13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Oh I see... So if "immigration checks" are not done as part of "Background Checks", when is it done?
Background check consists of 2 parts one part (Criminality and Immigration ) from RCMP and 2nd Part Security from CSIS . These both have validity . Usually the one from rcmp expires in 1 year so has to be renewed . Csis is valid for 4 years. Once both are done you see the satus Background completed.
Physical presence is totally different , deals with CBSA .

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Background check consists of 2 parts one part (Criminality and Immigration ) from RCMP and 2nd Part Security from CSIS . These both have validity . Usually the one from rcmp expires in 1 year so has to be renewed . Csis is valid for 4 years. Once both are done you see the satus Background completed.
Physical presence is totally different , deals with CBSA .
I don't think immigration checks fall under BG checks category.

For me, Background checks were complete but my "residency" (which is the same as physical presence) were "Not started" the last time I ordered GCMS notes.

BG checks = Criminality + Security. Not immigration/residency checks IMO.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019

For me, Background checks were complete but my "residency" (which is the same as physical presence) were "Not started" the last time I ordered GCMS notes.

Makes sense. 'Immigration check' means checking applicants history with IRCC (student/PR...etc) and also cross checking entry/exit records of CBSA with applicants provided information which indirectly also means 'Residency' check. They both go hand in hand.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020

I was just referring to this page

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/adult.html#s03
Clearances
The applicant must not be subject to the prohibitions contained in sections 21 and 22 of the Act.
Applicant must pass all clearances: immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).
The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.
  • Immigration: one year
  • Criminality: one year
  • Security: four years

I am not sure but it does not mention who does immigration clearance so i thought maybe RCMP does it.

Reactions: canvisa13

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/adult.html#s03
Clearances
The applicant must not be subject to the prohibitions contained in sections 21 and 22 of the Act.
Applicant must pass all clearances: immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).
The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.

I am not sure but it does not mention who does immigration clearance so i thought maybe RCMP does it.
Immigration checks are done by IRCC (and may be also by CBSA).

Samkuma

May 17, 2021
Hi Everyone, does IRCC call before the oath ceremony? The tracker has been just updated to "scheduled for Oaths in mid August". But I have not received any invitation email yet. How many days before the ceremony they will send us the email? Does anyone know? please let me know. thanks in advance.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Clearances

Oh criminality is for one year.... So i have just 90 days validity left and dont know if my cic officer knows about it to send me oath before that ;)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone, does IRCC call before the oath ceremony? The tracker has been just updated to "scheduled for Oaths in mid August". But I have not received any invitation email yet. How many days before the ceremony they will send us the email? Does anyone know? please let me know. thanks in advance.
You will receive an email about a week before the ceremony. Some applicants have received calls before the oath. It might come from a number marked as "Unknown" or "Spam" so make sure you answer calls if you get it from an unknown number.