17-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015
Call them. It seems odd indeed.
Just got the email. it was so close, just a day before the weekend. Thank you for your suggestions.

Reactions: Flandernss

kris00

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-July-2014
Nomination.....
29-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
18-Dec-2014
Med's Request
30-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
17-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015
Call them. It seems odd indeed.
Just got the email. it was so close, just a day before the weekend. Thank you for your suggestions.

kris00

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-July-2014
Nomination.....
29-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
18-Dec-2014
Med's Request
30-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
17-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
I was just referring to this page

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/adult.html#s03
Clearances
The applicant must not be subject to the prohibitions contained in sections 21 and 22 of the Act.
Applicant must pass all clearances: immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).
The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.
  • Immigration: one year
  • Criminality: one year
  • Security: four years

I am not sure but it does not mention who does immigration clearance so i thought maybe RCMP does it.
luvtrump

You famously passed your interview hundred of years ago. Your file said your "immigration checks" were done just now? That means rajkamalmohanram is right that "immigration checks" are done after the interview (probably often in parallel with Physical presence).

Otherwise, if it was really during "Background Check", you would have had that done before the interview (I have no interview and "Background Check" was the first thing that showed "completed").

No?

Last edited:

el02220

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
so I got my GCMS Notes today (a lil surprise as they were sent on Sunday) , it says location local IRCC, due date Jul 24th , Lang, prohibitions, not started, background passed. Rest is gibberish , not sure what do do with it of if current situation is good or bad lol .$5 wasted

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
so I got my GCMS Notes today (a lil surprise as they were sent on Sunday) , it says location local IRCC, due date Jul 24th , Lang, prohibitions, not started, background passed. Rest is gibberish , not sure what do do with it of if current situation is good or bad lol .$5 wasted
Why'd you pay $5 if you were applying for notes for yourself. Next time around, apply under the Privacy Act when you are applying notes for yourself, there's no fee.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
So I received my GCMS notes today and My file is with some person , i can see the name of the person and his ID number PN XXXXX, i think he is not an officer . Since May the file is with him. He mentions in the notes:

This file needs to be assessed by a level 2 officer to detemine the next step. For location of the file refer to him.

It seems my file is very complicated for them to handle. Perhaps they should send it to a student of Stephen hawking .

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
So I received my GCMS notes today and My file is with some person , i can see the name of the person and his ID number PN XXXXX, i think he is not an officer . Since May the file is with him. He mentions in the notes:

This file needs to be assessed by a level 2 officer to detemine the next step. For location of the file refer to him.

It seems my file is very complicated for them to handle. Perhaps they should send it to a student of Stephen hawking .
Level2 officer is on 699 leave probably or not assigned to leve2 hence hanging in balance:rolleyes:.
CIC revised the processes to avoid this very hung up and it still hangs on to the same thing. great.

Any reason they said that it needs to be verified by level2?

What do you mean "For location of the file refer to him"?

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Level2 officer is on 699 leave probably or not assigned to leve2 hence hanging in balance:rolleyes:.
CIC revised the processes to avoid this very hung up and it still hangs on to the same thing. great.

Any reason they said that it needs to be verified by level2?

What do you mean "For location of the file refer to him"?
Probably or might be on a vacation somewhere in the caribbeans. The thing Im confused is that the gcms notes i got last month did not mention anything nor the note nor the person info or that my file was with him but the file was updated by him in first week of May , it should have shown on the notes.

Any how I got no idea why it has to be assessed by a level 2 officer , maybe coz my physical presence is 1095.5, oh and I was absent for 634 days in my physical presence, could be the reason. He mentions in the notes for physical file location refer to him.

Ill keep ordering notes every month only then I can know where my file is or what is happening with my file.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Probably or might be on a vacation somewhere in the caribbeans. The thing Im confused is that the gcms notes i got last month did not mention anything nor the note nor the person info or that my file was with him but the file was updated by him in first week of May , it should have shown on the notes.

Any how I got no idea why it has to be assessed by a level 2 officer , maybe coz my physical presence is 1095.5, oh and I was absent for 634 days in my physical presence, could be the reason. He mentions in the notes for physical file location refer to him.

Ill keep ordering notes every month only then I can know where my file is or what is happening with my file.
Wait a second. You were absent for 634 days from Canada!!!? Well, I never knew this and this explains why your residency is still in Progress. You should have mentioned this earlier :)

634 days is a LOT of days ! And on top of that, you applied without a buffer (0.5 days isn't a buffer).

I've been absent for 44 days only and even then, I've received a request to submit all the pages of my passport to verify physical presence.

But I agree, you should have received RQ by now if they wanted to verify presence. You've been waiting too long without an update, which is bad.