your options for an appeal against the decision.

Wish you luck

Wien4Love

Sep 4, 2019
My wife is a Canadian Citizen and she is sponsoring me via the outland process. She is currently living in Canada
I'm currently living in the Caribbean. I'm looking at working in the USA on a temp work visa on a job for which i'm qualified for a year while sponsorship process. If successful, we both want to relocate the US for a year while I work and then move to canada together when app is completed. Will this affect our application for permanent residence in Canada?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi everyone,

Will you please DO NOT mess up or hide the row (e.g., application received date) in Outbound August sheet in the Google spreadsheet?

No one knows who you are, and who care about who you are. We just share the data here and keep privacy. You refer to other people's data, so... why you try to hide yours?

Pls... don't hide the application date again. The administers have been spending lots of time to maintain and fix the spreadsheet.

Thank you for having your attention!!!

Reactions: mdas